Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly - January 8, 2014

Adam Montana

Good morning and Happy New Year to you all! I hope you all had a
safe and wonderful holiday season.

As we head into 2014 with a long year behind us, I want to take a
short moment to remind you to focus on the BIG picture. Sometimes
it's easy to get distracted by the little brush fires that constantly pop
up in any major event or undertaking… and that is Iraq's situation.
They are progressing towards a monumental return to their former
glory, and along the way things will happen. 

As long as they keep progressing, I'm still confident in their upcoming
success.

Speaking of "monumental" and "success", one of the best bits of
news floating around out there is the CBI being accepted into the
BIS and expecting an official credit rating shortly. The unofficial
rate is "B"… more on that later.

The BIS will only be dealing with the CBI (Central Bank of Iraq), not
Warka or National Bank of Iraq or any other bank… only the CBI.
Turki tells us that "BIS plans annually to invest cash reserves deposited
with him by the world's central banks…"

Basically, the CBI was just accepted into the Big Boy Club, and
the path to major international transactions is opening wide! How
can that NOT be good for us?! 

Here's some food for thought... would it make sense, when ReValuing 
the Dinar, to use the Credit Rating as a ratio, since the Dinar is pegged 
directly to the Dollar?

I think it's going to have some influence, at the very least! :twothumbs:

And without further adieu… here's the weekly questions! I will sprinkle
some more tidbits throughout.

waitingondinar Hi Adam,   Iraq stated they began placing tariffs on products coming into the country. I believe they said the tariff is 20% on the incoming products.
Don't they need a rate for currency so they will know if the tariff is taxed at a rate that makes sense for the country?

Not only do they need a rate, they need imports upon which to collect 

said tariffs. With the value of the dinar so low, it makes no sense to put 

efforts into creating and enforcing tariffs.

The more I hear about tariffs, the more I say "GOOD! RV to an increased 

rate so people will be buying things to be imported, and collect the revenue

to help pay for the RV. Everyone wins!"

TexasMike1958 HI Adam....and HNY.  Do you believe the takeover of Fallujah by A-Q will have a negative effect on our investment?? The tariff being implemented sounds good, but this stuff about Fallujah sure doesn't smell right to me.  What is your take on it??

Great question, and probably the only negative thing I see happening right 
now. Luckily Iraq is out of Chapter 7 and is free to fight for themselves, so 
we should see a quick resolution to this one way or another. 

new york kevin Hello there and good day to you. How will the dynamics and fallout from this Fallujah dust up effect the dynamics of the Iraqi economic policy, the manuvers of Maliki in public and behind doors. Will Maliki use this as an excuse to squash the rebellion and Sunni people, consolidate and hold onto power in any event; or will he kick them out of Fallujah and chase them back into Syria, perhaps using the new Russian attack helicopters, gain control of Iraq's borders, show how tough he is and then let the constitution and elections rule. and let this puppy RV/RI/increase in value.? 

Maliki may very well do exactly that! I was pondering the exact same thing 
over the last couple days. I'll add to your thoughts one thing - US Congress 
has been delaying sending US arms (including Apache helicopters!) to Iraq 
for exactly that reason... because some believe Maliki would use our weapons 
against the Sunnis. If Iraq ends up in desperate need of these instruments, and 
it finally gets through our Congress and into his hands, we may be looking at a
major power shift in Iraq. If that happens, things will move even faster than ever!

Hellifiknow Hello adam  What's this I hear UN may reinstate ch.7 sanctions? Seriously bad for dinarians I imagine ?   But will iraq not need money to fight the crime in their society ? Money can't buy you love but you will need some to run a gov. How long can they keep running iraq on/with a worthless currency?
Tks 4 all U do go rv

Hogwash.

calkid11 Hello Adam, have you heard anything new on the HCL? Was wondering if they were covering it up with different stories.
wishing you a late happy holidays for you & your family and all the Mods out there.
Thank you for all you and the mods do for us here.

Nothing significant, unfortunately. My opinion is that it is ready to go... they 
are just waiting on the other pieces to line up, and then everything happens 
at once.

:twocents:

mrref ...why would they RV as long as the US Dollar is still available to them?? I mean come on they can live on the US Dollar for however long it takes..

Living on the dollar is fine, but it's still 1166 dinars. They aren't doing themselves 
any favors by keeping the rate of the dinar low.

Once the rate of the dinar is back up, they won't want to use dollars anymore.

vietnam1969  Good day Adam, staff, mods and fellow members.  Recently I read an article which stated that the Renmindi could be the next reserve currency since the US dollar is and has been losing value for some time now. Considering that China has almost  four trillion US dollars in their vaults and God only knows how many dinar stashed away, what is your thought on how this could affect our investment in dinar or would this have no impact on it? Thanks 

That's a good question, but I don't see the investment being affected by a change 
in the reserve currency. The value is still the same until it is changed, whether it's 
written in spanish, english, or chinese.

dantach How will Iraq's proven inability to protect their wealth affect the future RV?

