Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament to start endorsing 2014 State Budget on next Sunday

k98nights

If this ride actually ends soon, I really don't know what I would have to look forward to each day. I went to my recliner to where I do a lot of my thinking and then it hit me.

I realized that I have been on this so called ride for about six years now. In the mean time I recently turned 60 and then it hit me as to what I could look forward next and would have to say the answer is Death and Taxes....... LOL **** Luck

Happy birthday Seabee- I hope you find lots of other things to look forward to such as:

Traveling to exotic places

Sipping an umbrella drink under a palm tree

Spending time with family and friends

Buying new furniture a redecorating

Learning new things- maybe take a course or a seminar (I do thus now)

Create art

Learn a new language

See theatre and performances

Volunteer for a cause you believe in

I'm going to have milestone bday and dont think I'll run out of things to do in the next 40 years!

Top News

Iraq parliament passes 2013 budget despite Kurdish boycott

BAGHDAD, MARCH 7 | Thu Mar 7, 2013 9:19am EST

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Email

Facebook

Twitter

BAGHDAD, March 7 (Reuters) - The Iraqi parliament passed the country's 2013 budget on Thursday despite a boycott by Kurdish members, a Kurdish MP said.

"None of our demands were included in the budget," said Kurdish MP Rawaz Khoshnaw. "We didn't attend the meeting."

I'm on my phone so getting the link is hard for me to do. But, I believe this article is saying that the 2013 Budget was passed on March 7, 2013. So here we have a round about idea of how long we could be waiting for the 2014 Budget to get passes. Just saying.

I believe this article is saying that the 2013 Budget was passed on March 7, 2013. So here we have a round about idea of how long we could be waiting for the 2014 Budget to get passes. Just saying.

Come on Man!  Pull yourself together...this is the NEW Iraq...they get things done!  They said tomorrow...HA!  Who am I trying to kid??  This is IRAQ...but I do feel like we are closer than we have ever been...to seeing if the last years of our lives have been in vain or not.  Not that worried about the budget honestly. GO RV!

• Agenda for the meeting (10) Sunday (23) in February 2014
  • February 23, 2014
  • First, read verses from the Koran.
  • Secondly, the vote on the draft law on social protection. (Committee on Labor and Social Affairs, the Committee on Women, Family and Children). (Article 35).
  • Thirdly vote on the draft labor law. ( Committee for Labor and Social Affairs , the Committee on the institutions of civil society). (Article 157). (The remaining 134 items).
  • Fourth: the first reading of the proposed law to amend the Criminal Procedure Code No. (23) for the year 1971. (Legal Committee). (3 items).
  • Fifth: the first reading of the proposed law on First Amendment law privileges judicial investigators. ( Legal Committee ). (Article 5).
  • Sixth: the second reading of a bill establishing civil federal health institutions. (Committee on Health and the Environment, Legal Committee ). (Article 19).
  • Seventh: the second reading of the bill of rights for Turkmen. (Human Rights Commission). (Article 18).
  • Eighth: the second reading of the draft law of the First Amendment to the law on compensation for those affected by the military operations and the mistakes of military and terrorist operations No. (20) of 2009. (For security and defense committee, the Finance Committee , the Committee of Martyrs and victims and political prisoners , the Legal Committee ). (Article 18).
  • IX: the second reading of the proposed law to honor scientists, writers, artists and scholars State Prize). (Committee on Culture and Information, Commission of Higher Education and Scientific Research , Commission of Awqaf and Religious Affairs). (Article 14).
  • Begins the session time: eleven in the morning.

http://www.parliament.iq/details.aspx?EvID=202

• Upvote 1

Exclude the inclusion of the budget law in the parliament session today

2/23/2014 0:00

Baghdad Shaima Rashid Omar Abdel Latif acknowledged that the coalition of Kurdish blocs that negotiations are still ongoing between the governments in Baghdad and Erbil, Kurdistan on the export of oil to prevent the inclusion of the budget in 2014 on the agenda of the parliament session on Sunday. member of the Finance Committee Najeebeh Najib said in a statement singled out the "morning ": that recent sessions of the parliament has not been achieved by a quorum due to the boycott block" united "to those meetings, although there are a lot of laws that must be completed during the final weeks of the age of the House of Representatives, in addition to that the negotiations are still ongoing between the Governments of the center and the province on sale 400 000 barrels of oil a valley to the non-inclusion of Budget Law 2014 on the agenda at today's meeting Sunday. added Najib that "it is unacceptable that is linked to cutting the region's share of the budget amounting to 17 percent in the sale of 400 000 barrels," arguing such a thing wrong Red. showed it no one can deny that caused only this is not the enactment of the oil and gas, which has become a complex issue and increase year after year. fought representatives of the center and the region last week, talks about some of the budget items that are related to the oil produced in the province and the dues of companies global and the salaries of the Peshmerga. According to sources familiar with the "morning", the My corporate and payroll deduction, and remain with regard to deliver oil region, as insisted center on the need to deliver the region 400 000 barrels of oil per day, while the rejection of the province that this figure is stable during the whole year ., in turn, said a member of a coalition of state law, Abbas al-Bayati said the budget will not be reading this today not because of the lack of inclusion on the agenda, but because of the county most of the political blocs, which leads to the result to a lack of quorum. Bayati said in a statement the "morning": that the budget is subject to the final agreement between Baghdad and Erbil, although the last meeting which raised many options, but did not reach a final agreement between the parties, indicating that the failure to reach agreement means the survival of the budget, "ranged in the Finance Committee." He continued: "We do not have much time, and time is running out, and if they do not read the budget during this week, we certainly could not do to pass the remainder of the time, and if we fail to read the first reading, we can not pass the remainder of the life of the Council, which is four weeks.

