Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Phil Robertson demonized LGBT people in 2010 sermon: ‘They invent ways of doing evil’

dinar_stud

Well they are a bit older but still doin the do....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVOHS1_z9HA

Thanks for the update on ZZ TOP. So, this cat is still playing, had is own show AND pissing people (well, some people) off! Good for him. I am deeply inspired to do more now that I am past the half-century mark...hmmmmm. Now, what can I do to piss more people off?? I know! talk about religion! hahahaha. Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Hopefully the world will be as willing to hear and embrace Phil's most recent message and run with this  with as much passion and energy as they have with the comments that led up to this....

In reponse to the insta-backlash over his remarkers, Phil issued the following statement, obtained by E! News:

rs_560x415-130425135027-1024.duck.ls.425Art Streiber/A & E

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

just my half pence  to the one that does not believe is correct and to the one that believes in God and His  Son Jesus both are right  Be glad that you have been called by the Creator to join Him in eternity and to the others  WELL ... Words of God  : Proverbs 9 : 6 "Forsake the foolish, and live; and go n the way of understanding

• Upvote 2

ChristianVsAtheistCartoon.jpg

you left out the 1st cell in the cartoon strip, where you spewed your deceit, and verbally assaulted the man carrying the cross, driving him to wrath.  :shrug:  why?

as if you athiests just sick back and ignore what you don't believe, always stirring stuff up......................it makes little sense to me that you spend so much time and energy fighting against something that you believe doesn't exist  :lol:

but I know it is because truly you serve your lord satan, whether you believe it or not, because if you are not for Jesus, you are against Him, there are only 2 sides.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

ChristianVsAtheistCartoon.jpg

FYI

Revelation 20:11-15 (NLT)

The Final Judgment

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. 12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. 14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

FYI

Revelation 20:11-15 (NLT)

The Final Judgment

11 And I saw a great white throne and the one sitting on it. The earth and sky fled from his presence, but they found no place to hide. 12 I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books. 13 The sea gave up its dead, and death and the grave gave up their dead. And all were judged according to their deeds. 14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

For your information, I could care less. I dont believe in what you are spewing. And no matter how much you recite the man made book, the less I could care.

you left out the 1st cell in the cartoon strip, where you spewed your deceit, and verbally assaulted the man carrying the cross, driving him to wrath.  :shrug:  why?

as if you athiests just sick back and ignore what you don't believe, always stirring stuff up......................it makes little sense to me that you spend so much time and energy fighting against something that you believe doesn't exist  :lol:

but I know it is because truly you serve your lord satan, whether you believe it or not, because if you are not for Jesus, you are against Him, there are only 2 sides.

Yeah right, I forget that some "christians" prefer the victim card.

• Downvote 6

For your information, I could care less. I dont believe in what you are spewing. And no matter how much you recite the man made book, the less I could care.

Yeah right, I forget that some "christians" prefer the victim card.

It does not matter if you believe it or not. One day we will all find out if the bible is right. You choose to roll the dice. That is your choice. You will not be able to blame Christians for problems that you choose not to deal with when standing before God on judgment day.

• Upvote 2

FYI, its gonna get hot....

Luke 16:19-31 (NLT)
Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus

19 Jesus said, “There was a certain rich man who was splendidly clothed in purple and fine linen and who lived each day in luxury. 20 At his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus who was covered with sores. 21 As Lazarus lay there longing for scraps from the rich man’s table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores.

22 “Finally, the poor man died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried, 23 and his soul went to the place of the dead. There, in torment, he saw Abraham in the far distance with Lazarus at his side.

24 “The rich man shouted, ‘Father Abraham, have some pity! Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue. I am in anguish in these flames.

25 “But Abraham said to him, ‘Son, remember that during your lifetime you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted, and you are in anguish. 26 And besides, there is a great chasm separating us. No one can cross over to you from here, and no one can cross over to us from there.’

27 “Then the rich man said, ‘Please, Father Abraham, at least send him to my father’s home. 28 For I have five brothers, and I want him to warn them so they don’t end up in this place of torment.’

29 “But Abraham said, ‘Moses and the prophets have warned them. Your brothers can read what they wrote.’

30 “The rich man replied, ‘No, Father Abraham! But if someone is sent to them from the dead, then they will repent of their sins and turn to God.’

31 “But Abraham said, ‘If they won’t listen to Moses and the prophets, they won’t listen even if someone rises from the dead.’”

-

• Upvote 2

.... I know it is because truly you serve your lord satan, whether you believe it or not, because if you are not for Jesus, you are against Him, there are only 2 sides.

It seems Matthew was pretty clear on what Jesus The Christ actually said, and I'm not sure that paraphrasing it accurately reflects what Christ literally said:

He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

32 And whoever says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this world or in the world to come. (D-R/ DV)

The depth of Grace is profound, and vast.....Who claims to know completely the heart of any man but G-d Himself...  what is the human need to limit what G-d does not?

I know that I know that I know G-d IS. It is my personal relationship. How can anything shake a granite foundation at the core of that knowing?

