Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

PORTION OF NEW YORK MAY GET 80 INCHES OF SNOW

UNEEK

BE THANKFUL FOR SMALL MIRACLES --- ONE -- YOU ARE NOT THERE !!

This is not a typical snowstorm, says WWNY TV. “This could be one for the record books.”
“It’s a blizzard, it’s the storm of the decade,” says syracuse.com. “Buffalo and other parts of Western New York are getting hammered by heavy lake effect snow, high winds and bone-chilling temperatures. So is Tug Hill, where 5 feet of snow might fall before Wednesday night.”

Update:
The National Weather Service now says the Tug Hill region could see 80 inches (203 cm) of snow between now and Wednesday afternoon. That’s more than six-and-a-half feet! In less than 24 hours.

The NWS has issued a lake effect snow warning and a wind chill advisory for Jefferson and Lewis counties.
Emergency officials are bracing for the worst.

Beginning at 8 p.m. Monday, the state Department of Transportation closed down Route 81 from Exit 45 (Arsenal Street) to Exit 33 (Parish).
Jefferson County also is declaring a state of emergency at 6 p.m. as a precaution.

The sheriff’s department also issued a no unnecessary travel advisory and a snow advisory effective He was told Watertown and areas to the north could see 18 to 24 inches of snow by Wednesday afternoon.

Four feet of snow could fall on Adams and the southernmost parts of the county could see 5 feet to 80 inches of snow.

Joe Plummer, director of the county Office of Fire & Emergency Management, said there are no immediate plans to open an emergency operation center.

Jim Martin, head of Lewis County Emergency Management, said he will temporarily pull snow plows off the road if conditions become too dangerous.

See entire article and video:

How awful is it in Buffalo and Tug Hill? See for yourself
See several videos, including “Blizzard warning for Buffalo”: 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

wow thats crazy.  

Lot of roofing work come spring .

Just our lord creating jobs

Since our GOVT doesnt seem to be able to.

Yep God will take up the slack.  :)

Thanks for the comment Dog and not to argue your thoughts but gee I think God could come up with a much better idea / plan  :) :)  --  It is  hard to imagine being buried under that much snow - and the possible damage to structures  alone besides the concern for cooped up animals inside and the ones outside - I pray for all that may be affected and give thanks that my burdens are lighter -

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Its always easier calling it from the armchair, though I've been in the parallel of that chair.... Hope Joe Plummer the Director has a hard line, a contingency (if he waits too long), and he considers opening up an EOU the second it looks like its even close to that amount of snowfall.... With something this unusual or atypical, its always what you don't know that you don't know that will take you down... And it always amazes me how many EOCs forget to stock their own area during these events...

All the best to those in that area. Take care of yourselves and each other.

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 2

Well I will consider us here very lucky, even though I must admit, freezing for us is horrible. Will pray for all of those who have no homes or shelter and especially for the animals. Guess we do not have anything to b**ch about here. 

Edited by vietnam1969
  • Upvote 1