Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NEW CRYPTO CURRENCY **DINARCOIN**

fib1618

If ANY crypto currency wallet is stored on a 3rd party server or drive, you will eventually lose it just like the Mt Gox fiasco.  The ONLY way to keep your digitial currency safe is to store it where you have total control over it.  If you don't control it, someone else does.  Stash it with someone else and it's only a matter of time before it will disappear.

Dinarcoin...?   Seriously??  Have you done some serious research and investigation into that website?  It looks very poor quality and very suspect.

Yet another way for poor schmucks to lose their hard earned money.

Buy gold.  Buy silver.  Buy tangibles.  If it is not in your possession - in your hand - you don't own it.

BTW, bitcoin is trading today at close to $700 on most respected sites.  You can watch the daily price and who is buying on fiatleak dot com.

Edited by BlueOrchid919

Storing your digital coins on someone else's site is a really bad idea....

Here's another "Mt Gox" type fiasco.  Anyone believe in coincidences???

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-04/another-bitcoin-bank-loses-its-deposits

If you don't have your digital currency on your OWN computer, you don't own it.  Goodbye money....

Ask yourself, what digital currency is... even the money you have in the bank is not really tangible until you withdraw it from the bank. Like others have stated, you don't own anything unless it is in your possession... and even then those things can be taken away or made null and void.

Your money, home, land, belongings and even your very soul can be stolen, taken away!

Unfortunately for all of us this world places a price on everything and we are subjected to revolving everything around some pieces of paper that have numbers and symbols on them to survive. I mean if you stop for a moment and think about it, it is REALLY ridiculous.

Yes, I'm here because I'd like to see a RV so that I may make a little money and not only put myself but others in a better physical situation. However, I don't ever forget what is most important and I do not do things out of greed.

I don't really keep up on digital currency but, I thought Bitcoin went bankrupt and people lost everything? I think the whole digital currency thing is just another way for people to get rich off of other people's losses so, it too is based on greed and I personally wouldn't get involved in it. It's bad enough that I have to be involved at all in main stream currency lol.

Bitcoin is alive and well.  What went bankrupt was the largest bitcoin exchange - the place where you buy a wallet (electronic account) and then transfer money from your bank account to your wallet and then buy bitcoins which are held in said wallet at said bitcoin exchange - Mt Gox.  It now looks like yet another exchange went belly up.  Two and counting.  Not counting some major bitcoin holders who had their bitcoins confiscated and/or stolen. 

Makes one wonder if the alleged hacking actually took place or if the 'owner(s)' of said exchanges absconded with the massive amounts of money the 'hacked' bitcoins represented. 

Coinky dink?  I don't think so.  There will be other exchanges to bite the dust.  And now ithe dozens and dozens of copy cat digital currencies rushing into the fray, watch for yet more people to lose their hard earned money thinking crypto currency is a safer bet or a big money maker.

Eyes open folks!

Holding your coins in an online exchange is the equivalent of putting your money in a safe with the safe door wide open. If someone were able to get into your house, you would surely know if they were looking to steal that your safe contents would be missing/stolen.

There is money to be made in cryptos. History has shown us that.... But I would recommend anyone interested to spend a lot of time learning & reading about them.

Back-up your wallet, put it on a cold storage (USB, etc) and make sure your computer is always malware/virus free.

Encrypt your wallet..... Most wallet features allow for encryption & if your super paranoid, use an encrypting program to even encrypt that file as well (double encryption).

Upon encrypting and setting a paraphrase, be sure to write that password down & do not lose it. Don't save it on a text file or on your computer. Make sure that the pass phrase is complex & difficult to decrypt.

The dinar coin doesn't look too promising for a start. It hasn't even touched the top 100 of alt-coins. (referencing coinmarketcap.com). Looking at the exchange, it appears to be going for about $0.001 per coin. There is 20million coins in existence (max supply). Reading the shout-chat, it appears someone who runs chats, videos, or calls looks to be the creator of the coin.

Other issues: It appears to be 100% pre-mined. So to acquire the coin, you have to directly look to an exchange to make a trade.

Now, I think a coin that represents a specific country or area can be a good thing, if done correctly. If the creator of dinarcoin was smart, he would go the way of Aurora Coin and look to do some sort of disbursement to those that verify that they're middle eastern or something.

I think they're only on that one exchange so far? I've only seen two sell orders actually happen - unless I read it wrong. It'll be fun to watch it, but my prediction is a flop.

Reasons:

1). 100% pre-mined

2). It appears to relate to IQD very much & I am sure Iraq doesn't give $0.02 about crypto's right now

3). Their current website seems rather shoddy.

#3 can change in time..... I think the creator of this coin may have thought that they could create a coin, hold a vast % of it, and cash out for BTC if it gains any traction.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DINARCOIN?

Smells like a Moroccan tannery.

I wouldn't touch that with YOUR pole.

Ya, doesn't seem like a promising coin by any means.

The buy/sell gap is rather entertaining graph to read on one of their exchange sites.

100% premined was likely their biggest mistake. It doesn't encourage any miners, it doesn't do well in spreading the coins around, etc.

They tried to copy previous coins with an "e-drop". What this basically is, is a large portion of coins dropped to a single or multiple entities. This has been done & has caused success (short-lived, however) for two coins, Aurora coin & Spain coin. Both of these coins were supposedly designed to give their countries people "X" amount of coins on a certain date. What made this appear successful, was that the total of those "X" amount of coins were not available prior to the drop but only what was mined beyond "X" amount. So as an example, if 55 million coins existed, and 50 million went to the country and 5 million was in circulation, the buys/sells on that 5 million would be higher. So the demand in reality is much smaller than 55 million, as in reality it would be 5 million. So a lot of pump/dumps occurred. Anyone involved in the 5million that was available may have made some nice profits, considering if they sold prior to any sell-offs. 

Digital currencies will likely grow and continue to implement themselves into online services, online stores, and beyond. However, with over 100 different coins (mostly being clones/scams/etc) not all will survive. I would imagine in due time, only 3-5 will remain. Once those 3-5 that remain are determined, their values could be on the up-rise. I would imagine from those 3-5, BTC & LTC would be of the two.

Out of those two established - if you wanted to try another alt coin, I would advise to check the following for each coin before making a dive into the digital world

1) Are there online services, online stores, etc. accepting payment of 'said coin'

2) How many exchanges offer that coin to be exchanged

3) How easy can you acquire it & sell it

4) The community, what type of community is behind it & how big is that community.