Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank Of Indonesia says Stable economy key to successful redenomination

boomer113189

1 - 16 - 2014

Bank Indonesia (BI) Governor Agus Martowardojo has said a stable economy is the key to the successful implementation of the redenomination that will replace Rp 1,000 of the old currency with the new Rp 1.

“We want to make sure that the redenomination will be successful, but one of the keys is that it takes place when the country’s economy is stable and in good condition,” he said in Jakarta on Thursday, as quoted by Antara news agency.

Agus said that in 2013, domestic economic growth was corrected and the impacts of global fluctuations could still be felt in 2014.

“The US Federal Reserve’s monetary stimulus has been reduced while domestically, the inflation rate in 2013 has increased, exceeding the targets expected,” said Agus.

Moreover, he said, Indonesia’s current account was predicted to remain at a deficit of 3.5 percent until the end of 2013 and the weakening of rupiah exchange rate was still a challenge for the country’s economy this year.

“To ensure the redenomination’s targets can be achieved, it would be better that we don’t push ourselves to implement this in a less than proper situation,” said Agus.

Similarly, Deputy BI Governor Ronald Waas said one of requirements for the implementation of the redenomination was the stable economy and political situation.

“The current economic situation is less conducive to implementing the redenomination,” said Ronald, while mentioning the redenomination plan would still continue.

“The President’s directives must go on. The House of Representatives has established a special committee while public discussions have taken place,” he added.

http://goo.gl/3lrDAE

Edited by boomer113189

Indonesia crude oil reserves less than 4 billion barrels

Iraq 160 billion barrels

Ya ya I know your natural resources don't mean anything to a lopster

Ya ya ya I know I know so don't bother telling me what you know I know everything more than you do

• Upvote 2

Iraq 160 billion barrels

Ya ya I know your natural resources don't mean anything to a lopster

Ya ya ya I know I know so don't bother telling me what you know I know everything more than you do

Means nothing.

Watch it play out.

Why did you run away from my bet on that other thread?

Comical

85 trillion units of currency.

Go rv.

Dontlop is afraid to take me up on my bet on that other thread... and dinarbeliever is afraid to give me the name and location of the bank that "told him the dinar would rv"....he doesn't want me calling them to get the REAL story.

A couple of skeerdy cats!

Lol!

An oil exporter with a severely hyperinflated currency. They gonna lop, or leave things like they are...... Well, the could bump it up a little bit.. But not enough for most to break even.

Hard currency investment is a losers game.

Stay tuned

The HCL means absolutely nothing when it comes to their exchange rate... NOTHING.

Just watch.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Maybe the rv is in the budget.

Rotf!!

I said this...

"The HCL means absolutely nothing when it comes to their exchange rate... NOTHING"

What I meant to say was...

They're gonna fully implement that silly thing and it's not going to trigger some big ungodly windfall rv. HCL has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH AN RV. NOTHING.

Don't let the oil man kid you.

Time to go sober up.

Ya'll have a good day.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lower your guard fib

The captain is a good guy

I know I get testy on a daily basis

And I apologize

But don't be agrivated with everyone on my account

There's a lot of good people who layed down their money for these dinar

And we only have hope left

It's not much to hang on to

Get the drift

Be have

These really are people and we all know things aren't looking to good

So go easy

I serve as your punchng bag

So go ahead pound on my screen name if it makes you happy

But we won't give up hope

We aren't going bankrupt over this

Were just hangin in there

We don't care if we lose

I think we will be fine without the arguements over whether or not this proves to at least. Give us our money back

Do you know what the word captain means

This guy who is nothing but respectful

May of served to protect you and yours

Be good to those who are good to you

You feel the need to pound someone'sights out

That's what I'm here for

• Upvote 1

Iraq 160 billion barrelsYa ya I know your natural resources don't mean anything to a lopster Ya ya ya I know I know so don't bother telling me what you know I know everything more than you do

Indonesia is rich with other resources such as spices, copper, timber, coal, etc

I don think the money is going to revalue a lot. They prolly will lop.

Edited by Nadita