Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

feb. update

sandstorm

In another thread..Dinarbeliever said...

"They will do the RV soon it's coming- April

After the elections looks promising however they won't tell us it will just happen without warning"

I will add another million dinar to my bet with you through April.... The current bet will continue past April till the end of the year. Just as I set it up.

I tried to set a bet up with dontlop but he's afraid.

• Upvote 1

In another thread..Dinarbeliever said...

"They will do the RV soon it's coming- April

After the elections looks promising however they won't tell us it will just happen without warning"

I will add another million dinar to my bet with you through April.... The current bet will continue past April till the end of the year. Just as I set it up.

I tried to set a bet up with dontlop but he's afraid.

thanks fib 2,000,000 dinars wow go RV !!!!

I defo take you for a fish supper if I win

thanks fib 2,000,000 dinars wow go RV !!!!

I defo take you for a fish supper if I win

Thanks for the entertainment.

Lol

Someone in another thread wants to know if there is any correlation between the Congress & House passing the finance extension and the rv.

• Upvote 1

Thanks smokey blizzard

That definatly shows there was no official

Exchange rate for the Swiss dinar till bremmer gave it one in 2003

Your article shows the official exchange rate went from zero to 150 times the saddam notes that did have an official exchange rate and as fib says

It's all about the official rate

Your right fib

It's not about the Kurds market rate

Odd that it discusses the Swiss dinar in such detail but doesn't mention that it RVd an infinite percent.

Maybe because that notion is immensely idiotic.

Edited by FS4Enthusiast

You continue to pretend the official exchanges rate of the Swiss dinar never changed all you want fs4 enthusiasts

But the official exchange rate is listed in only one place on this link established October 15th 2003

http://www.casi.org.uk/info/cpa/20031015_CPAORD43.pdf

You pretending doesn't educate anyone

For ten years, therefore, Iraq had two currencies: one issued by the official

government and the other backed by no government at all. The Swiss dinar continued

to circulate in the North, even though backed by no formal government, central bank,

nor any law of legal tender. For a fiat currency this was an unusual situation.

Whatever gave the Swiss dinar its value was not the promise of the official Iraqi

government, or indeed any other government.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/172155-feb-update/page-9#ixzz2t785UI00

The official exchange rate for the Swiss dinar before it was revalued was zero

It had no official exchange rate

It was backed by nothing at all any where

Then it was backed 150 times stronger than the Iraqi dinar

Ok fs4enthisusts

At no time did Bremer GIVE or CHANGE the official exchange rate of the Swiss dinar OR the Saddam dinar with respect to the USD. He ONLY specified a CONVERSION between the Swiss dinar, the Saddam dinar, and the new IQD, as part of the REDENOMINATION

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/172155-feb-update/page-7#ixzz2t7G2quXf

You pretending doesn't educate anyone

But you babbling endlessly about something that's completely irrelevent does? LOL!  Get real.

Your own quotes prove yourself wrong.  Replacing a fiat currency with a pegged currency isn't an RV, it's an RD.  You just either don't understand it or can't admit it.

Edited by FS4Enthusiast
  • Upvote 1

Why do you think that the dinars are pegged to the dollar

Except the Swiss dinar it was pegged to nothing

You think that if something is pegged to the dollar and you exchange it for something else other than a dollar than it's not pegged to the dollar any more

That's funny stuff

Ask fib to expliain it to ya

fib1618, on 11 Feb 2014 - 9:01 PM, said:

U need to do a little homework my friend...An rv is a calculated adjustment to a COUNTRY'S official exchange rate relative to a chosen baseline.

