Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tribute to SgtFuryUSCZ

Nadita

Wow, this is just touching to the heart.  Lots of hearts of gold here and I surely look forward to meeting them all along with your significant other.  You all are definitely getting a hug from me.  :hug:

Rod, you hit the nail on the head.  The spouses can't quite grasp the friendship of members that has been growing for years.  I look forward to introducing Mr. Pattyangel to you all. 

So gals you can count on us to be there to give a helping hand.  Give me a project and I will give my 100%. 

Just a heads-up, I will try to be civil when I see a snake.   :o  :huh:  :unsure:  :blink:

• Upvote 3

This, IMO, says it all....  :salute: 

1948255_499681996807658_954942406_n.jpg

No problem putting a fireplace or stove in where the climate warrants it. As far as Central America goes you have to get up pretty high on a mountain or volcano to get some really cold air (Usually) And with the equator being right there close, AC sure can be important though  :)

Sorry Law... slight jestin' there about the wood heat... but I will say this... there are chimney sweeps in Hawaii... cold is a relative thing, depends on what your used to and right now I can't take much more of this winter!!!  :rolleyes:   

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 3

Nadita and Sge's Gals - I'm good for nothing, but I can serve beer and make food - so count me in when the time comes.

Sage,

Don't worry.. I can't put a nail in the wood.. so you and I will have fun in the kitchen  chopping and mixing whatever in the kitchen gigling :)  it will be fun  those guys need food and don't tell them what we whip ;)

• Upvote 5

After you take your front of the line switching   :lol:  Yeah, I'll be waiting on some building location pins and some good elevations :) 

PS. Maybe pack your iron underwear?  :lol:

I've always prided myself on accuracy.  Still........the gals our going to have to give me a little tolerance.   :eyebrows: 

Sage and Nadita,

I'm always looking for somebody to hold the rod....requires no talent at all.    :lol:   Seriously though.......it's a survey thing.   :eyebrows: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 3

I'm always looking for somebody to hold the rod....requires no talent at all.    :lol:  

Wait a second... Ummmm... are you sayin' I don't use enough deodorant or something Shab's??? :huh:   Hey, I'll have you know I take a bath every Sat. night if'n I need it or not!!!  :rolleyes:

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 3

Skeet... bring da heat buddy... there's always beer to wash it down with after dinner or at the local fishin' hole!!!  

Shab's... we always need another foreman buddy... and don't worry bout the sarcasm... this ol' boy's from the Midwest....we is weaned on that stuff!!!  :rolleyes: 

I'm sure if we get the word out much of what's needed... heck, probably all of what's needed... will fall into place gal's!!! 

I don't cook much but I have one hidden talent I ain't afraid to admit... yes folks... I'm confessin' right her and now...I ain't afraid of doing dishes... being from a family of mostly boys and startin' out as a dishwasher back in Hg. Sch. I still do my share... though these days I'm makin' my college age son earn some of his keep by having him do it as much as I can get away with!!! 

My sweetie on the other had cooks for a living... she's a gem, and I don't know how I snagged such a good gal.  She may not do Gumbo Skeet, but she does things the old fashioned way... bakes her own bread, etc..., etc...

This brings up a point I kinda wanna air out here.... I feel like so many of y'all are family... we spend so much time lobbing sarcastic loving comments along with our twisted humor and occasional serious moments back and forth it sure seems like we must all be related!!!  :lol:  Well, I know this has come up a time or two around here... but sometimes not everyone in the dinar holding family is necessarily up to speed with the kind of relationships we have been building over the years... is that true... or is it just me???  :shrug:  So when I say... "hey honey... we are going to Panama post RV and help out with some great gals down there and some first rate soldiers who really need what they have to offer".. "and"... here it comes... meet some of those folks I have been spending so much time with online.  She is skeptical, but I think once she meets some of y'all for the first time she will be fine... just gettin' her on the plane is the biggest hurdle.  I'm just thinkin' I may have a hard time explainin' Nadita and her whip???  :blink:  Whatcher thoughts???    Seriously... I think we are geared to build some life long relationship through the friendships we have fostered here... besides... we prove we have so much in common, the dinar just being a small part it turns out!  We could just blame it on the Panamanian Gal's... :rolleyes:...whatever works I say.... just so we can get over those first few moments of introducing "our better half's" as smoothly as we can... after the ice is broken, I don't see any problems IMO!!!  

Hey buddy, that was very nicely put and we all luv's ya. Here's my thoughts  :) 

Please tell your wife that even though some of us get a little wild in here from time to time (I"m sorry, I'm a work in progress)  :lol:But when it comes to pulling together for a good cause that there would be some pretty serious work going on down in Panama and I know that this great group of people together could really make a difference. As far as Nadita and the whip thing goes, that was all mainly just teasing her. As most of us know, Nadita is so sweet that she would probably never even use a verbal whip unless she had too and I would bet that her philosophy to get things done is more of the stick, string and carrot method  :) 

RidingJuju-Bugs+029.JPG

Or for those that don't like carrots, maybe a beer on the end of that string instead  ;)

Anyway, I'm giving your wife my resume right here, so that she can see that there is seriousness behind this effort.

