Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gold and the Iraqi Dinar Revaluation !

A while back the suggestion was made to print 50K notes. If the CBI wants quantity wouldn't we be seeing the 50,000 IQD notes by now?

I guess it kinda depends on how true what we read is.

Edited by DWitte
  • Upvote 1

also countries usually dont buy in bulk so quickly like Iraq has recently done.  Usually they buy periodically through out the years.  So ask yourself why did Iraq buy so much gold in the span of a month and now in the top 40 countries possessing gold? imho to support of an increased value instead of only oil for their currency.

THANKS

you were doing so well with sentences.... thanks

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

Note: This has written all over it...and in more ways than one...that they want the Iraqi Dinar to become more powerful against the US Dollar.....but they state that the current administration can not support the value of the Iraqi dinar.....then they claim that the same authorities I assume....are taking measures to stabilize it this month?

Does this not tell us that there are other factors and political aspects involved that we may not even know about as per what is going on with the dinar?..And that it's most probably not even under the control of Iraq and/or never has been?...I guess we will surely see wont we?....But when?...lol...

(((It seems that the current administration of the bank can not support the value of the Iraqi dinar.)))

(((It was the Iraqi Central Bank announced that it will take new measures to stabilize the Iraqi dinar exchange rate during the month.)))

ARTICLE........................................... ....................................

Parliamentary economy bear the responsibility of the Central Bank of the fluctuation of the Iraqi dinar

03/27/2014

7887241.jpg?172

Amer winner

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} carried committee of economy and investment parliamentary responsibility of the Central Bank of the fluctuation of the price of the Iraqi dinar against other currencies.A member of the Economic Commission Amer winner told the News} {Euphrates on Thursday that the "wiggle political Central Bank weighed heavily on the currency in Iraq," noting that "the bank is responsible exclusively on monetary policy in the country." and

added that "the instability of the security situation and the continuing differences between the political blocs other factors affected the instability of the Iraqi dinar against foreign currencies. " and "The stability of the central bank's policy, and the security situation, in addition to providing a suitable platform for foreign investors, factors that will help the stability of the Iraqi dinar against other currencies" . revealed the winner for "resolve all outstanding differences between the center and the region on the Law of the general budget and other problems relating to the export of oil," likely "to read the budget such as reading a second session next Sunday." This accused member of the Committee on the economy and investment representative in earlier Aziz Mayahi influential figures in The government, in coordination with the staff at the Central Bank to control the sale of hard currency, which led to a decline in the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar.said Mayahi that the central bank has vowed to take new measures to stabilize the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar, but so far is still the exchange rate of the dollar high It seems that the current administration of the bank can not support the value of the Iraqi dinar. " It was the Iraqi Central Bank announced that it will take new measures to stabilize the Iraqi dinar exchange rate during the month.

http://goo.gl/VTfqFs

• Upvote 1

Someone help me here..

Let's say I have 1.52 billion in cash. I go and buy 1.52 billion worth of gold. At the end of the day I still have something only worth 1.52 billion. How does owning gold help?

When a large amount of gold is exchanged, there is usually a discount on the purchase price if it is "Registered" gold.  Usually a 5% discount against the London Exchange for the set transaction date.  When large amounts of gold is exchanged that it is "Not Registered," the discount could be as high as 40%.   There is so much unregistered gold in the world that this happens very frequently.   Just my two cents.  Thanks for your post.  GLTY and All.  Go RV.

• Upvote 1

Here is a interesting article that probably all of you already know but I thought I would post it for you all. It clearly states that countries by gold to stabilize their currencies. Irak has been buying gold by the tons and makes me believe that something is coming.

Here are nations with largest gold reserves as measured by tonnes. This list includes the International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank.

The United States (#1) was static at 8,133.5 tonnes

Germany (#2) was down slightly at 3,391.3 tonnes (April 2013), versus 3,401.8 tonnes in late 2011

The International Monetary Fund (#3) was static at 2,814 tonnes

Italy (#4) was static at 2,451.8 tonnes

France (#5) was static at 2,435.4 tonnes

China (#6) was static at 1,054.1 tonnes

Switzerland (#7) was static at 1,040.1 tonnes

Russia (#8) increased reserves from 851.5 tonnes in late 2011 to 976.9 tonnes (April 2013)

Japan (#9) was static at 765.2 tonnes

The Netherlands (#10) was static at 612.5 tonnes

India (#11) was static at 557.7 tonnes

The European Central Bank (#12) was static at 502.1 tonnes

Taiwan (#13) was static at 423.6 tonnes

Portugal (#14) was static at 382.5 tonnes

24/7 Wall St. has analyzed the World Gold Council data and added comments on how and why the central banks of Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Brazil, Kazakhstan and Iraq could act as the stabilizing mechanisms for gold if selling pressure continues. If history is a measure, it seems highly unlikely that retail buyers and speculators will start another wave of gold purchases. Central banks buy gold in support of their currencies, and the recent massive drop may give the central banks that can a chance to increase their gold holdings.

