Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

So Sad!!!!!! on the News!

carlablum

Just saw on the news.....Fox in Washington State

A Father?Husband was killed when someone came to do a purchase from an add on Craigslist. Mentioned on the news Iraq Dinar were stolen from the home. I am so sad for the family and I am also hoping we have'nt lost someone in our family at Dinar Vets. It will be showing more details in ten minutes.

Lets all pray for this family,

Blessings

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-042810-edgewoodshooting,0,5410798.story

• Upvote 2

A Father?Husband was killed when someone came to do a purchase from an add on Craigslist. Mentioned on the news Iraq Dinar were stolen from the home. I am so sad for the family and I am also hoping we have'nt lost someone in our family at Dinar Vets. It will be showing more details in ten minutes.

Blessings

http://www.q13fox.co...dgewoodshooting,0,5410798.story

53535448-29170516-400225.jpg This picture looks like one I have seen here. Please if you know Jim Sanders is on DinarVets please let me know, I will go to the family on behalf of our family here at DV. He was a VET and was killed in front of his family. Even if he wasn't on DinarVets he still had the same dream we had, he owned Dinar.

Blessings

As sad as this is, it wasn't iraq dinar advertised on Craigs list, it was a diamond ring. Says on the link you left.

Lake Stevens home invasion linked to Pierce County killing

Police say home invasion similar to fatal attack

By Jackson Holtz, Herald Writer

LAKE STEVENS — Lake Stevens detectives believe it's “highly probable” that the same group of suspects who ransacked a Lake Stevens home Sunday night were responsible for a fatal home-invasion robbery in Pierce County on Wednesday.

“I'm pretty sure these incidents are connected,” Lake Stevens Police Chief Randy Celori said Thursday.

In both cases, families posted expensive items on Craigslist, officials said. People who said they were responding to the ads came to the homes instead intent on robbing the sellers.

At least four men and a woman are suspects in both cases, police said.

“My heart goes out to both families,” Celori said.

Lake Stevens detectives were working with Pierce County sheriff's deputies to try to take the suspects off the streets.

Celori said he believes the suspects are Pierce County residents who likely are known to police there.

Sgt. Ed Troyer, a spokesman for the Pierce County Sheriff's Office said the man who was fatally shot at his Edgewood home was James Sanders, 43. He may have intervened when his 14-year-old son was being pistol-whipped by the robbers.

Detectives believe three men and a woman went to Sanders' home after an expensive ring was advertised on the Internet classified site.

Once inside the home, the group assaulted the family and tied up the wife. Another son was not injured and called for help.

The robbers fled with several items from the house, Troyer said. Some of the stolen property was found early Thursday in the bushes off a Highway 167 ramp.

The Lake Stevens incident occurred Sunday just after 10 p.m., Celori said.

A family who lives in the 1200 block of 84th Avenue SE was trying to sell a flat-screen TV on Craigslist, the chief said. Two men arrived at the home and threatened a man with handguns.

They forced the man to a couch, used zip ties to bind his hands and then covered him in a blanket, Celori said.

The suspects found the man's wife upstairs and tied her up. The couple's 6-month-old baby boy was in a crib.

The suspects allegedly used the man's cellphone to call additional suspects to help with the robbery. Two more men and a woman came into the home, police believe.

In less than 10 minutes, the suspects ransacked the home, stealing electronics, jewelry, and Iraqi currency worth about $5,000 if exchanged, Celori said. The total take was in excess of $30,000.

The man is an U.S. Army veteran who served in Iraq and brought the dinars back. Police were checking to see if anyone is trying to swap dinars for dollars

None of the family was physically injured, Celori said. They turned down a request for an interview.

Police sketches of two of the Lake Stevens suspects were released Thursday. The two men are described as 18- to 24-years-old with thin builds. One is black, about 5-foot-6-inches tall, about 160 pounds, with a goatee. The other is mixed-race, likely black and Asian, about 5-foot-10-inches tall, about 170 pounds, with a tattoo on his neck.

The robberies are reminders to use caution when buying or selling items over the Internet, police said.

“The way we communicate may be changing rapidly, but the steps we need to take to protect ourselves and our families really haven't changed,” Snohomish County Sheriff John Lovick said. “These robberies are a tragic reminder that we can never be too careful when it comes to our personal safety. Don't assume that you know someone simply because you've talked to them online, or even over the phone.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20100430/NEWS01/704309846

• Upvote 1

I must say this. This type of incident is exactly why we try to keep people from discussing specifics when it comes to their personal information. We try to keep it out of the chatroom and out of the forum. So when you see a moderator has deleted an email address from one of your posts or a telephone number or other specific personal information please understand that we are looking out for your safety and not censoring a post because we have an agenda, as I have been accused of.

I am not directing this at a single individual I am just making a public service announcement, in the hope that it might help someone understand the motivation behind the moderator practice of removing personal information from posts in a public forum.

Thanks guys,

Stay safe,

ToddS

Thank you Carla for posting this information. I agree with you that photo does look familiar but so far I have been unable to find it. I will keep looking.

• Upvote 4

I must say this. This type of incident is exactly why we try to keep people from discussing specifics when it comes to their personal information. We try to keep it out of the chatroom and out of the forum. So when you see a moderator has deleted an email address from one of your posts or a telephone number or other specific personal information please understand that we are looking out for your safety and not censoring a post because we have an agenda, as I have been accused of.

I am not directing this at a single individual I am just making a public service announcement, in the hope that it might help someone understand the motivation behind the moderator practice of removing personal information from posts in a public forum.

Thanks guys,

Stay safe,

ToddS

Thank you Carla for posting this information. I agree with you that photo does look familiar but so far I have been unable to find it. I will keep looking.

Hey ToddS

I was trying to find the thread where everyone who was a Vet or served in Iraq posted. I can't seem to find it.

Blessings

• Upvote 2

I forgot about that thread let me go look for it.

Her is the link to that thread: http://dinarvets.com...age__hl__served

Thank you ToddS,

Couldn't find anything but I bet Adam could find out if he is one of our family members here. His name was Jim Sanders, this is so sad... he served our country only to be killed by a thug. Bless his heart and his family.

God Bless,

Carla

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys,

Stay safe,

ToddS

thank you and the staff and the mods for all that you do !!

thank you and the staff and the mods for all that you do !!

Blessings

http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-042810-edgewoodshooting,0,5410798.story

Very Sad day for our DV family prayers to the family ... Maybe we could do a post RV donation to the family from DV Family just a thought He served our coutry with honor and people with no honor took his life and destroyed the ones closest to him

Thay are all in my thoughts today stay safe ev1 only deal with reputable contacs

I have had the news on all day today and they have shown his wife over and over and over again all day. Every time I see this news clip it brings tears to my eyes. His wife was tied up, his son was pistol whipped, he broke free, saved his families life and died doing so. He was a TRUE HERO!!!!

I am glad to see that they caught three of the thugs and are still searching for the fourth. The three were pulled over in California for an unrelated stop and were arrested.

I am sure all of our prayers will get to there family and friends,

Blessings

Thank you Carla for the post....the family certainly need much prayer...what a horrible thing to have to see and experience...our prayers are with them...also, thank you for the update that at least 3 have been caught....keep us informed about the fund for the family...God bless