Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI rates look funny

chinadawg

It says you are right here

http://mycalendar.org/Holiday/Iraq/

Events for the Iraq 2014 Holiday Calendar
right.gif Iraq Calendar has 21 events

1st January    New Year   6th January    Army Day   14th January    Mawlid Al-Nabi  Mohammad is a prophet and founder o ... 8th February    Ramadan Revolution   21st March    Spring Day   1st April    Daylight Savings Start   17th April    Liberation Day   1st May    Labor Day  Day of honoring workers 27th May    Lailat Al-Mi'raj  Ascent of the Prophet 14th July    July 14 Revolution   17th July    National Day   29th July    Eid Al-Fitr  End of Ramadan, end of a month-long ... 30th July    Eid Al-Fitr (2nd Day)   31st July    Eid Al-Fitr (3rd Day)   8th August    Cease-fire Day  End of Iran-Iraq War 1st October    Daylight Savings End   5th October    Eid Al-Adha  Feast of Sacrifice 6th October    Eid Al-Adha (2nd Day)   7th October    Eid Al-Adha (3rd Day)   25th October    El-Hijra  Islamic New Year 3rd November    Ashura  The tenth day of the month of Muhar ...
Edited by SnowGlobe7

The CBI rates have always looked funny to me lol... Seriously though, it happens all of the time. I used to check their site often but, don't anymore and the same thing was happening then so, I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

I truly wish people would stop saying, "I've seen this before". No you haven't. At least

not in the last 4 years. We've seen dashes through some countries. We've seen days

without an update. But we have not seen it simply BLANK.

Does that mean an RV? Who knows, but some of us choose to hope. ESPECIALLY in

something other than a moron from Chicago.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I truly wish people would stop saying, "I've seen this before". No you haven't. At least

not in the last 4 years. We've seen dashes through some countries. We've seen days

Hey I am from Chicago :) :)  JK...I knew what you meant!!

I do agree with you...this is not something that has happened before. I really really really would like it to mean something....but I have been on this way to long and until it changes and I can see it...I will be just cautiously optimistic :)

LGD - I believe you are correct in "both" your observations!   :)

• Upvote 1

ladyGrace'sdaddy,

Well, I did see it last year! I have no reason to lie about this. I want an RV just as much as anyone else here but, I'm not going to make something up just because.

I said what I said because I did in fact see many blanks and dashes on the CBI website last year on different occasions and I believe someone on DR brought it up in conversation at that time. I have not frequented DR in a while but, I remember this because I saw it with my own eyes and people were getting all worked up about it and I wondered why ... same as I am wondering now.

If people want to get technical about it, then maybe we can agree that not all of us have seen the CBI website completely blank before but I seriously don't feel that there is any logical reason to get in a frenzy over it because I guarantee that if there had been an RV that we would know about it.

Just hate seeing others get their hopes dashed all of the time. Because people want this SO badly they grasp on to anything they can. It's not healthy... and I would rather stay closer to the ground myself.

Not disrespect intended at all here. I respect everyone's opinion.

In the interest of being technical, LOL (and I too mean no disrespect) but what were

all saying is that we have never seen all blanks. Sure we've seen blank spots and of course

the everpresent dashes, but the entire currency part is gone from the Arabic side.

Again this could easily be nothing, but there's nothing wrong with hoping otherwise.

ESPECIALLY when you consider all the other news. For instance the fact that it is

clear that HCL is going to be implemented with this budget. But that doesn't guarantee

an RV either. Or the news articles telling us how many foreign banks are easing foreign

currency transfers, again that doesn't guarantee an RV either. How about the Anbar

crises, and how Baghdad seems to have shown the world Iraq can provide security.

Of course that doesn't guarantee an RV either. And how many articles telling us how

many different infrastructure projects are to be implemented this year. And now it seems

some are getting a little anxious about the passage of the budget so as to begin those

projects. Of course, again that doesn't guarantee an RV.

We've seen so much in the last few weeks that I don't think a little bit of excitement is

out of order. To attempt to rain on that isn't, "keeping people grounded", it only suggest

speculation on an investment may not be the best thing for some. This is not a lottery

ticket were involved with here, it's an investment with a possible rapid growth rate.

But even if that's not the case it most certainly is a GROWING investment. One that

has nearly tripled in the last 11yrs. You can't get those kind of returns even in today's

stock market. Paper tiger that it is.

What we have here, between you and I, is merely two types of perception. That's O.K.

it's what makes the world go round. Cheers.

• Upvote 4

Djorgie, you may have seen it blank before, that is not a question to me. What is surprising to me is that it has never been brought to our attention before. We have many many people who check the site every single day and in all the time I have been visiting DV and since I have been a member, I have never heard anyone state that the rates were blank. I have been checking the site for at least 6 years and have never seen them all blank. Granted, I do only check about once a week so I can miss quite a bit.

I agree with LGD....there is so much else going on that it makes the blank rates that much more exciting.

In the interest of being technical, LOL (and I too mean no disrespect) but what were

all saying is that we have never seen all blanks. Sure we've seen blank spots and of course

the everpresent dashes, but the entire currency part is gone from the Arabic side.

Again this could easily be nothing, but there's nothing wrong with hoping otherwise.

ESPECIALLY when you consider all the other news. For instance the fact that it is

clear that HCL is going to be implemented with this budget. But that doesn't guarantee

an RV either. Or the news articles telling us how many foreign banks are easing foreign

currency transfers, again that doesn't guarantee an RV either. How about the Anbar

crises, and how Baghdad seems to have shown the world Iraq can provide security.

Of course that doesn't guarantee an RV either. And how many articles telling us how

many different infrastructure projects are to be implemented this year. And now it seems

some are getting a little anxious about the passage of the budget so as to begin those

projects. Of course, again that doesn't guarantee an RV.

We've seen so much in the last few weeks that I don't think a little bit of excitement is

out of order. To attempt to rain on that isn't, "keeping people grounded", it only suggest

speculation on an investment may not be the best thing for some. This is not a lottery

ticket were involved with here, it's an investment with a possible rapid growth rate.

But even if that's not the case it most certainly is a GROWING investment. One that

has nearly tripled in the last 11yrs. You can't get those kind of returns even in today's

stock market. Paper tiger that it is.

What we have here, between you and I, is merely two types of perception. That's O.K.

it's what makes the world go round. Cheers.

Well said! The sad part is that when it does RV, there will be those who do not believe and will still argue that it didn't.

OK so somebody help me out here, it was stated earlier today that this is Mohammed

birthday and therefore a holiday. I checked out the link given and thought that's acceptable.

But I was just perusing the CBI and noticed that according to them Mohammed

Birthday isn't until around the 27th. It has an asterisk because they go by astrological

events for some holidays. Surely the CBI wasn't off by that much.

I posted that link...and I apologize if it was misleading.....i posted one from wiki and a better one from another site, but both of those showed the same thing....MoMos birthday.

Interesting if today/tomorrow is not his birthday....then why is the CBI showing blanks???? With no update????  makes it more exciting huh?