Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Marijuana Overdoses Kill 37 in Colorado On First Day of Legalization

adlon

Colorado is reconsidering its decision to legalize recreational pot following the deaths of dozens due to marijuana overdoses.

According to a report in the Rocky Mountain News, 37 people were killed across the state on Jan. 1, the first day the drug became legal for all adults to purchase. Several more are clinging onto life in local emergency rooms and are not expected to survive.

"It's complete chaos here," says Dr. Jack Shepard, chief of surgery at St. Luke's Medical Center in Denver. "I've put five college students in body bags since breakfast and more are arriving every minute.

"We are seeing cardiac arrests, hypospadias, acquired trimethylaminuria and multiple organ failures. By next week the death toll could go as high as 200, maybe 300. Someone needs to step in and stop this madness. My god, why did we legalize marijuana? What were we thinking?"

Colorado and Washington state approved the sale of marijuana for recreational use in November though statewide ballot measures. Under the new policies pot is legal for adult use, regulated like alcohol and heavily taxed.

One of the principal arguments of legalization advocates was that cannabis has long been considered safer than alcohol and tobacco and was not thought not to cause overdose. But a brave minority tried to warn Coloradans of the drug's dangers.

"We told everyone this would happen," says Peter Swindon, president and CEO of local brewer Molson Coors. "Marijuana is a deadly hardcore drug that causes addiction and destroys lives.”

"When was the last time you heard of someone overdosing on beer? All these pro-marijuana groups should be ashamed of themselves. The victims' blood is on their hands."

One of the those victims was 29-year-old Jesse Bruce Pinkman, a former methamphetamine dealer from Albuquerque who had recently moved to Boulder to establish a legal marijuana dispensary.

Pinkman was partying with friends when he suffered several seizures and a massive heart attack which ultimately proved to be fatal. Toxicology reports revealed that marijuana was the only drug present in his system.

"This is just a terrible tragedy," says his friend Peter. "Jesse was trying to go legit and now this happens? I guess drugs really are as dangerous as they say."

Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper, who opposed the ballot initiative that legalized the drug, says he will call a special legislative session to try and overturn the new law.

"We can't sit idly by and allow this slaughter to continue," he said during a press conference Thursday.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

What a load of BS!!!!!! ive never known anyone that has died from overdose of weed now alcohol ive seen them close to death from alcohol poisoning. If you smoke too much your brain just tells your body its sleepy time.  Yea you might wake up still stoned but it will go away in a day or two.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 3

marijuana is a natural pain reliever. big pharm hates it.

similar to the tobacco companies assault on e cigarretes

not only that studies have shown that thc from cannabis oil can kill cancer cells as well.. BIG pharma has to keep it illegal cant make money on people being cured only off the sick and to keep treating them with poison.

• Upvote 3

I too call bullsh**.... if this was true then someone had better look into what their weed is being laced with because it would not be caused by weed itself...Always someone trying to start crap...

yes, pure strains will NOT kill anyone unless its synthetic or laced with another harmful drug which then can in fact kill someone.

Edited by easyrider

You can buy an ounce if your a resident

An ounce at a time

An ounce a day

An ounce a month

I didnt see that part

Are you only allowed to posess an ounce at a time

Maybe an ounce at home

An ounce at work

An ounce in your car

What are they going to search your home if they see you smoking weed

How will they know how much you have or where it came from

Good luck collecting taxes

It won't be long before the black market takes over with home grown non taxes cheaper weed

Those Mexicans will control the market

The post was made for entertainment purposes only, since nothing has been happening on dinar street lately.

Sorry that some believed it to be real.  I thought the meth dealer going straight gave the article away.

Click on original article site below.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/?fb_action_ids=586381321434848&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B565788636838974%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map

• Upvote 2

The post was made for entertainment purposes only, since nothing has been happening on dinar street lately.

Sorry that some believed it to be real.  I thought the meth dealer going straight gave the article away.

Click on original article site below.

http://dailycurrant.com/2014/01/02/marijuana-overdoses-kill-37-in-colorado-on-first-day-of-legalization/?fb_action_ids=586381321434848&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B565788636838974%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.likes%22%5D&action_ref_map

Ok . Header was catchy no doubt.

Total Bs hahahahahahaha

If they were smokers before they legalized it and didnt die . Why would they be dying after they legalized it. 

I lived through the 60`s and never heard of anyone dying from reefer in my life.

Simple hog wash.   Perhaps they died from twinky overdose. Those munches are deadly 

***///

If this were true, there'd be an awful lot of dead Rastafarians, wouldn't there...? :shrug:

And last we heard, there're still plenty of them around, eh..?  :confused2:

Very true... And besides ... I've never heard of such a thing or even close to it not even when it comes to hard stuff..... I know People died and still die from overdoses but I've never heard of 37 dying in just one specific day  of heroin, cocaine or crack abuse  ( which is a very bad habit and those  doing it should quit as soon as possible, mind you).