Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Daily Currency Auction - Saturday, 4 January 2014

ronscarpa

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (2567)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on Saturday, the 4th-Jan-2014 results were as follows:

DETAILS ------------------- & ----------------- NOTES

Number of banks ------------------------------ 19

Auction price selling dinar / US$ ----------- 1166

Auction price buying dinar / US$ ----------- -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) ------- 151,536,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) --------------- 151,536,000

Total offers for selling (US$) ---------------- -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

Well everyone, the Currency Auctions continue - but for how much longer we are uncertain.  Some newshounds & gurus are throwing out various dates in January, but only God knows what will really happen. Be Blessed & have a great weekend .... RON  :tiphat: 

• Upvote 4

Eventually the govt should just be stacking up dollars in the reserve and printing up dinar at its exchange rate and paying its govt employees and contractors in dinar

If I were them if change the exchange rate just like they said they were going to do to bring its value up

I'd give it as much value as I could squeeze out of the finance

Committee

And I'd add legal tender laws to the private sector in Iraq

They would all be using dinar in the local markets like it or not

If someone needs dollars for importing they would be forced to lose money on the transaction in the exchange process

Kinda like the opposit of what's going on right now in Iraq

Yep they would get rid of the dollars on the streets if I was running the show

• Upvote 9

Rather than looking at the auctions, I would focus on Obama's willful ceding of Iraq to Al Qaeda.  It is shameful what he has done in giving back the country to the terrorists.  Imagine if you had a loved one that died in Iraq ridding that nation of the same Islamists that Obama has now allowed to overrun major cities in Iraq.  What impact will that have on an RV?  Perhaps much more than auctions. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rather than looking at the auctions, I would focus on Obama's willful ceding of Iraq to Al Qaeda. It is shameful what he has done in giving back the country to the terrorists. Imagine if you had a loved one that died in Iraq ridding that nation of the same Islamists that Obama has now allowed to overrun major cities in Iraq. What impact will that have on an RV? Perhaps much more than auctions.

I find it remarkable that you are blaming the al quaida insurgence on Obama. Didn't he just give drones and weapons to Iraq? He removed troops because it was bankrupting our country and the longest war ever but I don't think we are to blame. Maliki has a huge role in this and have pushed the Sunnis to the brink of sanity.

Check out this article - it discusses the basis.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/01/04/al-qaeda-iraq-fallujah-ramadi/4317125/

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

All Iraq needed was to re educate its children for a future free market economy teach them to get along

Without the us presence in Iraq we see the results

Hopefully Iraq uses its military strength for the good of Iraq and runs these terrorists out but burying them with pig guts when they kill them

Their religious beliefs alone can be used to run them off

Pork gravy for all terrorists graves

• Upvote 1

Rather than looking at the auctions, I would focus on Obama's willful ceding of Iraq to Al Qaeda.  It is shameful what he has done in giving back the country to the terrorists.  Imagine if you had a loved one that died in Iraq ridding that nation of the same Islamists that Obama has now allowed to overrun major cities in Iraq.  What impact will that have on an RV?  Perhaps much more than auctions. 

I too was concerned when the troops were ordered out of Iraq. The issue was not "ceding of Iraq to Al Qaeda". It stemmed from Iraq's decision to recind immunity for our troops, meaning our troops could be tried and punished by an Iraqi court. http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2011/10/201110542732166322.html

This said, do you still feel the troops should have remained in Iraq? Just curious...

• Upvote 1

Thank you Dinsrian 64 and Amhvl for reminding everyone the truth as to why al-Qaeda has ramped up it's terror campaign in Iraq. I'm apolitical and have difficulty understanding why political parties keep getting interjected into many conversations on here. I've been blessed to have lived over half a century and have seen and heard a great deal but I have never,until the past 5 years, seen such blatant disrespect and horrible language thrust at a man that was elected our president.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Surely your joking Tennessee. OR are you saying that you never heard anyone call

Bush names? You never heard anyone saying they wanted to kill him. Seriously is

that what you're telling us? AMAZING. The truly sad part is that people who are

agenda driven and incapable of seeing the truth don't understand that there blatant

desire to live irresponsible, unaccountable lives have brought this nation to the brink

of self destruction. People are going to die, and these blind idiots will blame everyone

but themselves.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Surely your joking Tennessee. OR are you saying that you never heard anyone call

Bush names? You never heard anyone saying they wanted to kill him. Seriously is

that what you're telling us? AMAZING. The truly sad part is that people who are

agenda driven and incapable of seeing the truth don't understand that there blatant

desire to live irresponsible, unaccountable lives have brought this nation to the brink

of self destruction. People are going to die, and these blind idiots will blame everyone

but themselves.

The jury is still out on the "elected" status. Sounds to me T C needs to have eyes and ears examined. Obama has definately put this country in dire straits. Come on 2016.

Rates on the CBI still haven't been updated from 31.12.2013.... I guess the auction rates do the job though.

I just checked the rate. Still no change. 7:48 eastern time. It's very odd, to have an auction, and not adjust the rate.

• Upvote 1