Actually, I think the opposite is true. Iraq's Dinar lost value at one point in somewhat 
recent history. Since that time, they have consistently proven their ability to raise 
and maintain the value.

With that said, their track record looks very favorably on their ability to RV. :twothumbs:

boosterbglee Adam…sorry about your Packers!  It was a good effort!

That was a GREAT game! I never expected to make it that far, and them boys put 
in a great effort! :)

Rusty69 Hi Adam; What are Your Thoughts on the ISX being an Indicator or Gauge in relation to the Dinar international Rate?

Hey Rusty, good question. Since we won't have significant warning prior to a major 
rate change, I believe the ISX is a follower, not a leader. :twocents:

===========================

That's about it for this week (SO FAR!). 

Stay warm, it's cold out there for most of us!

• Upvote 18
  • Downvote 5

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Good morning Adam.I see lately that Iraq has paid out some contracts in Trillions of Dinar.if the contractor held on to that dinar and it RV'S,would the contractor be a Gazillionaire?just thinking.Thank you,Adam

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/169168-questions-for-adams-chat-1-8-2014/#ixzz2ppKNj3Le

I noticed you skip this important and excellent question by longtime member STEALTH WARRIOR.  It was 7th on the list.  Any reason why?  I was looking forward to this response, if you had one.

Edited by Gunshow2425
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

CNN. << BREAKING NEWS >> From The DV News Section .....

0703_bozo_clown_bn_ap.jpg

CNN. Broadcasting Near Sighted From Kurdistan !

Kurdistan: the oil agreement with Baghdad is near

01/08/2014 04:33
A member of the House of Representatives for the Kurdistan Alliance, Mohammed Qasim, said that the agreement was reached between the central government and the region on oil contracts is near.

According to Qasim's (IMN), that "the recent visits by a delegation of the Kurdistan region, and the statements of Deputy Prime Minister for Energy, Hosni al-Shahristani, are also asserts that the agreements have become very close."

He added that "the next few days will witness a development in the relations between the central and regional governments on oil agreements."

The Kurdistan Regional Government has entered into contracts with several international oil companies without reference to the federal government, which blew a great debate in the country.

http://translate.goo.../news/iraqnews/

- CNN

B)       B)      B)

• Upvote 7

CNN. << BREAKING NEWS >> From The DV News Section .....

0703_bozo_clown_bn_ap.jpg

CNN. Broadcasting Near Sighted From Kurdistan !

Kurdistan: the oil agreement with Baghdad is near

01/08/2014 04:33

A member of the House of Representatives for the Kurdistan Alliance, Mohammed Qasim, said that the agreement was reached between the central government and the region on oil contracts is near.

According to Qasim's (IMN), that "the recent visits by a delegation of the Kurdistan region, and the statements of Deputy Prime Minister for Energy, Hosni al-Shahristani, are also asserts that the agreements have become very close."

He added that "the next few days will witness a development in the relations between the central and regional governments on oil agreements."

The Kurdistan Regional Government has entered into contracts with several international oil companies without reference to the federal government, which blew a great debate in the country.

http://translate.goo.../news/iraqnews/

- CNN

B)       B)      B)

Ha Ha!   he said..."The next few days"...Ha ha ha.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I do remember seeing that un official credit rating somewhere in the past

Hopfully the new official rating will be higher

Iraqs debt to GDP is 31 percent

The USA is 101 percent

It would seem Iraq is in a position to make payments better than the USA who has a triple AAA rating

But I'm sure there's other factors in play here like security

• Upvote 1

I believe we are no longer AAA+

2012[edit]

Although as of September, 2012, none of the Big Three have taken any downgrade action after S&P's August 2, 2011 downgrade from AAA to AA+, Egan-Jones downgraded twice further in 2012. After its initial rating cut on July 16, 2011 from AAA to AA+, Egan-Jones cut its rating a second time on April 5, 2012 from AA+ to AA "because of the lack of any tangible progress on addressing the problems and the continued rise in debt to GDP."[30] On September 14, 2012, Egan-Jones cut its rating a third time from AA to AA-, the lowest of what is considered "high grade", as a reaction to QE3.[31]

2013[edit]

On October 15, 2013 the credit agency Fitch warned that it may cut the U.S. credit rating, citing the political brinkmanship over raising the federal debt ceiling. [32]

On October 17, 2013 Dagong Global Credit Rating downgraded the United States from A to A-, and maintained a negative outlook on the country's credit.[33]

Consequences to Credit Rating Agencies[edit]

This is from Wiki...I know not the best link...I will look for something more reliable later

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_federal_government_credit-rating_downgrades

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 1