Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Israel May Start Paying For All Abortions For Women Between 20 And 33 Years Old

dinar_stud

For my fellow right wing religious conservatives, I would like to see you defend this. After all they are the "chosen" Ones.

Israel May Start Paying For All Abortions For Women Between 20 And 33 Years Old

Beginning in 2014, Israel may cover the cost of elective abortions for women in between the ages of 20 and 33. Health officials in the country recommended the new policy on Monday, and indicated they eventually intend to expand it to offer abortion funding to women of all ages. It now heads to country’s Health Ministry for approval.

In Israel, a health committee determines which treatments will be funded through government dollars by approving some medical services for inclusion in a state-subsidized “heath basket,” and sends their recommendations to the entire Health Ministry for official approval. Before the proposed update to this basket, women under the age of 20 or over the age of 40 could receive subsidized abortion services for personal reasons — but women in between those age groups could only get abortion funding if they were suffering a medical emergency, or if their pregnancy resulted from rape or incest.

If the policy is updated in line with the new recommendations, an additional 6,300 women may be eligible to seek state funding for abortion care.

In a press conference on Monday, the committee members explained that the rule change is necessary because not every women can afford the reproductive care she needs without state assistance. “It was brought to our attention that there is a large group of women between 20 and 40 who for various reasons — financial or reasons of secrecy — do not terminate pregnancies,” Prof. Jonathan Halevy, who heads the panel that makes the final recommendations for the health basket, explained.

Halevy indicated that the committee is waiting for more funding to be able to expand the health basket to include elective abortions for all age groups. State-subsidized contraceptives are not currently available because of limited funds; the committee was allowed to use the equivalent of $86 million USD to expand the services offered in the basket.

Abortion is less of a hot-button issue in Israel than it is in the United States. Although ending a pregnancy is technically illegal in Israel, punishable by up to five years in prison, there are a wide range of exceptions under which abortion is permitted. Before obtaining state funding for abortion, women have to appear before a government panel of experts and explain why they need one — but approval is practically automatic. Women seeking abortions do not need consent from a man, and minors don’t need consent from their parents. Women serving in the military have access to at least one state-funded abortion.

Here in the United States, lawmakers have taken the opposite approach, moving to ban taxpayer-funded abortions at all costs. The strict separation between state dollars and abortion services has resulted in a deep economic divide among the women who have unintended pregnancies. The poorest women in the U.S. often can’t afford the cost of abortion, and end up slipping deeper into poverty after carrying unintended pregnancies to term. Nonetheless, a mounting pile of state-level abortion restrictions continues to drive up the cost of reproductive care in this country.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

dinar_stud i could give a fly funk either way on the subject but I'd like to take this opportunity as the first to comment on your mental state. To post this artical as an expression of your concerns prove to me, and I could care less of your opinion, that your an induction of strife. The commands I over saw in multible threater involved personel with your contempt toward the the deteriation of morral and causes instability. I could care less about this or any other aspect of what you have to say or any comment which after this post is irrelivant. Point bein', there are people in this world that matter and then there are people that just pass through without any meaning of substance. I thank God as I bend on my knees every night for his blessings and tonite I will thank him for a simple lesson I learned from a wise Mom he blessed me with. One of the first lessons that wise woman taught me was.''If ya aint got nothing 'Good to say, it's best to just say nothing at all''...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

You must be Born again as per Acts 2:37,38 to become a chosen one now. Repent , and be baptized in the name of Jesus for remission of sins and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Galations3:20 those who are under the works of the law are under a curse.

• Upvote 3

DS - regarding your opening salvo - "For my fellow right wing religious conservatives, I would like to see you defend this. After all they are the "chosen" Ones."

