Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where are you going to move to after it rvs'?

sheltagar

Smack in the middle of hurricane ally.    No thank you not for me.

Umbertino what part of Italy do you recommend ?

Mount Vesuvius .......

Then U Won't Be Complaining About The Hurricanes .......

• Upvote 2

Smack in the middle of hurricane ally.    No thank you not for me.

Umbertino what part of Italy do you recommend ?

MIT....In the link I gave they explained ( I'm no expert  so I can't be sure) they had checked the Hurricane rate in that very area  where they intended to build the city and it was extremely low.....Project appears (ed) very ambitious nonetheless.

To answer your question about what part of Italy I'd recommend... There are many nice areas here but then of course it depends on the Individual's taste...The North can be very cold in the wintertime with the exception of Region Liguria ( with a long shore) whose climate is mitigated and it may have incredibly great temperatures during the winter... It's a sort of Italian Florida in that sense even though not as good for climate. Genova is a beautiful city, Sanremo and there are many enchented areas as "Le Cinque Terre" ( the five lands) , Moneglia, of course super-expensive Portofino, etc.

In the central part there's of course beautiful Tuscany and also beautiful Umbria Region ( Perugia, Assisi, etc.)... Then there's  Rome in the Lazio Region.

In the South the climate is surely better during the cold season but the infrastructures there are not so good. The good thing is that cost of living is sensibly lower than in the the North and Center of the Country.. There are some nice areas in the Campania ( Naples) Region and in Sicily ( also some in Puglia, where they make the best olive oil in the world) and in Calabria too.

Then there's Sardegna ( Sardinia) .. Beautiful but incredibly expensive in some specific areas ( Costa Smeralda, Porto Cervo, etc.)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

If you love mountains , then obviously the North is your place , esp. my Region Trentino - Alto Adige with the Dolomites etc...But there are also a lot of lakes in the North , like Lake Garda ( biggest in the Country) with a lot of beautiful villages all around and also seaside places like Liguria and also in the Veneto ( Venezia/Venice) Region and in the Emilia-Romagna Region ( Rimini, Riccione,etc.)

Mount Vesuvius .......

Then U Won't Be Complaining About The Hurricanes .......

lol.....Either that or Mount Etna, Sicily.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

If you love mountains , then obviously the North is your place , esp. my Region Trentino - Alto Adige with the Dolomites etc...But there are also a lot of lakes in the North , like Lake Garda ( biggest in the Country) with a lot of beautiful villages all around and also seaside places like Liguria and also in the Veneto ( Venezia/Venice) Region and in the Emilia-Romagna Region ( Rimini, Riccione,etc.)

lol.....Either that or Mount Etna, Sicily.

Hubby and I plan on spending a few weeks with Umbertino and we are going to travel Italy and find out where I want to vacation then maybe live.

You ok with this Umbert??

• Upvote 2

Somewhere very close to the water. I love boats and fishing, Most likely Venice Florida. (Florida doesn't have a state tax also) And live a normal life, maybe join Habitat for Humanity. I also love to build things. :)

Edited by lost one

Mexico....I'm going to work the marijuana fields, refuse to speak Spanish, get paid in local currency then send it back to the states, bring my Finnish family and all the relatives, incite border conflicts for smuggling lutefisk, take advantage of all their government benefits while demanding they make me a citizen and fly their national flag upside down. Seems to work here.

A little illegal alien issues, lets get them out now (if you worked in the marijuana fields, you wouldn't care about anything).. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by lost one
  • Upvote 1

south of  dallas, fort worth area ,  and hopefully be able to keep this place for the hot HOT  summer  days  love the swimming hole we have here !    anyone in the texas region I am talking about ? looking for a nice 25 to 50 acre  spot in hill county area ,  with  a walk out basement type  ranch !   4 or 5  bedroom ,  2 or 3 full bath 

oh  and  house  help  to keep it dusted   lol

:lol:

I was thinking of NW Austin, but I would love the country. I want trees around me. I love SE Oklahoma. I drove through there recently and was amazed at the beauty. I use to dream of building a home up there in the woods. Maybe I will have two homes, one for relaxation and one for the city life. LOL. But I do like the idea of your type of ranch home jeepguy!

• Upvote 1

This is Hubby and I pulling up to Umberts home

mochila_enorme.jpg

big-backpack-2005.jpg

Awesome... Those 2  giant backpacks together are bigger than my proletarian apt.....Smile.

Hopefully will move on to a bigger one if / when I happen to get some money.

Edited by umbertino

Mexico....I'm going to work the marijuana fields, refuse to speak Spanish, get paid in local currency then send it back to the states, bring my Finnish family and all the relatives, incite border conflicts for smuggling lutefisk, take advantage of all their government benefits while demanding they make me a citizen and fly their national flag upside down. Seems to work here.

Who Would Want To Move To Mexico ? :blink:

Between All Of The Drug Cartels And Now These Roving Lutefisk Gangs ...

:D:D:D

• Upvote 4

Some place warmer in the winter with no or minimal taxes and home in the spring/summer/fall. Someplace with good water and fishing, sailing and quiet - that I don't have to knock on the wall and ask the neighbor to turn it down or off because my kitchen table is rumbling across the floor from the music next door.

• Upvote 1