Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ronald Reagan gave Saddam Hussein chemical weapons to fight Iran

Gunshow2425

September 10, 2013 , <---IT SAYS THIS DATE, BUT IT CAME OUT TODAY OUT OF THE WOODWORKS.

It is important to remember times in history when the United States supplied dictators with weapons that are condemned today.

The time is December 1983 near the middle of President Ronald Reagan's first term. Iran and Iraq are at war, and Iran is gaining the upper hand in the military struggle. In an effort to stave off Iranian Islamic dominance in the region President Reagan sent Donald Rumsfeld to broker a secret deal with Saddam Hussein. In the secret 90-minute meeting Rumsfeld arranged for Saddam Hussein to acquire sarin nerve gas, anthrax, bubonic plague, along with others. He also arranged for Iraq to receive billions of dollars in loans to pay for these weapons.

How would Rumsfeld be able to do this? From the years 1977 to 1985 Donald Rumsfeld was the CEO of a major pharmaceutical corporation known as Searle & Company which, coincidentally enough, was sold to Monsanto in 1985.

Records also show that then CIA Director William Casey personally involved himself in assisting funneling cluster bombs to Iraq through a foreign shell company.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ronald-reagan-gave-saddam-hussein-chemical-weapons-to-fight-iran?

Later in 1988 United States intelligence agencies alerted Iraq to Iranian troop movements, and Iraq responded with a barrage of chemical weapon attacks.

This information remained sealed as a state secret until it was released by the State Department due to a Freedom of Information Act request.

• Upvote 3

BULLSHEIT. Let's see Bill Clinton sold every inch of America to the Russians.

I can prove it because Hilarious had a top secret eyes only meeting that only I am

privy to with Putin in which she promised sexual favors to the entire politburo. Something

involving the use of knee pads. To make him president of Russia in exchange Putin

would do for every democrat what hilarious did to the pulitbouro so that hilarious will

be America's next prez. And you can take that to the bank.

Sad part is stupid libs would believe this story.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

BULLSHEIT. Let's see Bill Clinton sold every inch of America to the Russians.

I can prove it because Hilarious had a top secret eyes only meeting that only I am

privy to with Putin in which she promised sexual favors to the entire politburo. Something

involving the use of knee pads. To make him president of Russia in exchange Putin

would do for every democrat what hilarious did to the pulitbouro so that hilarious will

be America's next prez. And you can take that to the bank.

Sad part is stupid libs would believe this story.

huh?

Yea 100% of all republicans do everything right. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

Yep and it is G. W. Bush fault. Man are we grasping for anything that might get some traction. All we need to do is deflect interest any way we can, Just get the American people interested in something other than what we are doing in the cesspool.

• Upvote 3

Ronald Reagan did

Lol

What did Reagan carry the chemical weapons around in his pocket ?

I'm not sure the us was using chemical weapons themselves

There were no sanctions on Iraq during the 80s

So anyone could sell them chemicals that could be used to make chemical weapons

And chemical weapons are not sitting around armed with chemicals

They arm them if they would be using them

Saddam had lots of precursors to make up chemical weapons

And the chemicals could be mixed fairly quickly

Only one percent of saddams arsenal came from the USA

Russia France and Germany did way more to arm Iraq than the USA did

We do have bs reporters in the us just like Iraq has and political pundents who twist the truth on any opportunity to advance their own agendas

I believe it was only 1 percent came from the usa

Rep. Nancy Pelosi, a strong supporter of military strikes, echoed that argument on Tuesday. She noted that as far back as 1925, nearly 40 nations had joined together to ban the first use of chemical weapons when the Geneva Protocol was signed. (Her mention of 170 countries appears to refer to the 1993 Chemical Weapons Convention, which seeks to prohibit the production of chemical weapons and mandates their destruction; Syria has refused to sign the treaty, though 189 other countries have signed it.)

• Upvote 1

We will never know exactly what happened

Some things are just covert

No documentation

Iranians were using waves of suicide bombers against Iraq

Things were different back then ya just defeated your enemy's

Now days to be politically correct the leftist a want you to wait till your bombed then take it to court with lawyers

Only problem is the suicide bombers are dead too

So they expect people to just get killed while they wait for trials to reach the courts

In the mean time suicide bombers line up

If this is the route the left wing wants to take I'm sure the terrorists would like to overwhelm our courts with thousands of cases

The rest want preemption strikes. Why wait for them to kill a hundred people so you can prosecute a dead suicide bomber

We already know he did it

No trials necessary

Find out whos sending them training them and pay them the same respect a hundred fold

• Upvote 2

We're supposed to believe "The Detroit Liberal Examiner" ???? 

Yea that sounds like an unbiased news source.

Just google it. don't try to confuse people who don't check sources.  There are many other sites that say it.

And its based out of Colorado.

