Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

trouble accessing chat

nannab

Hello,

I cannot get into chat. We removed Java and reinstalled it but nothing.

The error says that my security is blocking it. We have never seen that error

before. My son has been at it for a while without success.

Thanks so much for your help

Barbara

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I believe the error message is indicating that your internet security software has decided to block java. If you are using firefox check your plug-ins and see if the Java Toolkit is showing Ask to Activate. See attached screenshot.

Also, be sure your security software has Java allowed. In Norton you would go to manage firewall and make sure the program rules show Java as "Allowed".

If you are using Windows Firewall, look for the same feature probably named something else - not sure since it is disabled on my machines.

Good luck.

:cowboy2:

post-26654-0-52772700-1389977353_thumb.j

djgabrielie found out some information about the java platform 7 51.  If a security block comes up and won't load the chat site, you have to go to the java configure. Go to the security tab and go to the edit site list and type in the web address and it let you by pass the security. It will let you try to get in to chat. hope this help.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, you are all making me feel much better about myself.  I've been beating myself over the head for 2 or 3 days now trying to get in.  About 3 days ago, I was forced to upgrade my Java in order to continue forward with the chat.  So I did.  I have the Java 7 update 51.   That's when my problems began.  I've removed it & reinstalled it also.  I've turned off everything trying to get in.  I've gone to the Java Control Panel and under the security tab, I've added the web address that the Blocking Notice is giving me.   Still to no avail! 

I'm just about to pull what little hair I have left completely out!   Any other suggestions, please post.  At this point, I'll try anything. 

If you've gotten that far, then you will probably be able to get in - eventually.  I was getting that message occasionally previously, but it had gotten much better.  And 90% of the time, I was able to get in.  But since the Java update, I'm now getting the Blocked message that everyone's talking about above.

Right now, I'd be happy with the "temporarily unavailable" message.   :(     

djgabrielie found out some information about the java platform 7 51.  If a security block comes up and won't load the chat site, you have to go to the java configure. Go to the security tab and go to the edit site list and type in the web address and it let you by pass the security. It will let you try to get in to chat. hope this help.

Ok, so I went under start->java->configure java->security tab and entered the exceptions:

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?app=chat

http://client1.addonchat.com/current/

It does try to authenticate the login but comes back with "Service Temporarly Unavailable"

Looks like a restart on the server side is in order.

fishing, yes I did enter that address in the Java exception list.  It still wouldn't help.  Then I moved the Security tab from High down to Medium and now, it's letting me at least get to the "temporarily unavailable" message.  YooHoo/!     Kinda dumb to get that excited about still not getting in, huh?   Oh well, I'm on step closer!   But not sure if I should leave the security slide tab all the way down on Medium.   I may go move it back to High & see if I can still get at least to the temporarily unavailable message.  

Somebody help me...I just tried and it had a window pop up to up grade me to Java7...Installed it and I'm in the same boat...what's up with this...

Somebody help me...I just tried and it had a window pop up to up grade me to Java7...Installed it and I'm in the same boat...what's up with this...

Ok went back and said it's 'blocked by security settings'...I'v got a puter guru that writes grograms and I'll take it up with him tomorrow...

Me too, finally!  I'm in now & chat is up.   

skeetdog, if you'll look up in this thread & follow what fishing is saying as far as adding the chat address to the Java Control Panel, that may fix your problem.  I upgraded to the Java 7 Update 51 & it did the same thing to me.   Security Settings were blocking me from getting in.  After hours of trying different things, I did what fishing is recommending & it worked!  

It's post #12 on page 1 of this thread.   :)

• Upvote 1

Me too, finally!  I'm in now & chat is up.   

skeetdog, if you'll look up in this thread & follow what fishing is saying as far as adding the chat address to the Java Control Panel, that may fix your problem.  I upgraded to the Java 7 Update 51 & it did the same thing to me.   Security Settings were blocking me from getting in.  After hours of trying different things, I did what fishing is recommending & it worked!  

It's post #12 on page 1 of this thread.   :)

Got to the page to enter thr address and entered...'dinarvets'...what's the exact address I should enter... :blush: