Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Best Bank Story Ever!!!

bostonangler

Tuesday, 04 February, 2014

2-4-14 Janina:  Today I met my wealth manager at Wells Fargo Bank and he asked me how is going with my dinars, I told him I am still waiting… I asked does he hear some news. He said that dinar rates will be as Kuwait or may a little higher but he offered me to exchange today at the rate $ 1.11 and no NDA. I was thinking may I go, still would be a lot of money but I stopped to think for a while and then I said to him: “no, I will wait for better time and he promised me that he will call me when comes that time…” So, if it is a true, now we know what we get.

She turned down $1.11!!!! That's rich!

B/A

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

OK, though I sometimes do peruse the jokester section I nearly never post here.

But as a person who does actually bank at WF I must respond.

Last Friday after getting off from work I drove to the nearest WF branch to cash my

paycheck. I wasn't in the best of moods and therefore didn't really want to talk about

anything. However the teller that got unlucky enough to serve me, well she wanted

to know my life story. This is not my normal branch, so I decided to push the envelope

while being polite. I answered her questions about my new job and that led into

my brief stay in North Dakota. I noticed that some lady was standing behind the three

tellers observing and listening to everything. My teller asked me how do I want my cash

back? I shrugged my shoulders and said,"just as long as it's green". She then said

," do you want blue green, yellow green, or pink green"? My face surely told her I had

absolutely no idea what she was referring to as she proceeded to explain to me the

off colors of the dollar. While I knew that, I had never heard someone refer to it like that.

And certainly didn't know the new hundreds were bluish in color. She pulled one out

to show it to me and I couldn't help myself, I had to test the theory that WF will ask

anyone who brings up dinar to leave. I said to my teller, "that's very interesting. There

Is another currency in this world that looks similar to that".

She said,"Really"?

To which I replied just loud enough for most to hear, " sure, it's the Iraqi dinar".

It was all I could do not to bust up laughing at her expression upon hearing the

word dinar. I even notice the lady standing behind moving my direction. I giggled

slightly and in a lower voice said, "oops. I know were not allowed to use that

word here". My teller nervously smiled. And the lady standing behind was now

letting it be known I probably should drop it. Sorry but if I can get your goat

you're in BIG BIG TROUBLE. LOL. With as straight a face I could muster I said,

"The real question you should be asking is why in the world would the U.S. TREASURY

copy the safety features of a third world currency"?

Funny thing is when I entered the bank I didn't want to be chatty, when I left

my teller didn't want to be chatty. LOL.

No one asked me to leave, but I knew that was coming next. So we seriously

doubt that anyone at WF will be asking you about dinar.

Is another

Speaking of Wells Fargo my last statement had an urgent notification included say starting in April for all US and foreign currency deposits or exchanges there will be a  5.00 service fee . doubt it means much other than one more way to get your money.

Yes I saw that one also, but was to scared to be the first to mention it here.

• Upvote 6

When I asked my personal banker about dinar.. she said she would check with her manager and got back to me which she did and she told me that they are not dealing with dinar but she has a lot of clients opening bank accounts to prepare for when it rv's.  She looked at me, smiled and said "it could be like Kuwaiti Dinar" and I never asked her another question lol

• Upvote 5

When I asked my personal banker about dinar.. she said she would check with her manager and got back to me which she did and she told me that they are not dealing with dinar but she has a lot of clients opening bank accounts to prepare for when it rv's.  She looked at me, smiled and said "it could be like Kuwaiti Dinar" and I never asked her another question lol

Nadita...you are the biggest tease.

there a 3 letter word that says it all NDA.

At 1.1 I would have exchanged 1$ keep 500K to myself and buy back another 500K of IQD  at the CBI rate lol

This person insults my intelligence.

And I will glady apologize if I am wrong.

Edited by Happy Man
  • Upvote 1