Ay, yi, yi

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/odonnell-reagan-let-saddam-buy-and-use

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-153210/Rumsfeld-helped-Iraq-chemical-weapons.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-and-iraq-go-way-back/

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he_gassed_iran#sthash.Q1QE7q2b.dpbs

Heres a few others

Edited by Gunshow2425

Ya but this topic states Ronald Reagan gave Hussein chemical weapons

When the links you provide does not say that

It says they knew saddam used them

The USA didn't have chemical weapons to give to saddam Hussein

The article is twisted lies from a left wing sludge tank

The use of chemical weapons in war is banned under the Geneva Protocol of 1925, which states that parties "will exert every effort to induce other States to accede to the" agreement. Iraq never ratified the protocol; the United States did in 1975. The Chemical Weapons Convention, which bans the production and use of such arms, wasn't passed until 1997, years after the incidents in question. - See more at: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he_gassed_iran#sthash.Q1QE7q2b.IOb3sZAF.dpuf

They knew saddam used them just like they used them in Syria last year

How are suicide bombers rated in this discussion

That's what the Iranians were using against Iraq in the 80s

Kinda like the Japanese comakozi

Suicide bombers ok

ChemicAl weapons bad

I can make chemical weapons in my living room

• Upvote 4

September 10, 2013 , <---IT SAYS THIS DATE, BUT IT CAME OUT TODAY OUT OF THE WOODWORKS.

It is important to remember times in history when the United States supplied dictators with weapons that are condemned today.

The time is December 1983 near the middle of President Ronald Reagan's first term. Iran and Iraq are at war, and Iran is gaining the upper hand in the military struggle. In an effort to stave off Iranian Islamic dominance in the region President Reagan sent Donald Rumsfeld to broker a secret deal with Saddam Hussein. In the secret 90-minute meeting Rumsfeld arranged for Saddam Hussein to acquire sarin nerve gas, anthrax, bubonic plague, along with others. He also arranged for Iraq to receive billions of dollars in loans to pay for these weapons.

How would Rumsfeld be able to do this? From the years 1977 to 1985 Donald Rumsfeld was the CEO of a major pharmaceutical corporation known as Searle & Company which, coincidentally enough, was sold to Monsanto in 1985.

Records also show that then CIA Director William Casey personally involved himself in assisting funneling cluster bombs to Iraq through a foreign shell company.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ronald-reagan-gave-saddam-hussein-chemical-weapons-to-fight-iran?

Later in 1988 United States intelligence agencies alerted Iraq to Iranian troop movements, and Iraq responded with a barrage of chemical weapon attacks.

This information remained sealed as a state secret until it was released by the State Department due to a Freedom of Information Act request.

Ah.

Nice to have a bit of "liberal" truth be told here on DV. As we can see from Lady Grace, unfortunately, this will be met with denial.

This is called "realpolitik" and it's what is not on the mainstream news.

Other "realpolitik"  tidbits:

Saddam was our man in Iraq.

Bin Laden was on our payroll in Afghanistan.

We had our hand in both sides of the Iran/Iraq war.

Yes, we sold Saddam chemical weapons - do you think he could make them himself?

Yes, lots of money exchanged hands with Saddam - war is the biggest business in the world.

GW Bush met with Tony Blair of Britain before the Iraq war and discussed how to fool the American public with a false flag incident to start the war. (Downing Street memos)

War is profitable - Especially when there are a lot of gullible people who have never read history willing to fight for "freedom."

We're supposed to believe "The Detroit Liberal Examiner" ???? 

Yea that sounds like an unbiased news source.

Yes.

Better to listen to FOX...

Which by the way is now BANNED from broadcasting in Canada to to their journalism laws....AMAZING!!!!!!!

They actually have laws against LYING in Canada. At least come countries are civilized...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The United States did not sell chemical weapons to anyone

The United States didn't have any chemical weapons to sell to anyone

Your going to have to show me something other than a headline from a liberal sludge pit

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The United States did not sell chemical weapons to anyone

The United States didn't have any chemical weapons to sell to anyone

Your going to have to show me something other than a headline from a liberal sludge pit

I fixed your neg. If anybody should ban a media site it should be CNN and MSNBC. These guys are a  joke!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The use of chemical weapons in war is banned under the Geneva Protocol of 1925, which states that parties "will exert every effort to induce other States to accede to the" agreement. Iraq never ratified the protocol; the United States did in 1975. The Chemical Weapons Convention, which bans the production and use of such arms, wasn't passed until 1997, years after the incidents in question. - See more at: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2013/08/25/secret_cia_files_prove_america_helped_saddam_as_he_gassed_iran#sthash.Q1QE7q2b.IOb3sZAF.dpuf

Suicide bombers ok

ChemicAl weapons bad

Wait a minute...the US didn't have chemical weapons?

We created many of the worst chemical weapons - we were, and prob still are, at the forefront of research.

Russian and the US, along with some Euro countries were the ones with these weapons at the time

Suicide bombers ok

ChemicAl weapons bad

"Kamikaze" means "Divine Wind" and is spelled as such.

