Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

feb. update

sandstorm

Dude you proved it to me that the market rates don't count when the market rate was revalued with the Kuwait dinarIt revalued by 70 times the market rate over nightFrom 5 cents to $3.45But you insisted the market rate doesn't matterYou said the official rate is all that countsRemember you said you had a chart that showed the official rate never changed so the Kuwait dinar did not rvRemember market rates don't count fibYou said itSo what was the official exchange rate for the Swiss Iraqi dinar before the CPA gave it a 150 times greater exchange rate than the saddam notes ??Huh fibWhat was the official exchange rate ?Your calling me a what ?PromulgateMeans by decreeThat's what bremmer said at the beginning of that linkHe saidI promulgate the followingAnd it says the Swiss dinar will be exchanged at 150 times the rest of the Iraqi dinarAnd you say I'm lyingHmmIt's right there in printSigned by Paul bremmer on October 14th 2003Section 4 part 2 says the 25 Swiss note will not be exchangedThe reason why is the 25 Swiss dinar note was demonetized in 1993 because of counterfitting by the USA trying to destroy the dinar valueThey had a closed border exchange for 6 days then the 25 Swiss dinar note was demonetized

It's you that will not give a straight answer fib till I leave then you post all your crap about me when I'm not here

Now you won't talk about official exchange rates with the Swiss dinar you only refer to the buying power

When you talk about the Kuwait dinar you won't talk about the buying power you insist the official exchange rates is all that counts

Edited by dontlop

Here fib for the ten thousandth time

The link I have given you that you say is made up conspiracy crap

http://www.casi.org.uk/info/cpa/20031015_CPAORD43.pdf

Signed by Paul bremmer

All you got is made up conspiracy crap fib

If. Not provide your links that show the Swiss dinar official exchange rate always was 150 times the rest of the IQD in Iraq

I've been asking you for anything that shows that

But you have failed to produce it

Months have gone by yet fib has nothing but childish remarks for his source

Yes fib the dollars that were given to Iraq to back the new dinar came from frozen funds to the cbi

And they gave the Kurds a 150 to one exchange rate on the Swiss dinar and all the rest of the dinars they gave a one to one exchange rate

Fib "big rv's don't happen". Bit coin. U missed that one huh?

When the dinar rv's and you blow the money you make you'll be back here in 6 months complaining about something else when we'll all be talking about the next way to make money.

There's no way arguing all the time bringing up past events as much as you do has brought good in your life.

The cycle goes up and goes down, so either way your right.. Surely positivity brings more opportunity? Or would you like to argue that too?

I apologize for my abruptness, however successful people are time misers. I keep looking in here to see if these lopsters have a valid way to make money, or another strategy to collect some, from all that which is being tossed about in iraq. I don't think they do.

Another 3% gain in bkui. I guess all these market gains will never effect the value of the currency huh?

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Fib "big rv's don't happen". Bit coin. U missed that one huh?

When the dinar rv's and you blow the money you make you'll be back here in 6 months complaining about something else when we'll all be talking about the next way to make money.

There's no way arguing all the time bringing up past events as much as you do has brought good in your life.

The cycle goes up and goes down, so either way your right.. Surely positivity brings more opportunity? Or would you like to argue that too?

You think bitcoin rv'd that should tell u all you need to know about this character.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

That damn thing trades like a friggin stock 700 one day 500 the next.

Go rv!!!!!!!

Anyone that thinks bitcoin rv'd better go take a hard look at the definition on an rv.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 1

That's an rv, up or down is an rv. It's a crypto currency.

With all that pessimism you must be a real joy to work with fib, good luck it that. It's sad that you probably have dinar and don't need to even have the proper mentality to earn your money.

Thus I don't think you would keep it for long. I'll stop back in a couple days too see if your coming up with anything more constructive or useful.

I know why your locked in here now and will be spending my time in the useful, current information forum sections above.

And still making over 100 bucks a day on the isx. Rv of the currency or not.

............Dontlop is the only person in the world that knows that the Swiss dinar was rv'd a trillion percent.Why is that?Maybe he's just making this stuff up? Maybe that's it. Lol

You also know for a fact that I said that with a follow up question because everyone as saying the Swiss dinar was demonetized

And from zero to 6 cents would of bed way more than rving from a number higher than zero

I also said the number would be infinate

I wasn't telling people the Swiss dinar rvd a trillion percent

You say that but you know it's not true

I even asked you what would the percent be if it rvd from zero

And gave you an example

Of a number higher than zero

And asked you what percent it would be

I'll ask you again

If the rate was .0000000000000000000000000000000000000001 Dollar per Swiss dinar what percent would it be if it rvd to 6 cents

And that number is higher than zero

So what percent is it

But you tell everyone i said it rvd a trillion percent

The reason you say that is because you cannot continue the debate without answering the question I asked you

What was the official exchange rate for the Swiss dinar compared to the Iraqi dinar before October 15th 2003

And what was it after October 15th 2003 ??