I posted this on another thread but I think it belongs here.

Greetings from way out here in left field.

The "Plan", as we here are predicting;

Buy lots of gold.

Use as backing for RV.

Why?

Stop-gap measure.

Think of it as a band-aid.

Why?

Most of the oil is still in the ground...

I brought something up once before,

years ago, when the gurus first started

talking about IQD coming out of the gate

at $3.00+.

They pointed at the oil and said,

"Iraq can do $3.00+ because they have

all that oil to back it up.".

I said,

"Ok, so while it's still in the ground, how would

you feel about Iraq doing the RV, with all that

oil backing it up, and when you go to the bank,

they give you an IOU?".

"WTH??? An IOU??? WHY???".

"Because the barrel of oil backing up YOUR

portion of the RV is still in the ground...".

Which brings me to another opinion piece I posted

yesterday about the additional 36 tons of gold being

for something big.

The whole pride factor, and how Iraq could be using it

to back the RV in the short-term, so that they could

do the RV and more or less tell their Middle East neighbors,

"Were back!!!", and let their economy fall into line in

whatever way it will, as an after-effect.

Ok, it's late and I'm about fall off my perch.

Good night.

Edited by mrparrot

Here is a interesting article that probably all of you already know but I thought I would post it for you all. It clearly states that countries by gold to stabilize their currencies. Irak has been buying gold by the tons and makes me believe that something is coming.

Here are nations with largest gold reserves as measured by tonnes. This list includes the International Monetary Fund and the European Central Bank.

The United States (#1) was static at 8,133.5 tonnes

Germany (#2) was down slightly at 3,391.3 tonnes (April 2013), versus 3,401.8 tonnes in late 2011

The International Monetary Fund (#3) was static at 2,814 tonnes

Italy (#4) was static at 2,451.8 tonnes

France (#5) was static at 2,435.4 tonnes

China (#6) was static at 1,054.1 tonnes

Switzerland (#7) was static at 1,040.1 tonnes

Russia (#8) increased reserves from 851.5 tonnes in late 2011 to 976.9 tonnes (April 2013)

Japan (#9) was static at 765.2 tonnes

The Netherlands (#10) was static at 612.5 tonnes

India (#11) was static at 557.7 tonnes

The European Central Bank (#12) was static at 502.1 tonnes

Taiwan (#13) was static at 423.6 tonnes

Portugal (#14) was static at 382.5 tonnes

24/7 Wall St. has analyzed the World Gold Council data and added comments on how and why the central banks of Russia, Turkey, South Korea, Brazil, Kazakhstan and Iraq could act as the stabilizing mechanisms for gold if selling pressure continues. If history is a measure, it seems highly unlikely that retail buyers and speculators will start another wave of gold purchases. Central banks buy gold in support of their currencies, and the recent massive drop may give the central banks that can a chance to increase their gold holdings.

I posted this on another thread but I think it belongs here.

The only thing measured in gold is Registered gold.   WWII gave us bilateral decisions with gold,  either registered, which was minimal and then unregistered which is alot folks.  Asia has alot of unregistered gold, from the Philippines, Sumatra, Japan, Thailand, ect. 

This gold does not exist in the  books since WWII made it possible to be so.  GLTA and Go RV

We shall soon see. But it seems the CBI is not printing more money . At least not the large notes. Neither are the banks in some areas releasing them . This writer is not completely informed in my opinion

Perhaps the writer is not informed on the dinar. Perhaps, as Dog pointed out in the thread on global warming, he might a liberal. Some does not believe anything a liberal prints.

So we need to find this out.

I will take a chance he is a conservative and comment now - it is a downer that he mentions an ongoing opinion that has been buried in Guroo doo doo - that Iraq is a rebuilding economy and a low value currency helps that. They have the dollar to use. They are also an exporting economy (oil) like the Saudis and therefore like a low currency for that reason (Saudi currency around a quarter, more or less, right?)

So all the infrastructure building and these two reasons can be enough to explain the 10 yr. wait for the dinar.

On the bright side...if the dinar floats or jumps to par with, say the Saudis, they could accomplish several goals and make us a sizable profit - a low export currency, reasonably pay back the imperial powers that invaded, and still back the currency more easily at a lower rate.

It seems Adam's thesis of a rate around a dime to a quarter makes sense in this context. I have several million - at a quarter, I will walk away very happy.

Edited by AmericaInc

Honeslty, isn't this just the liberal way of looking at and doing things?  Manipulate the markets and the currency to make it look as if things have gotten better, though no real growth has been made and no real wealth is created. You can see it here in the US what the over production of money does.

