Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bitcoin has been taking it on the chin...

fib1618

A message from Gox...

"February 26th 2014

Dear MtGox Customers,

As there is a lot of speculation regarding MtGox and its future, I would like to use this opportunity to reassure everyone that I am still in Japan, and working very hard with the support of different parties to find a solution to our recent issues.

Furthermore I would like to kindly ask that people refrain from asking questions to our staff: they have been instructed not to give any response or information. Please visit this page for further announcements and updates.

Sincerely,

Mark Karpeles"

• Upvote 1

Yeah I read about his statement over at bit coin forum.  I wonder if MtGox is the only company that has a problem?  OR is it just the tip of the iceberg.  However, while this may be a bit of blow to bit coin, I think it will get it's feet back on the ground.

Looks like my gamble on Gox isn't gonna work out. Lol

I've funded BITSTAMP... Have orders lined up starting at 380... Al the way down it 250.

Got orders on litecoin sub 10.

Yes it was high risk. Tossed some "Vegas" money at it and it looks like it's not gonna work out. Oh well.

Well, I tried to warn you.. Hopefully you didn't lose too much...

If I was you, I'd throw more at it through a legitimate exchange & recoup your losses.

Doesn't seem the MtGox took a big chunk into the market value as I would have predicted.

It wasn't the coins fault.... It was purely the exchange... I think most people realize that.

Which is why it didn't take the beating some would have expected.

A buddy of mine had his bitcoins released from Mt. Gox! Just got off the phone with him.

Look for the release of DINAR COIN over the next couple of days at this exchange... https://www.cryptorush.in

The symbol will be IQD

I'm not joking.

That is sad & hilarious at the same time.

Someone on another thread is calling this a "COMPLETE CRASH"

Not yet. Lol

It's already rebounded back over 600.

most people who criticize bitcoin make stupid comments comparing it to tulips and beanie babies but dont really know what they are talking about except that both are hot fads. bitcoin gets allthis bad press about mtgox and silkroad, none of this is actually issues with bitcoins its issues with trusting a third party website or illegal drug market to hold your money.

bitcoin has a paper wallet you can have on your computer where you solely control your coins, why would someone let a site like mtgox control thousands or millions of dollars of theirs? its just plain stupid.

if i buy bitcoins or trade bitcoins for toher coins on an exchange i send my coins to the exchange, do my trade and send it all back to a paperwallet. my coins are maybe vulnerable for 10 minutes, anyone who stores their money with someoen they dont know is asking for trouble

I been getting into VOLT coin and dogecoin lately

Edited by rulesforrebels
  • Upvote 1

most people who criticize bitcoin make stupid comments comparing it to tulips and beanie babies but dont really know what they are talking about except that both are hot fads. bitcoin gets allthis bad press about mtgox and silkroad, none of this is actually issues with bitcoins its issues with trusting a third party website or illegal drug market to hold your money.

bitcoin has a paper wallet you can have on your computer where you solely control your coins, why would someone let a site like mtgox control thousands or millions of dollars of theirs? its just plain stupid.

if i buy bitcoins or trade bitcoins for toher coins on an exchange i send my coins to the exchange, do my trade and send it all back to a paperwallet. my coins are maybe vulnerable for 10 minutes, anyone who stores their money with someoen they dont know is asking for trouble

I been getting into VOLT coin and dogecoin lately

I've been reading a lot of good things about dogecoin lately. They really appear to desire to get a good image associated with that community.

They're known for tipping

They've done a lot of donations (some big, some small)

They're different in comparison to other coins as they are somewhat inflationary (although 10k block rewards for life after the 600,000th block may not seem like much)

I think they're inflation % is still less than BTC

They've grown rather quickly - and they're hitting media mainstream (i.e, some guy selling his house for dogecoin). Other coins don't seem to really get that much attention.

Some other interesting ones are vert coin and a few others.

JCPenney shares were up about 25% yesterday cause they only lost 68 cents per share, lol... Beating the analyst forecasts of an 85cent loss.

I rarely trade stocks.. but I'm gonna start targeting a short entry if it can manage to creep up and fill that chart gap at $8.

• Upvote 1

I'm a serious guy.

Looks like Darin thought I was joking too.

I was shocked, but with crypto's new coins come & go. (some are lucky to stay)

Max coin is 20,000,000 (sha-256 based) seems that its a close copy-cat to BTC

I'm a little enstranged on why the call it "IQD" when more places in the middle east use "dinar" as what they call their money. IQD is obviously related to Iraq

This could be an interesting & fun coin to mine while its new & diff is low -

Speculation alone may pay out... dumber things have worked out

Wonder how long until the GURUs exploit this. *SMH* you know that'll come in time

Thanks,

I'm currently on my iphone and im having problems with that link.

Here's one I'm looking at..

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg360ztgSza1gSMAzm1g20za2gSMAzm2g50

I'm hitting the hay. I may check in tomorrow.

Later.

Here is another one to look at as they have LiteCoins ( LTC/USD ) and Bitcoin ( BTC/USD )

https://btc-e.com/exchange/btc_usd