You tell everyone it was always 150 times higher than the rest of the Iraqi dinar and nothing changed

When the truth is it was the same as all the rest of the dinar

The Swiss dinar was IQD just like the rest of the dinar

One exchange rate

But you fib make up story's that you can't back up

If you could you would show us the two seperate official exchange rate for the IQD before the exchange

You can't post a link because what you say isn't true

• Upvote 1

U need to do a little homework my friend...

An rv is a calculated adjustment to a COUNTRY'S official exchange rate relative to a chosen baseline. If u think that's what's going on with bitcoin you're just plain ignorant. Bitcoin trades like a stock... Absolutely no STABILITY. . No comparison.

That's just silly.

With all that pessimism you must be a real joy to work with fib, good luck it that. It's sad that you probably have dinar and don't need to even have the proper mentality to earn your money.

Thus I don't think you would keep it for long. I'll stop back in a couple days too see if your coming up with anything more constructive or useful.

I know why your locked in here now and will be spending my time in the useful, current information forum sections above.

And still making over 100 bucks a day on the isx. Rv of the currency or not.

I earn money every day in the united states futures markets trading the S&P mini futures. I'm doing just fine.

I highly doubt your making 100 dollars a day. It's not like your sitting behind some trading platform actively trading that stuff. Don't you have to email your orders? Lol

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fib this all ends when you post a link showing the Swiss dinar official exchange rate was always 150 times higher than saddams dinar while saddam was running the central bank

This all ends when you give me the link to the cbi payoff so they would rv. Lmao

This all ends when you can tell me how in the hell a currency can be rv'd a trillion percent and it not increase the buying power.

This all ends when you crawl away from that bottle of whiskey and admit yourself into a alcohol rehab center.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Upvote 1

This all ends when you give me the link to the cbi payoff so they would rv. LmaoThis all ends when you can tell me how in the hell a currency can be rv'd a trillion percent and it not increase the buying power.This all ends when you crawl away from that bottle of whiskey and admit yourself into a alcohol rehab center.Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I never said that fib why would I need a link

You said nothing changed with the Swiss dinar exchange rate

So I say prove it

Show us a link that shows the Swiss dinar official exchange rate was always 150 times higher than the Iraqi dinar

You think bitcoin rv'd that should tell u all you need to know about this character.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Unbelievable!!!

That damn thing trades like a friggin stock 700 one day 500 the next.

Go rv!!!!!!!

Anyone that thinks bitcoin rv'd better go take a hard look at the definition on an rv.

I thought I was responding to dontlop here. That's why I responded this way. I was in such a hurry I didn't notice it was someone else. My bad.

• Upvote 1

Swiss dinar - http://www.personal.kent.edu/~cupton/Senior%20Seminar/Papers/ElyLecture.pdf

For ten years, therefore, Iraq had two currencies: one issued by the official
government and the other backed by no government at all. The Swiss dinar continued

to circulate in the North, even though backed by no formal government, central bank,
nor any law of legal tender. For a fiat currency this was an unusual situation.
Whatever gave the Swiss dinar its value was not the promise of the official Iraqi
government, or indeed any other government.

Although there was little or no trade between North and South Iraq, both the Swiss
and Saddam dinars were traded against the dollar. The implied Swiss to Saddam
dinar cross-exchange rate from 1997 onwards is shown in Chart 3

After 1993 the Swiss dinar deviated from parity and rose to around 300 Saddam
dinars to the Swiss dinar by the time Saddam’s regime was deposed in 2003. The
appreciation of the Swiss dinar is clearly a consequence of the evolution of the actual
and expected money supplies in the two territories.
Given the monetary and fiscal policies pursued by the Saddam regime, the rise of the
Swiss dinar against the Saddam dinar is, perhaps, understandable. But what is less
obvious is the path of the Swiss dinar against the US dollar. Chart 4 shows the Swiss
dinar-dollar exchange rate from 1997 onwards.

After fluctuating in the early 1990s, the Swiss dinar rose sharply against the US dollar
from the middle of 2002 as the prospect of an end to the Saddam regime increased. It
rose from around 18 to the dollar in May 2002 to about 6 to the dollar by the
beginning of May 2003 when the war ended. That appreciation reflected expectations
about (i) the durability of the political and military separation of Kurdish from
Saddam-controlled Iraq and (ii) the likelihood that a new institution would be
established governing monetary policy in Iraq as a whole that would retrospectively
back the value of the Swiss dinar. The political complexion of Northern Iraq led to
the assumption that the currency used there would have value once regime change had
occurred.

In other words, the value of the Swiss dinar had everything to do with politics and
nothing to do with the economic policies of the government issuing the Swiss dinar
because no such government existed. As someone might have said, “it’s the political
economy, stupid!”
Another illustration of this is shown in Chart 5 which plots the Swiss dinar/dollar
exchange rate against the values of futures contracts showing how expectations about
the political order in Iraq were evolving.