When you have the products to back the money (like Iraq now has) then the currency should be rated higher to reflect that, otherwise all the playing with the money will only kill the currency in the end.  It has to revalue in order for it to stay strong.

I am not as eloquent at explaiing this as others are, but i understand what will happen if Iraq leaves their currency under valued for to long.

Anyway, that is my two cents..  :twocents:  :salute:

• Upvote 1

Notes: From the last part of this article below...as per Christine LaGarde's words I assume?....see these important parts which are highlighted in ((( ))) parenthesis.......with notes....

(((There are essentially 2 kinds of money in the world; money like the US dollar which is based on the strength of the economy while the Iraqi Dinar is based on their most valuable commodity, oil as well as gold and agriculture.)))

*Does this not indicate that Iraq's money will soon become a key player on the world stage....and as per it's monetary strength...due to it's hard assets backing?....She say's the dinar basically will be backed by Oil, Gold, Agriculture....(This does not even get into all the other resources and minerals that Iraq possesses)....And if the U.S. Economy is represents the strength of the U.S. Dollar...then is this the reason many of the countries around the world are dumping the U.S. Dollar as well as the Petro Dollar?...Is this due to our weak economy?....So is Iraq's economy weak or strong?...Are the largest and shrewdest banks in the world investing in Iraq due to a weak or strong economy that Iraq possesses?....This would indicate that Iraq's economy and hard assets backing would be a double whammy against or upside most economies of the world in comparison...would it not?

(((Right now, the US dollar is Iraq’s international currency but the IMF is trying to get the country’s money valuable enough for the Dinar to be their international currency.)))

*This seemingly illustrates...that by the U.S. Dollar being Iraq's International Currency...as she quotes....doesnt this depict that the U.S. and/or the IMF would seemingly be in control of this entire sceanrio or plan for Iraq?.....And if the IMF is actually trying to make the dinar valuable enough to replace the U.S. Dollar as Iraq's international currency...would this not depict that there must be a rise in Iraq's currency for this to be accomplished?...IMO..why was the U.S. Dollar ever made to be their currency in the first place...along with what is said to now be 6 trillion spent on the costs of war..as well as some of the largest international banks and companies investing in Iraq above and beyond most other places of te world. In other words...if the dinar cannot come up to a real decent value like it has been in the several dollar range per dinar for the most part of the last century...then with all of this happening in Iraq with a decades long dictatorship gone...why not?...

(((With so many of the world’s financial leaders so heavily invested in the Middle-Eastern nation, it’s easy to see why Iraq’s financial future is so important to the financial well being of the entire globe.)))

*Does this not depict that the biggest of the biggest are already major players in Iraq?.....And as she say's...Iraq's financial future is so important to the financial well being of the entire globe?....Why would this be?.....How could Iraq affect the entire financial well being of the entire globe?.....So..if this is true..and the U.S. and the U.S. Petro Dollar...which is all about oil...has dominated the world scene now for appx. 50+ years...and we spent a fortune in this country liberating it...investing in it...putting our currency in it to use while placing a secure dinar currency in place...(while we are broke)...would this not depict that the U.S. stands to recoup all monies lost in this venture as well as accomodate off of this booming and thriving powerhouse as it comes online with the world...and moreso than any other country could..as we initiated the PLAN ourselves!.....

P.S......A hypothetical and another IMO.....This is too big for most to see...but the PLAN will work..and when the smoke clears and all the dust settles...Iraq will be the "Mecca Of The World that All Will Marvel Over"...as we have heard before.....but either way...if we just follow the money....it stands to reason that we will all be ok...but if we go down and lose by investing with Iraq...we will have went down with the biggest of the biggest...and then it would'nt have mattered anyway...as everyone will be in the same boat financially if that were to happen...IMO...you be the judge...for what it's worth....

ARTICLE........................................... .................................................. ................

The IMF and Iraq

03/28/2014

250525.jpg?211
Christine Lagarde
Since the capture of the ruthless dictator Saddam Hussein nearly a decade ago, the future of the Middle-Eastern nation of Iraq has been very unsure. Fighting between rival factions have the turbulent country on the verge of civil war and it seems as though democracy will have a very difficult time taking a foothold. Financial instability is also a problem for Iraq even though it is responsible for so much of the world’s annual crude oil yield.

Prior to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the country was approximately $120 Billion in debt and its centrally planned economy didn’t allow foreign ownership of Iraqi businesses. Oil makes up nearly 95% of Iraq’s foreign exchange earnings but underdevelopment in other sectors has lead to an unemployment rate of 30%. This is because oil export actually generates very few jobs, resulting in a dismal gross domestic product (GDP) of only about $4,000. Since the invasion the coalition for provisional authority has issued several binding orders to open Iraq’s economy to foreign investors. The coalition of provisional authority is a transitional government founded by the Untied States, the UK and their allies and was formed to remove the former government of Saddam Hussein.