http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=65107

Fears of economic collapse in the event of failure to pass the budget

22/2/2014 12: 25 am

Debate continues on the dispute between Baghdad and Erbil
Baghdad – Erbil – morning-El Rasheed

The differences between Baghdad and Erbil on the question of oil region Centre of controversy in the political arena, especially with this thread in the general budget of the country, which awaits approval by the House of representatives.
And conflicting news on the arrival of the two Governments to finalize about the issue, while counting the legislative part of the Kurds (Kurdish deputies) remarks by Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussein Al-Shahristani on regional oil company SOMO "positive", the Executive part of them (KRG) reaching a definitive agreement with the Federal Government in Baghdad, Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussein Al-Shahristani said Wednesday the approval of Kurdistan to export crude oil from the region through the State Oil Marketing Organization "Sumo, which was denied by the Government.

The Kurdistan Alliance leader Muhsin sadoun said in an interview: "the Kurds following the steps announced by Deputy Prime Minister for energy, and with that he was positive and will benefit everyone, but we are waiting for the final". "export company Sumo does not need legislation to a competent company to export oil", noting that "there will be the Committee overseeing the process." he "--the date and time of export oil company is now linked to technical issues, On the specify the quantities exported, and similar issues. "the agreement to solve the problem of oil between the Centre and the region is the first beneficiary is the people of Iraq by adding a new number to the general budget." overseas territory of Kurdistan Government was taking the opposite view yesterday denied reaching a final agreement with the Federal Government in Baghdad on oil territory by Sumo, Indicating that it is waiting for an answer on this issue., said Kurdish government spokesman Sven dizeiy in a statement posted on the official website of the Government of the territory and "morning" to "the recent talks between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the Federal Government in Baghdad took place in a positive atmosphere", pointing out that "the two sides discussed at length the views and proposals." he explained that "the Federal Government decided to respond to proposals of the Kurdistan Regional Government in the coming days on this issue, and the oil region""We do not reach any agreement regarding the Kurdish oil exports abroad through Sumo."

And the KRG Presidency described the meeting of the President of the regional government nechirvan Barzani with the Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussein Al-Shahristani in Baghdad Tuesday as "positive."

The oil marketing company's mo is one of the most important oil sector companies and is the only official authorized under existing Iraqi law by concluding with fuel crude oil export contracts for the export and import of petroleum products and the context of the internationally known. for its part, the Parliamentary Committee on oil and energy need quick and practical solution to the oil dispute between the Centre and the region because of its direct impact on the Adoption of the budget, which was disrupted by the differences that the Kurdish lawmakers walked out of Parliament and meetings of Committee member ULI said in a statement to "morning", it is possible to bypass the technical notes and legal and administrative budget law through audit, adding that the disagreement between the Government and the territory following the issue of passing the budget law attorney expressed optimism the visitsExchanged between the two parties, hoping to reach a satisfactory solution, especially with the points of convergence between the two sides, according to remarks by Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussein Al-Shahristani. Shara did not rule out the positive atmosphere between the two sides to bring Kurds into the next Parliament session on Sunday to play the budget on first reading, although not included on the agenda of the Council, expressing the hope that the budget passed by the Kurds without having the option of approval away. the developments in the oil Caught between the Centre and the region following a Kurdish delegation visited Baghdad last Wednesday for understanding on problems that prevent the adoption of the federal budget for the current year and passed, as well as file export of oil from the region via the new pipeline to Turkey.

The National Alliance MP cream Silverline Federal Kurdistan Cabinet responsible for delaying the budget legislation.
Silverline said in a press statement: "the Kurdistan Alliance put conditions for the vote on the budget, as «illegal».
He said that "the quirks on the incorrect budget».

The Silverline to the refusal of the territory to vote on the budget because of the actions of Baghdad came to prevent Kurdistan oil exports and the non-implementation of its demand by 17 percent of the budget for 2014 and pay the peshmerga and the foreign oil companies benefits. He expressed the hope that '' ending differences between the territory and the Central Government these days in order to approve the budget.

Amid this picture floating to the surface with expectations that the country's financial crisis and the economic collapse of Mali if ratification of the general budget, with weights that the budget deficit of more than $ 35 billion, according to the published location of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, "Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki discussed with leaders of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan official organizations Baghdad fryad raondozi a number of important issues, which dealt with the relations between Kurdistan and Baghdad, especially the financial crisis and liquidity crisis in the region.

With student raondozi the Prime Minister "to resolve the crisis as quickly as possible, particularly as regards salaries employee», linking Al-Maliki to resolve this crisis by holding oil between Baghdad and Erbil. and for Al-Maliki as saying that" Iraq as a whole is going through a financial crisis», «a breakdown of the Iraqi economy and financial system if the budget has not been authenticated at the earliest and radical solutions to the problem of increasing public expenditures that are more than imports.
Al-Maliki was likely to '' have a budget deficit of more than 35 billion dollars.

And it seems the crisis Baghdad, Erbil oil take over internationally in addition to the range at the local level, said US President Barack Obama and Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's support for a possible agreement between Baghdad and Erbil, the White House said in a statement that Obama telephoned Erdogan, discuss the difference between Arbil and Baghdad on oil export, and confirmed the support of potential agreement between the two sides. "according to the statement, both sides stressed the importance of the" support agreement to be reached between Baghdad and Erbil, and encouragement, To find common ground on energy topics.

http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx?ID=65000

• Upvote 1