Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It's Good To Be Back

Seabee

I want to take a little bit of your time to reintroduce myself as I try to find my way around the DV site again after being away for the better part of a year. My name is Dave and I have been a member here since late 2009. I go by Seabee and sometimes as Seabee1972, which being that 1972 was the year I went into the Navy Seabee's.

I live in upstate New York and for the best part of 20 years worked at the Remington Arms Co. in Ilion, N.Y. I last worked there as a prooffer in the gallery until I had to leave due to service connected illness and injuries. So, because of the Seabee's plus being affiliated with the Shore Patrol and working with the Remington Arms Co., guns have played a large part of my life.

Anyway, last year I contracted a stomach virus and it was complicated by the Addison Disease I have. I almost died one night last April and lost 25 pounds in four days, but managed to come out of it by June. I have other health issues which can't be explained by some Dr's feel I may have come into contact with Agent Orange while stationed on Diego Garcia during the mid 1970's. If any of you have evidence of AO on Diegi Garcia please let me know.

Last June when I felt better, I went to sign on DV.com and could not remember my password. I tried to contact tech support but couldn't get anyone to respond back to me or so I thought. I tried and tried to get a response many times over but it was a no go. I wanted to get back on here and participate and write to my friends. I have lost track of a lot of good friends, namely Betty Boop, Cosmos and others just to name a couple. Did you all change your ID or move on to other things?

Finally, I said to Hell with it and concentrated on my health issue. Just back in January I had a total knee replacement done on my right knee. This was a result of a service aggravated injury. My knee is better and it feels great. I will have the other one done next winter and the right hip done soon after.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was able to get in contact with TexasGranny and Bumper. They were both helpful in getting me back on board the site. I wish to thank them for the help. What stumped me was how DV was able to get other E-mail addresses that were in my name but never used. So whenever I sent a querie in I often wondered why I never got a reply back. It seems that AOL is not a compatible mail server to DV. Maybe this can explain the reason others are having issue with contacting DV from what I see from time to time.

TexasGranny or Bumper, could you please tell me why your VIP site won't accept my AOL address like the main site does so that I can renew VIP status.

Anyway, it is good to finally be back onto the main DV site. Some may wonder why I might open up about myself, but I am a pretty open book and of my friends know me that way as well. Let's say I wouldn't be your typical politician, LOL. I find it refreshing, but am smart enough not to tell all about myself that some could use against you.

It has been a long time waiting for an RV or whatever else to happen and some days I was left wondering will it happen, or won't it happen? Over the years I have become more of an optimist, because of my strong faith in God. If I should die before the IQD revalues, I have told my kids that they will all be left to them with my best wishes. I trust they will do good with their new found wealth as they know what I would have done with a portion of any wealth.

It is good to be back here and I wish all good luck with the road in front of you.

Seabee

• Upvote 6

Just a couple of weeks ago I was able to get in contact with TexasGranny and Bumper. They were both helpful in getting me back on board the site. I wish to thank them for the help. What stumped me was how DV was able to get other E-mail addresses that were in my name but never used. So whenever I sent a querie in I often wondered why I never got a reply back. It seems that AOL is not a compatible mail server to DV. Maybe this can explain the reason others are having issue with contacting DV from what I see from time to time.

TexasGranny or Bumper, could you please tell me why your VIP site won't accept my AOL address like the main site does so that I can renew VIP status.

http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=218890#second

AOL

If you’re using AOL, you can ensure that your Adam's emails are delivered to your inbox by setting your mail controls. Here’s how:

• Go to Keyword Mail Controls
  • Select the screen name the emails are being sent to
  • Click Customize Mail Controls For This Screen Name
  • For AOL version 7.0: In the section for “exclusion and inclusion parameters,” include these domains:
    • @dinarvets.com
    • @dinarspeculation.com
    • @dinarsupport.com
  • For AOL version 8.0: Select Allow e-mail from all AOL members, e-mail addresses, and domains
  • Click Next until the Save button shows up at the bottom
  • Click Save.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/94341-whitelist-adams-emails-to-you/#ixzz2wqrGphNn

• Upvote 3

I've already said "welcome back" on a certain dream gun thread.... I knew you hadn't been around, now I know why... thanks for keepin' us in the loop Seabee.... and we will keep prayin' for your good health my friend... this site needs solid folks like you, and we are glad you waded through the technology jungle to find your way back... Welcome home!!!  ;) 

• Upvote 3

I've already said "welcome back" on a certain dream gun thread.... I knew you hadn't been around, now I know why... thanks for keepin' us in the loop Seabee.... and we will keep prayin' for your good health my friend... this site needs solid folks like you, and we are glad you waded through the technology jungle to find your way back... Welcome home!!!  ;) 

Thanks for the personal reply Rod. This is just what this web site needs, people such as yourself and others that have sent a kind note. It's like a breath of fresh air.

Thanks

• Upvote 2

still  jeepguy  here ,   wow   hope  your  summer is  better  than  the  last  few seasons you  have  been through ......  welcome  back  ...

Don't know why anyone would neg you for that post so I evened you out.

• Upvote 2

It's Great To Have You Back Seabee :)

We missed you around here and I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better!

Was hoping that was you when I saw the name Seabee show up recently.

We get to hear from BettyBoop and Cosmo every once in a while... they pop in to say "Hello". :)

• Upvote 2

Don't know why anyone would neg you for that post so I evened you out.

Thanks for your observation and I gave you another + for your quick witted ness?

If you want to hear something sad, please read on.

I had a DV member e-mail me off site and tell me that the only reason I wrote what I did above, was because I was looking for sympathy and was trying to increase my status..... Reading that E-mail made me want to puke. This is not what I am all about and for those like this e-mail writer and others like him, they can go piss up a rope. For you innocent ones out there, please forgive for my French.

Have a good day to all.

• Upvote 4

Thanks for your observation and I gave you another + for your quick witted ness?

If you want to hear something sad, please read on.

I had a DV member e-mail me off site and tell me that the only reason I wrote what I did above, was because I was looking for sympathy and was trying to increase my status..... Reading that E-mail made me want to puke. This is not what I am all about and for those like this e-mail writer and others like him, they can go piss up a rope. For you innocent ones out there, please forgive for my French.

Have a good day to all.

Welcome back, Seabee.  Don't sweat those email chucklehead types.......they're completely outnumbered by the good guys/gals.  I for one, like your French.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 2

Would really love to "send in the DV Troops" on that person Seabee....but you know like most of us...someone who would do that is probably strugglin' with some issues of their own but they sadly choose to dump on someone else to make themselves feel better! I've never figured that one out...if I hit my thumb with a hammer how is hitting someone else's thumb gonna make mine feel better??? :o/

• Upvote 2