Now that Iraq is on its way to becoming a democratic nation, representatives from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) have recommended the acceleration of the pace of structural reform to increase job growth. The IMF which is also known as “the fund”, was conceived in 1944 at a United Nation’s conference in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. 44 governments which were represented at the conference wanted to build an economic framework of cooperation to avoid a repeat of competitive devaluations which were largely responsible for the great depression of the 1930s. The IMFs main purpose is to maintain the International Monetary System which is the system of exchange rates and international payments that allows transactions between countries and the citizens of those countries. The IMF is necessary for sustaining economic growth and reducing poverty. The IMF’s mandate has been updated recently to cover a wider range of financial sector issues that influence global stability.

Since 2003, working closely with the IMF has helped Iraq achieve some level of macroeconomic stability. This has proved to be a challenging task because of an unstable political climate and constant fighting among rival factions. The IMF seeks to strengthen Iraq’s structurally weak economy and lower its very high poverty and unemployment rates. The IMF held discussions from March 2-12 to brainstorm ideas on how to better achieve these goals. The 2013 Article IV discussions were held in Amman, Jordan and many of Iraq’s top political figures attended such as Al-Turki Said; the head governor of the Central bank of Iraq and Al-Shakuri; acting finance minister of Iraq.

The Point of the Article IV Discussions

The point of the meetings in March was to discuss ways to improve security conditions, empower economic institutions and implement viable policies. It was agreed that fiscal policies would be more effective if they were focused on the financing of social and investment spending as well as creating fiscal buffers to protect the struggling economy against oil market shocks. There were five main policies recommended by the IMF at the discussions. (1) Creating fiscal buffers to protect Iraq’s new economy from oil revenue volatility; (2) making the foreign exchange market more liberal; (3) continue to closely manage reserves held by the Development Fund for Iraq (DFI) and the Central Bank of Iraq; (4) increasing reform in the financial sector, creating even competition for private banks; (5) speeding up structural reform which to create jobs and increase private sector growth.

Carlo Sdralevich, who led the IMF’s article IV discussions said the IMF will continue to work closely with Iraq to develop its government, improve social conditions and create employment opportunities for Iraqi citizens. Mr. Sdralevich was encouraged by the fact that Iraq was able to maintain macroeconomic stability despite a turbulent political climate. Mr. Sdralevich went on to say that Iraq’s economic growth remained sturdy at about 8% due to rising oil production and other non-oil activity. He says he expects economic growth to increase to 9% in 2013 as oil production increases from just less than 3 million barrels a day (MBPD) to 3.3 MBPD. He went on to say inflation was held to 6%. Oil proceeds lead to CBI reserves reaching $70 Billion US and the (DFI) rose to $18 Billion US.

The IMF was encouraged by the budget surplus of 4% which was due to high oil revenues and improving financial sector policies but they realize monetary policy instruments need to be refined. Also an accelerated restructuring of the banking system is crucial. Therefor, it’s paramount to clean up Rasheed and Rafidain balance sheets for their restructuring and recapitalization. Iraq still has to meet difficult medium-term challenges to create sustainable growth to improve the living standards of its citizens. The country also needs to improve public financial management to ensure that the huge oil revenues are used transparently and effectively. If all of these goals are responsibly managed, then the Iraqi Dinar, their national currency, should grow strong enough for the country to achieve economic independence.

There are essentially 2 kinds of money in the world; money like the US dollar which is based on the strength of the economy while the Iraqi Dinar is based on their most valuable commodity, oil as well as gold and agriculture. Right now, the US dollar is Iraq’s international currency but the IMF is trying to get the country’s money valuable enough for the Dinar to be their international currency. With so many of the world’s financial leaders so heavily invested in the Middle-Eastern nation, it’s easy to see why Iraq’s financial future is so important to the financial well being of the entire globe. Once Democracy has taken root in Iraq and their new economy rescues the citizens from the depths of poverty, perhaps other 3rd world countries will warm up to the idea of democracy and free world trade.

http://goo.gl/eqgKoY

Gold sits in a vault to back currency

It doesn't dance

It doesn't heat my home in the winter

Oil sits in the ground to back the dinar what's the differance ??

As the oil is pumped out the dollars used to buy the oil replaces the oil that used to back it

Then the dollars backing it can be used to buy gold to replace the dollars that are backing it

See the oil in the ground is something that can be exchanged for legal tender

Its a simple procedure of exchanging one reserve for another

A natural reserve like oil is not something that is hard to replace its just time consuming

So why wait

Just do it

Meet compliance for international banking and rv

The reserves are in the vault

• Upvote 3