Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Coke commercial angers Twitter racists: Speak American because ‘your in America’

dinar_stud

Coke commercial angers Twitter racists: Speak American because ‘your in America’

A Coca Cola advertisement that celebrated the United States’ cultural diversity inspired a Twitter hashtag urging others to #SpeakAmerican and #BoycottCoke.

The one-minute ad that aired during the Super Bowl featured a multiracial cast as voices sang “America The Beautiful” in a variety of languages.

That outraged many viewers, who suggested that English was the country’s official language.

Speak-American.png

Never-buying-coke-again.png

We-speak-English.png

American-song.png

National-anthem-1.png

National-anthem-2.png

Foreign-decent.png

Asswholes.png

Your-in-America-1.png

Illegals-crossing-border.png

This is the video they are criticizing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8iM73E6JP8

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

WOW so much hate out there.    I agree that english should be the #1 language in america.  But this commercial was not offensive in the least. It felt like they were trying to show unity among all the different nationalities with the same thing in common. They like living in the USA and they enjoy drinking Coke.  I dont see anything wrong with either of those two choices.  Maybe its because they both pertain to me.

I was'nt born in the USA but I am very grateful to be living here and I do enjoy drinking coke and will continue to do so.

Edited by millionaire in training
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Maybe it SHOULD be sung in EVERY language in EVERY country so the entire world can understand why we hold freedom so dear. The Superbowl is mainly an English-speaking venue. We should work it into TV shows and movies. Foreigners LOVE American entertainment!

http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/ajax.html?t=13205240#page:showThread,13205240

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I seen this commercial and at first I thought they were just bad singers, or like me (making mumbling noises when I don't know the words) <_< but then I realized it was different languages, didn't really bother me, I can see what they were trying to do, not a good commercial if you ask me, but not enough for me to stop drinking Coke.

What I can't stand though is the different nationalities coming to the US and NOT even attempting to learn our language.  I have no problems what so ever with people coming to the US legally, learning our language, and becoming a productive member of our society like our ancestors did (not a parasite milking our system dry.)  Like it or not the language of the USA is ENGLISH, period!  If you want to be a US citizen you need to learn to speak English.  I'm tired of wasting our tax dollars on extra teachers, translators, directions, govt. forms, etc. so other nationalities feel like they fit in, if you want to fit in speak English that is our language, you don't have to give up yours but you MUST learn to speak ours.

When I go to Mexico I don't expect everyone there to speak English so I understand whats going on, why the hell do they expect it here in the USA, and not just Hispanics either?  You ask a simple question and you get the typical stupid look expression on their faces, it's easier to play dumb, but it's surprising how good they speak when a  cop shows up.

uncle_sam_speak_english_products_sticker

I did figure out though, those annoying people in stores like Walmart jabbering endlessly in some language other then English, I  can get them to do it, I just throw on my trusty baseball cap!! :eyebrows:  Oh I see now you speak English real good don't you!! <_< 

3630788-border-patrol-hat.jpg

If that doesn't work then I have to resort to playing pool.  Like a Que Ball, the harder you hit em the more English you get!! :D  :lol:  :lol: J/K

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

What is really sad is some of these "Tweeters" I guess that's what you call people that "tweet" on "Twitter" (personally I think it's about as stupid as Facebook, oh my cat died, I have a headache, oh you poor thing, blah, blah, blah Pity Party Central) but back on point it's sad some of these Americans don't know what our national anthem is.  That would be the "Star Spangled Banner" peeps not "America the Beautiful" that's why it didn't really offend me, it is what it is, sing what you want. But little tweeters if you are going to go public make sure you don't look like an idiot with your rant! :rolleyes: Doesn't say much for our education system does it?  Course what can we expect they can't say the Pledge of Allegiance anymore either! :facepalm2: 

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

I agree with DD6.  It's sad that many of them apparently can't recognize the US National Anthem, and aren't open enough to think that a song in praise of America can be sung in another language. 

So - how upset are the French that "Frere Jacques" is sung in English?  Or Mexicans hearing the English version of "De Colores"?  Just wondering...

Heck - gotta be some what open minded.  Take a look at me - had some British soldiers I was training with about 15 years ago - and I drank a toast to the Queen *lol*

• Upvote 3

Haven't you heard, Dog.......Democrats prefer kool-aid.   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Ya know shabs what makes this such farce is they show 10 tweets if they showed them all I bet it wouldnt hit a hundred.

But people like studly and the press that would actually print this want to keep the division of this country in place. 

