Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

USA delivers Iraq 1st batch of F16 warplanes

k98nights

Thursday, 13 February 2014 18:17 | pdf_button.png | printButton.png | emailButton.png

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_up

Baghdad (AIN) –The US Embassy declared delivering Iraq and the first batch of the (F16) warplanes.

The Assistant Directorate of the Joint Security Cooperation of the US Embassy, William Bell Binder, stated in a statement received by AIN ''The first batch, which includes two warplanes, was delivered to Iraq while seven pilots were graduated after being trained on the warplanes.''

''During the past two weeks Iraq was delivered large amount of weapons and ammunitions,'' the statement concluded. \END\

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48990:breaking-news-usa-delivers-iraq-1st-batch-of-f16-warplanes&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

• Upvote 1

Wait a minute, has anyone thought about who's going to train these Arab's how to fly a F-16 war plane?Do they even know how fly a Kite????...LOL

I believe we ordered several copies of "Warplanes for Dummies" for them...don't quote me on it....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thursday, 13 February 2014 18:17 | pdf_button.png | printButton.png | emailButton.png

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_up

Baghdad (AIN) –The US Embassy declared delivering Iraq and the first batch of the (F16) warplanes.

The Assistant Directorate of the Joint Security Cooperation of the US Embassy, William Bell Binder, stated in a statement received by AIN ''The first batch, which includes two warplanes, was delivered to Iraq while seven pilots were graduated after being trained on the warplanes.''

''During the past two weeks Iraq was delivered large amount of weapons and ammunitions,'' the statement concluded. \END\

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48990:breaking-news-usa-delivers-iraq-1st-batch-of-f16-warplanes&catid=35:political&Itemi

As far as training is concerned the article does say after seven pilots were trained on them. So I guess we will be training them or the manufacturer will. 

But did they get the engines???????? :eyebrows:  :eyebrows:

That would make one expensive souvenir captl1!!:rolleyes:

Seriously though... being cynical aside... this is one very big hurdle we knew they had to cross sooner or later to pull off an RV... they have to be able to protect themselves... so this, IMO... is great news!!!  ;) 

Thanks for the post Woody!!!  ;) 

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 2

I realize that they need to protect themselves but if something happens like the Taliban or Al Qaeda. That's all Israel and the region needs; some knuckleheads with new planes. I suppose it's better we give them the planes as opposed to China or Russia.

Let's just RV and get outta Dodge.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone thought about the fact that since Maliki is obviously attacking his own people with the weaponry he has, this might very well turn out to be used on the Sunni's?  Barzani has said as much, that Maliki, if given weapons, would be using them on his own people. That's what we need to be thinking about.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone thought about the fact that since Maliki is obviously attacking his own people with the weaponry he has, this might very well turn out to be used on the Sunni's?  Barzani has said as much, that Maliki, if given weapons, would be using them on his own people. That's what we need to be thinking about.

The timing is interesting on a few levels.  Imo, the most important part would be that I don't we (USA) would deliver these and other weapons unless we knew Maliki was on his way out.  There is too much invested to let them go into a civil war.  

All in all, a good sign for Iraq and us I think.  

• Upvote 1

Well, I guess this is where those "Joint Military Training Exercises" are for. We trained them to fly them.

Problem is - we want them used to defend their country against terrorist.

Shiite's are in control of the government now.

Sunni's are demonstrating against the government. The shiite government will call the sunni's terrorist and use them against their own people!

At least the Kurds are smart enough to stay out of it for the most part.

Well, lets settle back and watch which way the sand flies now! :(