Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Bumps In The Road"

YOU WON'T FORGET

"A bump in the road" .... remember that calloused statement?  I don't know the author of this poem.. Received it today.  Very thought provoking and poignant.  I do recall, however, the President referring to the Benghazi incident as "a bump in the road."  Today I heard an ex-Navy Seal being interviewed on Fox News regarding a book he has written about how to handle crisis situations in our lives.  At the end of the interview he asked if he could make a comment on Benghazi and of course the anchor said yes.  He then thanked Fox News for keeping the Benghazi story in the news, since other news organizations are not.  He said the Seals who died deserve the public knowing the truth about the whole affair. 
The poem was written by a MARINE CORPS Officer (ANON).
THE BATTLING BOYS OF BENGHAZI  
We're the battling boys of Benghazi
No fame, no glory, no paparazzi.
Just a fiery death in a blazing hell
Defending our country we loved so well.

It wasn't our job, but we answered the call,
fought to the Consulate and scaled the wall.
We pulled twenty Countrymen from the jaws of fate
Led them to safety, and stood at the gate.

Just the two of us, and foes by the score,
But we stood fast to bar the door.
Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied,
So we fought, and we fought, and we fought 'til we died.

We gave our all for our Uncle Sam,
But Barack Obama didn't give a damn.
Just two dead seals who carried the load
No thanks to us.........we were just "Bumps In The Road".

• Upvote 1

Don't you mean two X - Navy Seals?

I remember contractors died during that incident.

I would have felt MUCH worse had they been active duty at the time. Contractor's are PAID to take the risk.

Blame Obama all day long but Hillarious Clinton took FULL RESPONSIBLITY for the incident. Remember that when she is ellected in 2016. :(

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 1

Don't you mean two X - Navy Seals?

I remember contractors died during that incident.

I would have felt MUCH worse had they been active duty at the time. Contractor's are PAID to take the risk.

Blame Obama all day long but Hillarious Clinton took FULL RESPONSIBLITY for the incident. Remember that when she is ellected in 2016. :(

Brah...there's no such thing as an X-Seal or X-Marine...it's who they become a transformation of mine and soul...

• Upvote 1

Brah...there's no such thing as an X-Seal or X-Marine...it's who they become a transformation of mine and soul...

LOL Yeah, I forgot, once a Marine always a marine..........................I met a kid who went to bootcamp, washed out during basic training for a broken ankle and he never went back to complete training but he was still proud to say he was a Marine! LOL

• Upvote 1

LOL Yeah, I forgot, once a Marine always a marine..........................I met a kid who went to bootcamp, washed out during basic training for a broken ankle and he never went back to complete training but he was still proud to say he was a Marine! LOL

I hear ya Dawg...just like everyone was a Navy Seal at one time or the other...it's all a game till they meet up with the real ''MaCoy's''...then it's Hell to pay...didn't witness this but had a trooper tell the story of some ''idiot'' that went as far as to have the 'Navy Seal's Cross'  tatoo'ed on his arm...upon be observed and questioned by a 'Real Seal'...it was cut out of his arm...the Boyz don't play....

• Upvote 2