Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dementia

pattyangel

Just wanted to share some great news with everyone here.  My mother has dementia.  I received a call from her, just got off the phone with her in fact, you see for Christmas I gave her a couple of  beautiful blouses, just so she can wear around the house, to look nice for my dad, I made go off a bit but I am filled with great joy for her.   Anyway I had also given her some "Word Search" books (forget about the blouses, in my eyes my mother will always be beautiful) back to the real story again....she told me that she was able to finish the Word Search, and for a moment or two she and I were ecstatic about her accomplishment.  I told her that that was just wonderful.  Then she begins to tell me, now she will move on to the next page...LoL!!!!  You see I thought she finished the book (after all she had them since Christmas) and ready to move on to the next book.  I made her laugh so hard she had to call me back, she wanted to tell my daddy why we were laughing.  Back again to the story, you see, she's at an early stage and showing signs of trying to remember what she reads, what words to use in a sentence, her penmanship is practically gone. She struggles with the grandchildren names at the moment.  And most of all sometimes her meds.  My dad is with her and I have a sister who takes care of them during the day also, so that relieves my mind a bit.  Come to think of it I think she was more excited about me being excited, silly ole me.  I told her to save the page, that it was mine for keeps.   I hope she remembers. 

She'll turned 81 on Tuesday and I'm just glad to have her another year.  was more excited about me being excited, silly ole me.  I told her to save that page, that it was mine for keeps.  :o

Just wanted to share, thanks for giving me an ear.     ;)  

Any suggestions on the care for the elderly as they go through their stages.  What works best in your situations. 

sorry for any mistakes or improper writings, but I think I got my story across.  ;)

• Upvote 5

pattyangel,

Very sweet story indeed. These are the moments that you will collect in your memory and cherish always.

I just lost my grandmother on the 24th of last month to dementia. I lived with her and took care of her for the last 8 yrs. so I know how very difficult it is to deal with. I will say though that because of all of those beautiful kinds of memories that I shared with her over the years that I am blessed far beyond what I should be.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and may this journey be a blessed one.

• Upvote 1

Djorgie,  my heartfelt prayers in your direction.  I can't begin to imagine the journey you traveled with your beautiful grandmother. Your faith is shown gracefully through your tender words of love for her.  I commend you for being the compassionate grand-daughter in her time of need.  I just hope that I can honor my mother with such grace. 

I know that without the help of God's love, His peace and comfort, this journey will be a challenge. I take each day as a blessing and give thanks to be alive, to be at her side. 

I know that the day will come and her chair will be empty.  It's the memories deep inside that will not let me forget what a wonderful Mother she has been.  I continue to make more wonderful memories with her, to pass down to my grand-children.  And today was another one to add to my list.

Djorgie,  know that my prayers will follow you on a daily basis.  :angel:

Tankdude,  I like the sound of the spiritual teamwork.  Thanks!!!

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 1

Dear Patty,

I wish I had unlimited words of comfort to share with you.  I do know what you are facing and it seems you are handling this in an exemplary manner.  My mother was widowed and raised four children on her own.  I couldn't imagine what having a father was like.  I turned against my mother - leaving her with hurt and sadness I later regretted.  Her dementia took the last 20 years of her life and left me wishing I could roll the years back.  Eventually, forgiveness was rendered in close friendship and a care that directed me to the road of success. I wish she was still with us.  Enjoy your time with her - these will be the most valued moments of your life.  May God richly bless you and your relationship.   BG

Ditto on the coconut oil.  It appears to contain a fatty acid that crosses the blood-brain barrier and is used to create the enzyme that breaks down the protein that becomes the damaging plaque.  There are indications that it also removes plaque that has already developed.

Unfortunately, there is no money to fund a proper study.  Maybe a bunch of us can create a foundation to support a set of organic studies post RV.  Kick Big Pharma's butt.

That's a legacy I could live with.

Peace, Prosperity and better health without chemistry

• Upvote 1

Ditto on the coconut oil.  It appears to contain a fatty acid that crosses the blood-brain barrier and is used to create the enzyme that breaks down the protein that becomes the damaging plaque.  There are indications that it also removes plaque that has already developed.

Unfortunately, there is no money to fund a proper study.  Maybe a bunch of us can create a foundation to support a set of organic studies post RV.  Kick Big Pharma's butt.

That's a legacy I could live with.

Peace, Prosperity and better health without chemistry

That's one of the reasons I'm working with the supplement company I'm working with. Big Pharma almost bought them out - but fortunately our founders saw what that could have meant.

My opinion - Big Pharma creates customers - not cures.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Tankdude I have to totally agree with you on the pharma's...they think they have a cure for one thing, but in return it breaks down another area of your body.  No cure.  I struggle with all my mother's meds, very frustrating.  I can go round and round with her meds.  One makes her dizzy, the other makes her nauseated and one makes her sleepy and weak.  I took her off some of her meds and increased her redox signaling molecules intake.  Looking forward to some new results.  Of course I've done this with the approval of her doctor.  In fact her doctor was amazed that I would take charge of her health the way I have.  He's looking into the redox signaling.   Yay for me for putting my foot forward and in charge of her care.

• Upvote 1

Tankdude I have to totally agree with you on the pharma's...they think they have a cure for one thing, but in return it breaks down another area of your body.  No cure.  I struggle with all my mother's meds, very frustrating.  I can go round and round with her meds.  One makes her dizzy, the other makes her nauseated and one makes her sleepy and weak.  I took her off some of her meds and increased her redox signaling molecules intake.  Looking forward to some new results.  Of course I've done this with the approval of her doctor.  In fact her doctor was amazed that I would take charge of her health the way I have.  He's looking into the redox signaling.   Yay for me for putting my foot forward and in charge of her care.

Good for you Pattyangel. Keep working with the doctor.  I believe you will see some improvement fairly quickly. 

Up her water intake if you can, to help with the detox that I'm sure will occur.