One futures contract paid out 100 cents if Saddam was deposed by the end of June
2003 and nothing otherwise. As the chance of Saddam's regime being deposed (and
the price of the future) rose, the Swiss dinar appreciated against the dollar. Later there
was also a future that paid 100 cents if Saddam was captured by the end of December
2003, and nothing otherwise. As the chance of this happening (and the price of the
future) fell last autumn, the Swiss dinar fell against the dollar. It has just risen again.
Again, expectations about the future political order in Iraq, which have repercussions
for the likely monetary regime in northern Iraq, influence the value of the Swiss dinar
today.
Much of this was understood by Kurds in the North where the exchange rate of the
Swiss dinar to the dollar was a matter of both concern and interest. The minutes of a
meeting of the Kurdish Regional Government on 14 October 2002 state: “KRG Prime
Minister Nechirvan Barzani chaired a meeting to discuss the ongoing problem of the
weak US dollar in the local currency markets. Discussion focussed on the …
unprecedented 45% decrease in the value of the US dollar against the Iraqi Swiss
dinar, possible causes of the problem, and effects on the market”. Realising that the
effect of a change in the exchange rate cannot be understood without an analysis of
the causes of the change, the minutes continue, in a manner that would do justice to
the minutes of any G7 central bank, “It was pointed out that the US dollar is currently
stable in foreign markets so there must be other explanations for the sharp slide in
value in Iraqi Kurdistan”.14 In other words, an explanation was needed for a rise in
the real value of the Swiss dinar.

Of course, as we now know, the expectation that a future institution guaranteeing the
integrity of the Kurdish area, and of the value of their currency, turned out to be
correct. Coalition forces assumed control of the whole territory, and on 7 July 2003
the head of the Coalition Provisional Authority, Paul Bremer, announced that a new
Iraqi dinar would be printed and exchanged for the two existing currencies at a rate
that implied that one Swiss dinar was worth 150 Saddam dinars. The exchange was to
take place over the period 15 October to 15 January. It is now virtually complete.
The new dinars, like the Swiss, were printed by De la Rue in a very short space of
time using plants in Britain and several other countries, and were flown into Iraq on
22 flights using Boeing 747 and other aeroplanes. The fact that the populations of
both North and South Iraq have been prepared to exchange their old notes for new
dinars reflects the confidence which they have in the future of the institutions backing
the new Iraqi dinar.
The 150 parity is barely half the rate the Swiss dinar reached at its peak

But it is above the average rate that prevailed over the past six years, and above the
rate that would equalise the purchasing power of the two currencies. For example,
around the time when the new conversion rate was being determined, it was estimated
that 128 Saddam dinars to the Swiss would equalise the wages of an engineer in the
two parts of Iraq, 100 would equate the price of the shoes he wore to work, and 133
the price of his suit.15
From Chart 6, it is clear that the exchange rate hovered above 150 after the parity was
announced on 7 July. There are two reasons for this. First, the 10,000 Saddam dinar
note was heavily counterfeited, easy to do given the primitive local technology used
to print them. The exchange rate of this note against the dollar is consistently less
than the 250 dinar note which, as a smaller denomination note, was less heavily
counterfeited. The Swiss notes, printed using more sophisticated technology, are
virtually free of counterfeits. The Swiss notes traded at above the parity because of
the risk that holders of the 10,000 note would find that they had a forgery and could
not exchange it at the central bank. Second, before the capture of Saddam Hussein
there was inevitably some uncertainty about the prospects of the new regime and the
new currency that it issued.
The circulation of Swiss dinars in Kurdish controlled Iraq during the 1990s was a
market solution to the problem of devising a medium of exchange in the absence of a
government with the power to issue currency. Changes in the relative price of Swiss
and Saddam dinars show that the value of money depends on beliefs about the
probability of survival of the institutions that define the state itself.
Edited by Smokeyblizzard

Mini futures in the s&p 500, you find high frequency traders and flash crashes more predictable then the isx. For now I'll send my email purchase orders and be darned happy I don't have your markets problems fib

Have they dealt with the high frequency traders yet?

And you think iraq is a risky bet. Lol

Thanks smokey blizzard

That definatly shows there was no official

Exchange rate for the Swiss dinar till bremmer gave it one in 2003

Your article shows the official exchange rate went from zero to 150 times the saddam notes that did have an official exchange rate and as fib says

It's all about the official rate

U need to do a little homework my friend...An rv is a calculated adjustment to a COUNTRY'S official exchange rate relative to a chosen baseline.

Your right fib

It's not about the Kurds market rate

Edited by dontlop

Mini futures in the s&p 500, you find high frequency traders and flash crashes more predictable then the isx. For now I'll send my email purchase orders and be darned happy I don't have your markets problems fib

Have they dealt with the high frequency traders yet?

And you think iraq is a risky bet. Lol

If your happy and making money that's great. Seriously...... But for me, I have no reason to send my money into a country on the brink of civil war.

I'm not an investor... I don't hold my ES positions overnight so I never have to worry about them "gaping" the market against me during that thinly traded session. Of course there's always that chance of an "event"... Like a terrorist attack in which the market might make a very big, rapid move against an open position during the day. That's why I never have more than 2 percent of my account in play at any one time and I always have hard stop orders set. I also have a second account set up with another broker..with orders set..ready to trigger to hedge a position if necessary. In my 5 years of actively trading this vehicle.. I've never had trade "get away from me" and even if one did, I only have a small part of my account exposed.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 2