Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

trouble accessing chat

nannab

skeetdog, no, that's not the address that I needed to add.  When the window popped up telling me my security settings were blocking it, it was also giving me an address that it was blocking.  The address it gave me was http://client11.addonchat.com.   That's what I entered & saved.  However, someone else I was chatting with said they entered client1  instead of client 11.   Then with someone else, it was saying client14.   So maybe everyone's route into the chatroom is a little different?  I'm not sure.   Whatever it is telling you on the Security Notice, enter that address.  

Anyone more knowledgeable on this, please speak up.  I'm definitely not a computer techy person. 

Hello all,

I managed to fix this problem and from what I'm gathering, it is definitely on the Javascript end, not so much our computers. With the recent update to Java 7.51, the security settings block any javascript based chat. I did the following and the chat now works correctly:

Windows based/Internet Explorer system:

Start > Control Panel > Java > Then go to the Security tab. Once you are in the Security section, click Edit Site List, once in there, add the following sites:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=chat

http://client11.addonchat.com

After adding these two links, make sure you are in fact updated to Java 7.51, found at www.java.com, click OK and close out of Internet Explorer. You should be good to go! :)

- NannaB's Son (Nick)

post-20659-0-73115700-1390089149_thumb.j

Same problem here. I uninstalled and reinstalled Java multiple times to no avail. Tried many solutions suggested in various web searches and finally went to a Microsoft support site and posted the error, which is "Your security settings have blocked and untrusted application from running.

I am attaching both the post and the response since I am unable to copy and paste in the forum. Essentially, it says there is a problem with the site's certificates. I doubted this so installed Google Chrome to try. It made me give permission to run Java, which I did, then I got the same error. The attachment contains links to further information via the Microsoft article. I don't know whether the problem is with dinar vets and new dinar chat, or addonchat. Either way, I hope it gets resolved. I would bet it's a reason for the fall off in traffic.

Best to you all!

Pat

PS I can get into to Addonchat site I set up on another site. It was a test and is not used at all, but it is there and I can log into it and post. Problem is, talking to myself gets boring very quickly.

chatproblem.txt

Pat H - it's a problem with the new version of Java.  Until you go into the Java Control Panel & list the client add on chat address that you are getting in the error message, you won't be able to get into the chat room.  The problem isn't with the DV site or with the chat room software.  It's a security issue within Java.  Grrrrrr......every time we are forced to update our versions of Java, we have a few bumps to smooth out.  

of course, I can't get on chat either...  When I click the Java link in the chat site, I see lots of options..  based on the comments about 7.51, I found this option, "Java SE Development Kit 7u51.  I am not trying to develop anything...  but since my options are limited, I decided to download the 64 bit (I had to guess at this selection.).

does it really have to be so complicated just to view chat....  geeez.

Nannab,  that step by step is the type of info I need.  thanks.

But when I go to Start, then Control Panel, Java is not listed.  Does that mean it is not loaded, or is Java a part of one of those files?

I am trying to follow the steps that Nannab listed above to keep windows from blocking the chat.  but when I go to START, then CONTROL PANEL, Java is not listed as an option to click....  I downloaded Java 7.51, should I see it in the control panel?

Well I had to get a new laptop w/win 8.1 and I done everything stated above and I'm still not in Chat or in NDC can anyone help.

Flash102  aka 101

And yes I down loaded the new java 7-51

A few questions:

1. Did you verify that the Java you downloaded was working on your computer?

2. When you tried to log in to chat - what error message did you receive?

3. Did you add the two url's to the selected site list?

Will try to help when you respond.

:cowboy2:

I am trying to follow the steps that Nannab listed above to keep windows from blocking the chat.  but when I go to START, then CONTROL PANEL, Java is not listed as an option to click....  I downloaded Java 7.51, should I see it in the control panel?

When you open the control panel - you need to look for programs - then select java and click on it.

TY TG yes it is down loaded by the by I'm using Norton I believe I got everything set just rite. I got this new PC set up the same way as my windows 7 desktop on that I can get into chat and on that 1 I also down loaded java 7-51 n have Norton as well

TY

RY

Unable to get to weekly chat------"You do not have permission to view this forum."--why??????????

I am a platinum member & can access everything else that I have tried---------Just cannot get into chat.     Always have been able to prior to trying to get into this weeks "Adam

Unable to get to weekly chat------"You do not have permission to view this forum."--why??????????

I am a platinum member & can access everything else that I have tried---------Just cannot get into chat.     Always have been able to prior to trying to get into this weeks "Adam

The link you clicked on has been moved to archives - it was a chat from last year.

Here is the link to last week's chat http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/170007-january-15-weekly-update/

of course, I can't get on chat either...  When I click the Java link in the chat site, I see lots of options..  based on the comments about 7.51, I found this option, "Java SE Development Kit 7u51.  I am not trying to develop anything...  but since my options are limited, I decided to download the 64 bit (I had to guess at this selection.).

does it really have to be so complicated just to view chat....  geeez.

Nannab,  that step by step is the type of info I need.  thanks.

But when I go to Start, then Control Panel, Java is not listed.  Does that mean it is not loaded, or is Java a part of one of those files?

Go to youtube and type in Javadownloads. It will show you what to do when installing java and what to do when it is not listed in the control panel. Hope this helps you some.