A few of my projects of 35 years in central Florida...This is not to toot my own horn! (please mods, this is not for advertisement purposes)

Most of my work is single and multi story masonry buildings, cmu (concrete unit masonry, or concrete block) formed and poured concrete beams and cells with stucco, brick or stone veneer. Mainly commercial, but we do houses too, large and small.

The Orlando Museum of Art

Orlando-Museum-of-Art.jpg

Most of the time I'm officially my own project manager and don't have time to use tools but this job called for absolute perfection of CMU construction and brick veneer. I layed some of the brick with my guy's on this huge radius and watched everyone of them go in on every course. It was 100% level work on this side of the building.

This is a huge two story cmu house with radius glass block walls on several sides, this is a shot from the inside obviously after completion.

oh_opener.jpg

It was another job that I used my tools on with my best guy's to keep a close eye on it. With the two story radius work I had to use vertical jack lines every 16"  for perfect vertical alignment and of course once again it was all level work.

The attractions.

Universal Studios, M.I.B. (men in black)

DSCN2867.JPG

Sea world, Dine with Shamu (restaurant)

dine_with_shamu.jpg

That one was interesting because of the tank being right about on the building line and we watched the infamous Orca, Tilikum go round and round almost below us as we built the building. ***No comment on whale captivity from me***

Disney, The tree of life

btl238951LARGE.jpg

cmu and concrete fill cell base with a massive amount of rebar. The design was from a California architect and supposed to be earthquake proof and reminded of a couple county jails that we did. More importantly, so far it has proven to be hurricane proof because we don't have to many earthquakes here on the sand bar. 

Tree of life after completion

DSC05030.JPG

Well that's it Rod, if Mrs. Rod wants contact information for verification on any job shown here you've got my info and I will be happy to provide it to her.  :) 

Thanks for letting me show you some of my stuff   :tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Law...that's some impressive work there buddy....looks like Sarge's gal's are gonna get "more than they bargained for"...and you can take that..."any way you like"!!! ;o) Lol

Actually Law...it's not just folk's cred's I think she would be most likely concerned about...but more than likely just meetin' folks she hasn't spent time developing relationships with. But let's face it...many of us have had some major challenges of one sort or another come up over the years while following this crazy investment and reached out for prayers and support...and the good folks of DV have stood by them...I can honestly say from experience it was like a lifeline when I went through struggles with my son just a little over a year ago. I'm pretty sure our better half's will get on board quickly though when they see the caliber of folks we get to hang out with around here!!!

And Nadita...carrots ain't gonna work we me....but a good cold beer...where we going???? ;o)

• Upvote 1

Law...that's some impressive work there buddy....looks like Sarge's gal's are gonna get "more than they bargained for"...and you can take that..."any way you like"!!! ;o) Lol

Actually Law...it's not just folk's cred's I think she would be most likely concerned about...but more than likely just meetin' folks she hasn't spent time developing relationships with. But let's face it...many of us have had some major challenges of one sort or another come up over the years while following this crazy investment and reached out for prayers and support...and the good folks of DV have stood by them...I can honestly say from experience it was like a lifeline when I went through struggles with my son just a little over a year ago. I'm pretty sure our better half's will get on board quickly though when they see the caliber of folks we get to hang out with around here!!!

And Nadita...carrots ain't gonna work we me....but a good cold beer...where we going???? ;o)

Rod,

I agree with you on that :)  once the spouses meet us, we will be just fine and have a good time. 

Carrot..? you sure you see it right..?  what can a carrot do..? lol

Cold beer will be good with lime or orange..? lol

• Upvote 2

SgtFuryUSCZ gals

Count me in for helping, I'm also a jack of all trades. With 29+ yrs with the Air Force, from paramedic to firefighter and every thing in between. I've also built my own home and have help with severial others over the years. I don't deal well with roof anymore do to knees going bad, don't do well kneeling.

Edited by AKVET
  • Upvote 2

SgtFuryUSCZ gals

Count me in for helping, I'm also a jack of all trades. With 29+ yrs with the Air Force, from paramedic to firefighter and every thing in between. I've also built my own home and have help with severial others over the years. I don't deal well with roof anymore do to knees going bad, don't do well kneeling.

Hey AKVET.. :)

Been a while .. good to see you again..:)

• Upvote 2

LAWRANCEOFDINARIA...Ya might have just landed the lead consultant passion...of course I do know how to tell what side of a buildin' a nails suppose to go on.... :peace:

Can't wait to meet you skeetdog! We'll all have a good time working together  :twothumbs: 

I hear you buddy, it's all good. Just let her know that even though there's plenty of twisted fun here on DV, that we'll get serious and pull together when necessary   :)   Reaching out sometimes is the key right?  ;)

Rod,

I agree with you on that :)  once the spouses meet us, we will be just fine and have a good time. 

Carrot..? you sure you see it right..?  what can a carrot do..? lol

Cold beer will be good with lime or orange..? lol

Looks like I'm stuck with the carrot, everyone wants the beer  :lol:

Edited by LAWRENCEOFDINARIA
  • Upvote 1