The Bible is full of people that sinned, including the Israelites - and they've never stopped. Being a "chosen one" does not prevent one from sinning - and has absolutely no bearing on being chosen or not. So your opening sentence makes absolutely no sense nor is it relevant to the rest of the article. I am very sorry for you that you are so filled with spite that you post this kind of drivel. Flame or neg away - I don't care - your attitude just makes me very sad for you. I'm sure this will just tick you off to no end - but I'll add you to my prayer list.  :angel:  :peace:

• Upvote 8

I step away for a tad and DinarStud, your still at it.  That's okay, I pray that one of our post will shift your heart. 

Israel is filled with sinners just as our America is.  The chosen's are there, fighting the battle of evil to remain the chosen. Just like we Christians, fight the battle of keeping Gods love alive in the hearts of many. Whether it be with our politicians, chief in command, we will continue not be silent.   

I commend you all that defend life at all levels. 

DinarStud, tons of prayers in your direction.  :praying:

• Upvote 7

unfortunately , we live in a society today that shuns the bible and God's word , We twist the knowledge of the bible to fit the degradation of our world that is continuing to fall in to unmanageable sin. The Israeli people are God's chosen ones however remember that God gives free will and there are sinners among us as I to am a confessed sinner. 

If you hold it up to the word and it is not right you should not do it . That's it period. God will be the judge in the end and maybe the end is closer than we think. I am not a doomsday heretic, but truly believe the world is spinning out of control and judgement will come but with God's timing not mine... 

Remember the truth: 

God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son ,  whoever believes in him shall have ever  lasting life.  AMEN.. 

• Upvote 4

As a Jew, I might add a bit of information about how some Jews consider "life" verse "not yet alive" (?) issue. So the issue at hand is "When does like begin?" and, therefore, if abortion is murder, it is only murder when life has begun.

The Bible(Torah) is very clear on this issue (of when life begins) with "...and God breathe life into the nostril of Adam..." which CLEARLY states life begins when you can breath-have lung formation, etc

Therefore, a Jew would consider the beginning of life to be at such time the fetus can breath on its own or with medical intervention (I am not sure where the Rabbi's stand on this and, by-the-way, NOT everyone agrees with this point in my religion). I am not speaking of other Jews who have a difference of opinion, but this is how it was explained to me and I was still cautioned to make my own decision about it. I am against abortion at any time as I believe ALL life is from God and is special.

Cheers and I hope this helps! Dunno, just saying.....Peace

The nation of Israel is not the Chosen nation of God. To say that is just plain silly. ALL PEOPLE are of God.

• Upvote 3

As a Jew, I might add a bit of information about how some Jews consider "life" verse "not yet alive" (?) issue. So the issue at hand is "When does like begin?" and, therefore, if abortion is murder, it is only murder when life has begun.The Bible(Torah) is very clear on this issue (of when life begins) with "...and God breathe life into the nostril of Adam..." which CLEARLY states life begins when you can breath-have lung formation, etcTherefore, a Jew would consider the beginning of life to be at such time the fetus can breath on its own or with medical intervention (I am not sure where the Rabbi's stand on this and, by-the-way, NOT everyone agrees with this point in my religion). I am not speaking of other Jews who have a difference of opinion, but this is how it was explained to me and I was still cautioned to make my own decision about it. I am against abortion at any time as I believe ALL life is from God and is special.Cheers and I hope this helps! Dunno, just saying.....PeaceThe nation of Israel is not the Chosen nation of God. To say that is just plain silly. ALL PEOPLE are of God.

Genesis 18:14 holds the key to when life begins. When God forms life in the womb.
  • Upvote 1

Hey Thai, you know your tribe bud will have your back as to the Rabbinical position on this. I have not read one single post on this thread, and have only read your post, cause I am stalking you. I have no idea who said what or why, or when, or where for.... However, the Majority Opinion of the  Rabbinical council (their emphasis and capitalization not mine) is the following position, (quoted from the 7 page position statement):

The abortion question in talmudic law begins with examination of the fetus' legal status. For this the Talmud has a phrase ubar yerekh imo, a counterpart of the Latin pars viscera matris. The fetus is deemed a part of it's mother rather than an independent entity. 