They place this kind of crap on line and in the news and act like this is the heartbeat of america. This is how america feels about it.

In reality its a 100 or so dipshats that dont even know what the national anthem is.  My guess is 1 out of a thousand people my have been disturbed by this.

Why cause they themselves are disturb.  Kinda like studly for posting this crap.

Come togeather people and fight the real cause of our pain. 

• Upvote 1

Ya know shabs what makes this such farce is they show 10 tweets if they showed them all I bet it wouldnt hit a hundred.

But people like studly and the press that would actually print this want to keep the division of this country in place. 

They place this kind of crap on line and in the news and act like this is the heartbeat of america. This is how america feels about it.

In reality its a 100 or so dipshats that dont even know what the national anthem is.  My guess is 1 out of a thousand people my have been disturbed by this.

Why cause they themselves are disturb.  Kinda like studly for posting this crap.

Come togeather people and fight the real cause of our pain. 

While I agree with closing the gap in the divide.....this particular thread by Stud, doesn't have the lefty/righty overtones of his usual postings.  I just think he was trying to show the idiocy of people in general.  I have to give him a pass on this one.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

I don't see any problem with the ads.. Coke is trying to convey that people in the world love Coke but the choice of the song could be a problem.  I remember from a long time ago, Coke had a commercial with every nation singing and it was a hit ads as I remember.  

• Upvote 2

I don't see any problem with the ads.. Coke is trying to convey that people in the world love Coke but the choice of the song could be a problem.  I remember from a long time ago, Coke had a commercial with every nation singing and it was a hit ads as I remember.  

But is'nt it amazing how these kinds of topics show peoples "True Colors"  what they really have deep down inside.

To much hate in the world still. Sad

You are absolutely right...... way toooo much hate in the world.   Very Very Sad.

• Upvote 3

What is really sad is some of these "Tweeters" I guess that's what you call people that "tweet" on "Twitter" (personally I think it's about as stupid as Facebook, oh my cat died, I have a headache, oh you poor thing, blah, blah, blah Pity Party Central) but back on point it's sad some of these Americans don't know what our national anthem is.  That would be the "Star Spangled Banner" peeps not "America the Beautiful" that's why it didn't really offend me, it is what it is, sing what you want. But little tweeters if you are going to go public make sure you don't look like an idiot with your rant! :rolleyes: Doesn't say much for our education system does it?  Course what can we expect they can't say the Pledge of Allegiance anymore either! :facepalm2: 

The irony is these ignorants are pissed over songs other than English...but they can't speak English properly themselves.

• Upvote 1

America needs to get a clue. Yes, we are multi-ethnic, multi-racal but we all live in one country.

What sense does it make to have the driver's license test given in 16 languages but the streets signs in only one?

What sense does it make that in America you do not make English our official language but one teach students in English?

Try going to another country and living there but you do not speak the language. You can not get a driver's license, or function in their society. They make no accomidation for your lack of understanding.

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 3

I seen this commercial and at first I thought they were just bad singers, or like me (making mumbling noises when I don't know the words) <_< but then I realized it was different languages, didn't really bother me, I can see what they were trying to do, not a good commercial if you ask me, but not enough for me to stop drinking Coke.

What I can't stand though is the different nationalities coming to the US and NOT even attempting to learn our language.  I have no problems what so ever with people coming to the US legally, learning our language, and becoming a productive member of our society like our ancestors did (not a parasite milking our system dry.)  Like it or not the language of the USA is ENGLISH, period!  If you want to be a US citizen you need to learn to speak English.  I'm tired of wasting our tax dollars on extra teachers, translators, directions, govt. forms, etc. so other nationalities feel like they fit in, if you want to fit in speak English that is our language, you don't have to give up yours but you MUST learn to speak ours.

When I go to Mexico I don't expect everyone there to speak English so I understand whats going on, why the hell do they expect it here in the USA, and not just Hispanics either?  You ask a simple question and you get the typical stupid look expression on their faces, it's easier to play dumb, but it's surprising how good they speak when a  cop shows up.

uncle_sam_speak_english_products_sticker

I did figure out though, those annoying people in stores like Walmart jabbering endlessly in some language other then English, I  can get them to do it, I just throw on my trusty baseball cap!! :eyebrows:  Oh I see now you speak English real good don't you!! <_< 

3630788-border-patrol-hat.jpg

If that doesn't work then I have to resort to playing pool.  Like a Que Ball, the harder you hit em the more English you get!! :D  :lol:  :lol: J/K

My feelings exactly, Deep Dive  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2