The Swiss dinar official rate at the cbi was adjusted from zero to around 6 cents or 150 times the Iraqi dinar

The chosen baseline is the dollar

The Swiss was converted over to the new Iraqi dinar and given a new official exchange rate

So don't be crying about the Iraq dinar not having

Enough reserves to back it

It's proven by the Swiss dinar

That no reserves gave the Swiss dinar 150 times the official exchange rate that the saddam notes did that were backed by the cbi by reserves

Nothing absolutely. Nothing was backing the Swiss dinar

Yet the IMF the world bank. Bis

You name it were ok revaluing its official pegged exchange rate at 150 times the Iraqi dinar that is now

backed by reserves at the cbi

How come

Oh ya because they backed it up at the cbi

Now they got a guarenteed dinar backed by a government with reserves that back it

So go ahead and rv the dinar they don't need any reserves

The Kurds had a pipe dream of revaluing the dinar if they could get rid of saddam

Ok

Edited by dontlop

Why do you think that the dinars are pegged to the dollar

Except the Swiss dinar it was pegged to nothing

You think that if something is pegged to the dollar and you exchange it for something else other than a dollar than it's not pegged to the dollar any more

That's funny stuff

Ask fib to expliain it to ya

fib1618, on 11 Feb 2014 - 9:01 PM, said:

U need to do a little homework my friend...An rv is a calculated adjustment to a COUNTRY'S official exchange rate relative to a chosen baseline.

The Swiss dinar official rate at the cbi was adjusted from zero to around 6 cents or 150 times the Iraqi dinar

The chosen baseline is the dollar

The Swiss was converted over to the new Iraqi dinar and given a new official exchange rate

So don't be crying about the Iraq dinar not having

Enough reserves to back it

It's proven by the Swiss dinar

That no reserves gave the Swiss dinar 150 times the official exchange rate that the saddam notes did that were backed by the cbi by reserves

Nothing absolutely. Nothing was backing the Swiss dinar

Yet the IMF the world bank. Bis

You name it were ok revaluing its official pegged exchange rate at 150 times the Iraqi dinar that is now

backed by reserves at the cbi

How come

Oh ya because they backed it up at the cbi

Now they got a guarenteed dinar backed by a government with reserves that back it

So go ahead and rv the dinar they don't need any reserves

The Kurds had a pipe dream of revaluing the dinar if they could get rid of saddam

Ok

Tell us how monetizing the oil will help the dinar and its value. .....the nonexistent swiss rv is boring now....

• Downvote 2

Nothing was backing the Swiss dinar

So it went from a fiat currency, to a pegged currency, with zero change in purchasing power, and that fits your definition of an RV.  Whatever dude, continue living in your fantasy world where that makes any sense at all.

Like Keep said, switch subjects.  Find something else to harp on.  Your Swiss dinar related nonsense is tiresome and pointless.

Edited by FS4Enthusiast

read it weep keepem it's a Harvard paper and has more credibility then you will ever have!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/jfrankel/What_to_do_with_Iraqs_Currency.pdf

Read that article a little more closely Einstein. Lol

He proposed pegging the dinar to a basket of currency's with oil as a part of that basket.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So it went from a fiat currency, to a pegged currency, with zero change in purchasing power, and that fits your definition of an RV.  Whatever dude, continue living in your fantasy world where that makes any sense at all. Like Keep said, switch subjects.  Find something else to harp on.  Your Swiss dinar related nonsense is tiresome and pointless.

That's right it was converted to the new dinar at its new official exchange rate and it now has purchasing power that it never had before

Since the exchange what the Swiss was replaced with can be used anywhere in Iraq since it's now backed by the cbi reserves and the govt of Iraq recognizes the new dinar

The Swiss wasn't recognized as anything except to the Kurds

Now it has purchasing power in bagdad

Thanks to its official exchange rate going from zero to 150 times the Iraq dinar or Round 6 cents per Swiss dinar

You know if the cbi deletes zeros for instance the Swiss dinars value brings 150,000 per million while the saddam notes bring only 1000 per million

read it weep keepem it's a Harvard paper and has more credibility then you will ever have!!!!!!!!!

http://www.hks.harvard.edu/fs/jfrankel/What_to_do_with_Iraqs_Currency.pdf

Pegging a currency to the price of oil has absolutely nothing to do with monetizing their oil.

They could peg their currency right now to the price of oil with 1 barrel of oil equal to 116,000 or so dinar and it wouldn't increase the value of their currency one iota nor monetize a single drop of their oil.