The morality of abortion is a function, rather, of the legal attitude to feticide as distinguished from homicide or infanticide. The law of homicide in the Torah in one of its several formulations reads: "Makkeh ish.....(He who smites a man) (Exodus 21:12). Does this include any "man", say a day-old child? Yes , says the Talmud citing another text: ki yakkeh kol nefesh adam" (If one smite any nefesh adam) (Lev.24:17) literally, any human person. The "any" is understood to include the day old child, but the "nefesh adam" is taken to exclude the fetus in the womb for the fetus in the womb lav nefesh hu (not a person) until he is born. In the words of Rashi, "only when the fetus comes into the world" is it a "person". The basis then for denying capital crime status to feticide in Jewish law (even for those rabbis who may have wanted  to rule otherwise) is scriptural

"Life" may begin before  birth, but it is not the life of a human person: animal life, plant life, or even pre-human are not the same as human life. Rabbinic law has determined that human life begins with birth.

As you so aptly note ThaiExPat... we are all cautioned to make our own decision, and as you say the Torah as well as Jewish law is very clear as to the beginning of life. Like you, my personal choice as an individual  would be not to abort, and stands with you and the choices made by other Jews in their individual decisions relative to Jewish law.

In tribal bro ness........

• Upvote 5

JMO. I believe a life is created as soon as the DNA is combined to create a being. Humans created convenience abortions and therefor in my opinion not ment to be by nature and shouldn't be aloud. Abstinence is the only true way but grant it that condoms is the only other form of contraceptive that should be aloud as it is not actually altering the body in un-natural ways. The body does what it does to further procreation and ANY form un-natural to stop that is just that.., un-natural.

A short story! My oldest daughter is a typical sex active adult that has one child and another on the way with a different man but at least does not believe in abortions.., I don't condone her actions or brought her up that way but no ones perfect.. My youngest daughter is also an adult and just turned 19 and is a virgin. I know this because I'm very close to her and her boyfriend, she has been with her boyfriend for over a year and a half and lives with a year and continuing. My youngest understands fully about bringing a life in this world and wont do it until she can responsibly take care of that new life that will need her to protect. My daughters believe as I do (which is not hard to teach) and not matter the circumstance when pregnant as it means a human has been formed by two other beings and needs to have a chance to live outside the confines of the potential faults that my be present in the contributing DNA beings.., another words dont combine DNA to create a human on the premise of pleasure and destroy that being that was created to avoid responsibility. Just because no one remembers when they were in the womb doesnt mean that they werent a valid human being. This is how I look at this situation from my heart and soul. I just could not imagine my wife aborting any of our children and not know the loving and wonderful person we have created with our love and passion.

:peace:

TEXAS granny are we gonna have to see wade through 8 pages of crap on

this thread before it gets closed? We both know where it's going and I am

trying hard to bite my tongue. LOL

I am watching LGD - it will be closed if the discourse turns to name calling and hate. :angry:

I am quite sure dinar_stud posted the article with the explicit purpose of stirring up everyone's emotions and creating dissension. :angry:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 2

TEXAS granny are we gonna have to see wade through 8 pages of crap on

this thread before it gets closed? We both know where it's going and I am

trying hard to bite my tongue. LOL

Matthew 5:39

"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

WoW muffin quoting scripture.

hahahahahaha

Yeah thats different.

Keep it going sweety its the first thing I have seen you post that actually makes since

...makes SINCE when? hahahaha

Thanks, Rayzur for the clarification from our religions' POV. As always clear and well-spoken. Good to know, Skipper, has by 6.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, Rayzur for the clarification from our religions' POV. As always clear and well-spoken. Good to know, Skipper, has by 6.

I say,....... lets dance!!!!

BTW this interestingly swell idea came to me last night..... Lets trade houses for a month.... vacation time.... Nice huh.... :)

• Upvote 3