Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Dinar Not Legally Sanctioned

Skyerydr

Okay, if Iraq Dinar were never legally sanctioned for sale in the US, then how are legal currency exchanges buying and selling Iraq Dinar? If that were the case I don't think that currency exchanges would be allowed to sell IQD to anyone. That would be straight up fraud if in fact this were true.

I've seen articles that state that Iraq sold Dinars because they wanted the dinar to be a reserve currency. The idea being that when we exchanged our Dinars the banks would hold them.

Theses articles were legit. Can someone back m up on this? If not I'll have to see if I can bring them over. ReVbo, help me out.

Dude, you're asking the wrong guy. I ain't much for research (Talk to Carello if you need research done), but I did find this from Sept 2011.

http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=19443

Baghdad (news) .. confirmed the parliamentary Economic Committee that Iraq Ghaderaly improve the status of the dinar and adopt it as part of the International Reserves, pointing out that Iraq has more than (80 to 90) billion dollar reserves at the central bank and this is positive for the benefit of the Iraqi dinar. 

said Member of the Committee of Economy and Investment parliamentary deputy / National Alliance / Abdul Hussain Abtan told the correspondent Agency (news) on Saturday: 'To be sure, Iraq is able to adopt the dinar as part of the reserves of international and especially since he has a great resource in the field of oil and more than (80 to 90) billion dollars, central bank reserves and the positive impact on the Iraqi currency against the dollar and makes the dinar as its currency position as it was formerly among the world's currencies'. He called on the central bank Alabtan improve the status of the dinar against the dollar, albeit (1200) dinars to the dollar is not the right thing '. It is noteworthy that the central bank adviser pointed out in an earlier statement 'for the Agency news' that the Iraqi dinar is not an international reserve currency until it is handled abroad, stressing We as a policy cash aspire to be the Iraqi dinar portion of the reserves and this needs a long time.Saleh said: The Iraqi dinar is the local currency convertible to other currencies, ruling that dealt in Iraqi dinars externally at present evidence that the bank instructions Antrzelatzmh taking out the Iraqi dinar only up to (200) thousand dinars for the traveler. - See more at: http://www.ikhnews.com/index.php?page=article&id=19443#sthash.GBd2kh47.dpuf

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 3

I came into this thing about two months after this article was published, so I've never seen it before, but it's got lots of good information in it. I didn't highlight this part, but it makes me happy, considering it has already been a "long time" since Abtan made the statement. Of course, a "long time" is relative, so I suppose it could still be years, but with everything going on at the moment, I think his "long time" is getting closer to being over. 

"...central bank reserves and the positive impact on the Iraqi currency against the dollar and makes the dinar as its currency position as it was formerly among the world's currencies'.

"We as a policy cash aspire to be the Iraqi dinar portion of the reserves and this needs a long time."

• Upvote 2