I love your research and analysis on the dinar, Dontlop.

It's great.

I suggest not venturing too far into media/political analysis-  if you have been educated on FOX

• Downvote 1

Ya ok so you follow kooks like Lou colagiovanni and enjoy where you end up

Do some reasearch on the guy who wrote this opinion article you pass off as news

Show me where the us govt makes chemical weapons

The only reasearch I know of is they make certain chemicals so they can make antidote incase these weapons were ever used on us citizens or military personal

This article is bogus

At the time I don't think so

The us signed a chemical weapons ban in. 1975

The Iran war wasn't till the 1980s

Ya I need to stand back for the expert claiming validity to a left wing crack pot

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 2

Non of the articles say the us sold them chemical weapons only the title of the article says the USA sold saddam chemical weapons

They are all referenced back to a Washington post article and it doesn't say the us sold saddam Hussein chemical weapons either

During the 1980s there were no sanctions on Iraq American company's were free to sell anything there

Most of the weapons were manufactured in Iraq the us was said to of supplied Iraq with one percent of its arsenal while France Italy Germany and Russia were saddams biggest suppliers

The CIA document that was released only says the USA was providing saddam with satellite Imagery during the war and saddam was using chemical weapons

The CIA document does not say that Rumsfeld supplied them it says he was at the time a successful executive at a pharmaceutical company

So the left wing ran with it and said the us sold chemical weapons to saddam Hussein

What a bunch of bogus bs

• Upvote 3

Non of the articles say the us sold them chemical weapons only the title of the article says the USA sold saddam chemical weapons

They are all referenced back to a Washington post article and it doesn't say the us sold saddam Hussein chemical weapons either

During the 1980s there were no sanctions on Iraq American company's were free to sell anything there

Most of the weapons were manufactured in Iraq the us was said to of supplied Iraq with one percent of its arsenal while France Italy Germany and Russia were saddams biggest suppliers

The CIA document that was released only says the USA was providing saddam with satellite Imagery during the war and saddam was using chemical weapons

The CIA document does not say that Rumsfeld supplied them it says he was at the time a successful executive at a pharmaceutical company

So the left wing ran with it and said the us sold chemical weapons to saddam Hussein

What a bunch of bogus bs

Dontlop, this is how the far left rolls. It makes me sick. The Larry King guy needs to get his facts straight. I'm with you 100%.  :moon-from-car:

I believe the story.

During my years in the military we had to pull maintenance on lots of old chemical mortar shells and artillery shells from WWII.

They still store them and keep them ready for use. Very hazardous work being that they are so old!

We did the same for old nuclear rounds too. I wonder what they did will all the artillery shells since we no longer have 8" guns to shoot them?

That sounds exactly like how our folks in Washington deal with foreign policy.

Saddam was our friend one minute until he threatened our resources in Saudi. Then overnight he became our enemy.

When will Washington learn that we can not buy everyone around the globe?

We arm resistence fighters to battle nations that we are not allied with - only to find those same weapons shooting at US soldiers later.

The United States of America is the number one arm's supplier in the world.

Meanwhile at home, the tree huggers want to take away our guns! LOL

The United States

Doesn't manufacture anything

Businesses do

We would which company makes chemical weapons if someone made them people talk and media loves to expose them

Old chemical weapons ?

I didn't think anyone would store live chemical weapons

Even Syria mixes their precursors if they are going to use chemical weapons they don't store loaded chemical weapons

This is what saddam did he bought precursors

The things that sold seperatly are not anything but ingredients

Why do ya think these left wing articles only talk about them when their articles only include republicans and their explainations are so vague

They lead up to but never completely say anything that they would be liable for

Typical liberal article

Big bold letters Reagan gave saddam chemical weapons but when ya read the artical it doesn't say that

It says that Rumsfeld was a successful pharmcutical executive at one time in his Life

And they refer to a Washington post article who refers to a is document and neither say the words that Reagan gave "chemical weapons" to saddam

The guy who wrote the article is a blogger

That's it a blogger

He made up the headline to his artical himself it came out a few months back

• Upvote 2

It's how the left rolls

They keep saying it and eventually they have the kids saying its reality

They will only say it's been reported that

Or it's been reported this

But it never says that the reporting was twisted lies

They build off each others twisted reporting each article adding a little more untruths

Then the college kids really screw it up and lie like hell to the world and the rest of the world follows what these kids say

It's just a mess that these people don't follow thru and do a little investigating of these people who wrote things like that

They can't show anything. From anywhere that Reagan give Hussein chemical weapons yet the dope writes that as his title to get ratings

Oh he knows everyone will read that

And the more readers the more sponcers he gets

That guy is garbage just like his artical who wrote that

The headline is just to get readers to click on his post

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fnews/940025/posts

Read about Clinton what did that clown do for national security besides leave a national security disaster for bush

• Upvote 2