Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Theocracy alert: Christian conservatives plot to rewrite U.S. Constitution

dinar_stud

@ Nelg - Norm Geisler holds a similar view but takes it to the level that the oppressed Christians under the Church of England should not have abandoned their church to immigrate to America and instead pray for change instead of initiating change. 

Are you saying that our founding fathers were in error by referencing Gods influence in the making of our nation?

Should then our 'unalienable rights' be stricken from the laws of our land?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, why can't a people who have a heart for Christ desire civil governance to reflect Christ's values and, in so doing reference the Biblical edict or wisdom underlying that value?

GH 

• Upvote 1

Leaving a country or denominational group for the sake of freedom is certainly not wrong.  Most of the advancement of civilization would have been curtailed if that were the case. 

Nor did I even intimate that our founding fathers were in error by referencing God to influence the nation.  Christians are in the world to influence the world, nation, families, and individuals.  But it is a far cry between influencing the direction of laws and the demanding that laws MUST be according to the rule of a particular religious group.  The Church of England had its problem and made a break from the Roman Catholic Church and their lethal demands for total compliance to their traditions and rules.  

Our  “rights” need to be respected and the “laws of the land” should make sure that those rights are preserved.  And the removable of those “rights” under the guise of “religious persuasion” by a “theocratic rule” of any one religion is contrary to basic Christian teaching. 

Certainly I would want civil governments to reflect the teaching of God and we should work to encourage basic Christian teaching of grace, moral responsibility, kindness, tolerance, and patience; along with the other virtues of God.  However, if that is not the case, I will still live my life in compliance with those laws . . . without forcing them on others. 

As a believer in Christ and His teaching, I have no need of legislated moral ethics from civil authorities.  If I lived in Iraq or Iran I would feel the same way, only a bit stronger.  Would I work to change some of the civil laws in those countries?  Certainly!  Would I want the government to change and become Christian?  No.  There would be no need for that. I would still promote, live, and if need be, die for my faith in Christ.  Which means I would give my life to share the gospel of Christ with the people!  That is the basis of life as a Christian!  But would I die to bring democracy or a western constitutional government to Iran or Iraq?  No.  At the same time I would die to establish freedom for their people. 

Civil governments do not need to be Christian, Muslim, Jewish or any other religion.  I would oppose the establishment of any religiously controlled and dominated government.  I already have that with the King, Jesus Christ.  No government will ever replace that authority.  

• Upvote 4

the only religion that has expressed a vision to create a theocracy in the United States is Mormonism... not offense to Mormons.. but look it up.. yes there are some crazy people in all religions, but they take the cake when it comes to creating a theocracy. no theocracy is possible when following the constitution, and most Christians choose to follow the constitution and not eradicate it. sorry stud,, u crazyyy.

• Upvote 1

the only religion that has expressed a vision to create a theocracy in the United States is Mormonism... not offense to Mormons.. but look it up.. yes there are some crazy people in all religions, but they take the cake when it comes to creating a theocracy. no theocracy is possible when following the constitution, and most Christians choose to follow the constitution and not eradicate it. sorry stud,, u crazyyy.

You bring up a good point Belecosity... no offense to Mormons... I know their history... they haven't departed far from it either.

So you would not say Dinar_Stud was so crazy if you were a Non-Mormon living in Utah! :D

The evening news out of Salt Lake constantly has a way of saying "The Church approved of this law" or "The Church gave no comment"...

Yeah... if you are not a Mormon here in small town Utah... you are a minority... jobs, schools, community guberment... you name it.

• Upvote 2

You bring up a good point Belecosity... no offense to Mormons... I know their history... they haven't departed far from it either.

So you would not say Dinar_Stud was so crazy if you were a Non-Mormon living in Utah! :D

The evening news out of Salt Lake constantly has a way of saying "The Church approved of this law" or "The Church gave no comment"...

Yeah... if you are not a Mormon here in small town Utah... you are a minority... jobs, schools, community guberment... you name it.

Lol good point he might be barraged with that daily!

• Upvote 1

Lol good point he might be barraged with that daily!

Like he isn't here? OH VAY!!!

I appreciate everyone who contributes here... even when I don't agree with all they have to say or what they bring in.

It's a given that this would be a pretty boring world (let alone DV) if we all thought alike. :)

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2