Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank announces the arrival of up to 90 tons

Like I said before, I have over $ 5 Mil. pasted on the Walls of my Cell and NOT a Soul will touch it....I am taking it down now as we speak. They think it's just a hobby ...Thanks

Maybe it would be wise to wait till after the elections.. In my opinion it's too close to the elections to call it ..

my question is this. there has been articles saying they cannot pay their employees, with out the buget being passed. so wheres the money coming from to buy this gold. if its the cbi thats using their reserves, what have they gained

The CBI is a separate entity, privately owned by the Rothschilds (sp?), and not under control of the Iraqi govt. They can use their money and reserves all day long

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Thanks k98...There could be an angle to this to pull in more of the large notes...All official transaction in country must be in dinars and they just passed in parliament where the citizens could purchase gold...nothing solid on this just a perspective view...  

Iraq May be trying to move to an asset backed currency and I applaud that.....

However where are they buying all this physical gold from ?

Most countries are also trying to return to an asset backed currency of their own.

I'm don't know of any who are selling off this much gold.

The US doesn't have any gold.  China now holds most of that. The US can't even deliver the real gold they are suppose to be holding for other countries.

Iraq could use it's proven oil reserves to back their currency, even though gold works too.

Iraq is surely paying top nut for todays gold...what happens if the gold market falls out....

Just some food for grist mill....

The best things in life RV

yak

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The CBI is a separate entity, privately owned by the Rothschilds (sp?), and not under control of the Iraqi govt. They can use their money and reserves all day long

now that's an interessssssssssssssssting thought...

If Iraq got all of this Gold (90 Tons) and over 80 plus billion in cash reserve - Why havn't they RV'd their currency?  Why keep worthless toilet tissue paper money when you have opportunity to increase your currency?  Am I missing something here?

they're using dollars...

Iraqi gold reserves 90 tons

SATURDAY, APRIL 4 / APRIL 2014 12:44   

Twilight News / Iraqi central bank said in a statement Friday that its gold reserves amounted to 90 tons after it bought 60 tons during the past two months.

3038805.jpgThe statement, seen by "Twilight News" The goal of buying gold is to support the value of the Iraqi dinar.

The item had mentioned that he had bought 36 tonnes of gold last March in an effort to contribute to the stability of the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against other currencies.

According to data from the International Monetary Fund was the last addition to Iraq's reserves of gold bought 23.9 tons Bank in August 2012.

The central banks were selling gold to buy more than they even signed the global financial crisis following the collapse of Lehman Brothers, which enhanced the lure of gold as one of the origins of reserves and hedging tool in the face of fluctuating currency markets.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/175426-iraqi-gold-reserves-90-tons/#ixzz2xv6F3BFk

and one more Thanks K98...03/04/2014 18:09

Central Bank: high pure gold reserves during the last two months

This contributed to the high rating in Iraq to become the first third of the rankings private global central bank reserves of gold

18023.jpg?width=400&crop=auto

BAGHDAD / obelisk: Central Bank of Iraq, Thursday, high pure gold reserves during the last two months, indicating that it contributed to the high rating in Iraq to become the first third of the rankings private global central bank reserves of gold.

The bank said in a press statement received "obelisk", a copy of it, that "reserves the CBI of pure gold reached up to 90 tons, after he bought 60 tons during the last two months, and various destinations in the framework of the diversification of its reserves and support the value of the dinar Iraqi. "

He added that "it has doubled its gold reserves at the Central Bank of Iraq three times what it was like the end of 2012, which contributed to the high rating in Iraq to become the first third of the rankings private global central bank reserves of gold."

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/175419-central-bank-high-pure-gold-reserves-during-the-last-two-months/#ixzz2xv6etfd9

Like I said before, I have over $ 5 Mil. pasted on the Walls of my Cell and NOT a Soul will touch it....I am taking it down now as we speak. They think it's just a hobby ...Thanks 

What kind of crime do I have to commit to be stuck in a cell with you?

Even Iraq’s Central Bank Buying Gold Now?

fbshare.gif

fbshare.gif
Email

Thursday, April 3rd, 2014

By Michael Lombardi, MBA for Profit Confidential

As-Pressure-Mounts-on-Paper-Currencies-WCentral banks are still adding gold bullion to their reserves and the smaller countries are getting into the act big-time.

According to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), in the month of March, Iraq’s central bank added 36 tonnes of gold bullion to its reserves—worth about $1.5 billion. This is the first purchase by the central bank since August of 2012, when it bought 23.9 tonnes of gold. (Source: Reuters, March 25, 2014.)

Sure, you could say, “Michael, 36 tonnes of gold bullion is nothing for a central bank.”

I agree. But looking at the bigger picture, it is very significant for a small country like Iraq—a country whose annual gross domestic product (GDP) is smaller than Amazon.com’s sales for 2013—to be getting into gold bullion in a big way. The official announcement from the central bank of Iraq sent the message that it bought the gold bullion to stabilize the country’s currency and add insurance to their reserves.

Since 2009, central banks around the global economy have become net buyers of gold bullion, and I don’t think they will stop anytime soon. The main reason for this is that the central banks see a significant amount of volatility coming to the world of paper currencies—something they hold in their reserves.

As someone intersted in detail, what weight do we convert to value ?

One Metric Tonne = 1000 Kgs.                  x 90 = 90,000 kg.

One UK Ton          = 1016 Kgs 46.906g.    x 90 = 91,444 kg

One US ton           = 907kg  184.75g.        x 90 = 81,646 kg

It says it all about this Country.. nothing is straight forward.

Which weight would you like to be paid in ?.

Let's us keep it simple:

2000 lbs = 1 ton,   90 tons  = 180000 lbs-      1300 per ounce   *   (180,000 * 16) = 3.744 Billion in U.S. $ equivalent

• Upvote 1