Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finding Sea jellyfish the size of a car in Australia

yota691

5612.jpg?width=650&watermark=4

Author: Editor: ma Reporter:

Number of readings: 50

02/07/2014 15:36

Tomorrow's Press / follow-up: Residents found a quiet little village in the state of Tasmania, the Australian unknown type of jellyfish after giant waves swept away to the beach, sparking the curiosity of scientists in Australia for naming the object and classification.

It is believed that the jellyfish, which features a white spot and pink in the center and width of about 1.5 meters close to the type of jellyfish known as the lion known as "Balmkhati" because it looks like mucus.

Said Lisa Ann Gershwin scientist Organization of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research, told Reuters, "There is a kind of excitement because it is a new type ... oh god it's the size of the smart car ... This is like Disneyland for marine biologists."

She continued, saying: "It was a solemn view of the lamp to a large extent, it's really cool, and when I found that the family, the best thing they've done that they were told the authorities so that we can study it in time."

And found a family walking on the beach on a giant jellyfish in late January January sent a picture of a research organization in the city of Hobart in the far south of Australia. Scientists believe that the lamp swept sea water afterwards.

And trying to Gershwin and other scientists discovered the cause of the dramatic increase in the number of jellyfish in the waters around Tasmania this year.

"There's something going on which makes her a significant increase in the numbers of these species amazing and we do not know the reason yet."

The expert pointed out that the Australian "lamp" may be some kind of "jellyfish known as the lion," adding: "but it is slightly different, which is what will make us put the name of a new classification of this type of jellyfish."

254138.jpg

We eat them where I come from. If you grab the top, you wont be stung. However, if you surf a lot, sometimes you don't see certain types (like Man-O-War) and OUCH! Stings like HELL! Get all puffed up where you get the stingers in and there aint nothing you can do about it (urine and steak sauce help very little). Dunno, just saying.....

• Upvote 2

We eat them where I come from. If you grab the top, you wont be stung. However, if you surf a lot, sometimes you don't see certain types (like Man-O-War) and OUCH! Stings like HELL! Get all puffed up where you get the stingers in and there aint nothing you can do about it (urine and steak sauce help very little). Dunno, just saying.....

Yep, jelly fish is quite tasty :)  

Big fan of steak sauce.......never tried urine, unless you count Pabst.   :shrug: 

GO RV, and NO BV

As a kid I lived on a  navel air base in pax river maryland on the shores of chesapeake bay. My brother in law was a lifer stationed there.

Once while laying and lounging in the surf one about the size of a baseball when up my shorts.

Yeah stung me where the sun dont shine.

I swelled up to a gargantuan size.

Unfortunately it didn't last very long  .

:)

• Upvote 2

As a kid I lived on a  navel air base in pax river maryland on the shores of chesapeake bay. My brother in law was a lifer stationed there.

Once while laying and lounging in the surf one about the size of a baseball when up my shorts.

Yeah stung me where the sun dont shine.

I swelled up to a gargantuan size.

Unfortunately it didn't last very long  .

:)

img-maximbady-talks-about-the-man-with-1

• Upvote 2