This is genuinely not in anyway directed at SF specifically, or this reply in particular.... but in general, ....There is a  lot about some of the anger, and/or rage in multiple threads I just don't understand. Maybe the Reality of G-d is so present in my life, and the call so clear that I remain vigilant about how I am living my life, how I am attending to my relationship with G-d through Christ,... to my walk in reflecting Christ.. that I don't have the inclination to allow another's choices or life or walk to intrude upon the Reality of my relationship with G-d...... I don't know,..... And in any event, if G-d is clear about forgiving all sin but one,.... why is there a human need to do any less?

How long is this wannabe stud going to be tolerated?

He's not interested in debate anymore but only making post in hopes of

getting attention and pi$$ing someone off.

I'd like to know the same thing, I already have at least 10 demerits thanks to the stud_muffin head.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

It seems Matthew was pretty clear on what Jesus The Christ actually said, and I'm not sure that paraphrasing it accurately reflects what Christ literally said:

He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me, scatters.

OK great, let's break down this one blue line in depth and detail.

• Upvote 2

How long is this wannabe stud going to be tolerated?

He's not interested in debate anymore but only making post in hopes of

getting attention and pi$$ing someone off.

Ya but that would be letting him win LG . Thats what he wants is to be thrown out.

That would prove his point in some insane logic that he has surrendered his life to.

No Its best to tolerate him. Defend our faith and call him brother and eventualy he will do one of to things.

Go away

Or come into the light and out of the darkness.

Ya but that would be letting him win LG . Thats what he wants is to be thrown out.

That would prove his point in some insane logic that he has surrendered his life to.

No Its best to tolerate him. Defend our faith and call him brother and eventualy he will do one of to things.

Go away

Or come into the light and out of the darkness.

An Agnostic Martyr... Interesting concept... :lol:

Why would someone intentionally die for a lie?

-

I'd like to know the same thing, I already have at least 10 demerits thanks to the stud_muffin head.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OK great, let's break down this one blue line in depth and detail.

Sportsfisher I do hear ya and I do get what you are saying.... And we could discuss it, and I'm pretty sure the differences we were taught in scholarly approach of the scriptures will pretty much show up in our conclusions, which might be interesting.... with us wandering all over this thread for years which again could be interesting, apart from the almost certain fait accompli result. Why do I say that?

Without question,  Jewish and Christian hermeneutics have distinctly and clearly different approaches with some overlap to be sure. And while I may be a Messaniac Jew, I'm nonetheless hermeneutically the latter; therein seek the literal meaning of the scripture. From the  perspective, of the literal…. the grammatical-historical hermeneutics state a belief that knowing the Word of G-d means “nterpret[ing] each statement in light of the principles of grammar and the facts of history…… taking  each statement in its unadulterated sense, matching consistency and absent the insistence we  look further for a different  sense (of meaning).

Further impacting this difference: it also seems that adding the word “inspired” to sensus plenior  in contrast to (literal) sensus plenior, was the means generating a solution to the problem of how early Christians were able to arrive at "non-literal" meanings of passages from the Tanakh. In so many cases it seems that whenever confronted with a hermeneutical problem caused by the literal-historical method, one would claim "inspiration” (e.g., the Apostles). That is respected and acknowledged as Divine to be sure. Its just not always spelled out as a contrast to the actual and literal Words of G-d.  Or indeed the actual and literal Words of G-d through Christ. And again, it is respected and accepted as Divine.

In any case SF, our Biblical exegesis  would be, or very likely is, different because of the distinctly different hermeneutics. Literal interpretation is Jewish p'shat; while typological and anagogical interpretation are specific to Christianity. While Jewish tradition teaches morals and ethics, it does not do so directly as part of textual interpretation  of scripture like Christian scholarship does. When Jews study the text they are primarily…largely asking "what does this say and mean?" And the question "what should we do in our own lives?", is an important but separate question. To the Jew, a clear directive to do something he finds morally problematic is a real dilemma, while if I understand correctly, either the situation would not arise in Christianity or the moral consideration would trump the scriptural interpretation,... it would trump any and everything else.

So how would our hermeneutic differences show up in our discussion of this single line. Well for one, its inconceivable from the literal perspecitve to isolate one line standing alone from all other scripture around it.

Studying scripture from the literal perspective there must be;

Discipline: Most difficulties arise in interpreting the Scriptures from neglecting a passages’ context. The guiding principle of sound interpretation is to take a passage literally (that is, in its literally used sense) unless strong reasons are present not to do so. Without such discipline, interpretation of a passage becomes so elastic that it can mean almost anything. We look at to whom was a passage written? What did it mean to it’s audience? When was it written? Under what circumstances was it written? What was the historical context? How does the passage compare with other passages the writer has written? What light do other passages shed on it?

Consistency: Relative to Jewish hermeneutics, there is Drash, meaning to  compare and contrast similar passages. For example, when water is parted for Moses, Joshua, Elijah and Elisha, ……they are seen as transparent overlays of the same story and context can be moved from one story to the next. Christians might notice similarities and differences between them, but from a hermeneutic approach, sharing context is practically unheard of. (And that is NOT to say one is better or worse than the other, it is to say they are very different).

The G-d of Israel in the OT repeated His stories, teachings and directives over and over and over again, lest His people become lost in their journey to Him. There are transparent overlays of the same story and context carried over and over again from one story to the next. G-d’s people were wandering the desert for years. They encountered many different peoples and tribes in the different cites they entered who did not worship the G-d of Israel. This is a very critical point. The peoples and nations encountered by the Israelites did not worship the G-d of Israel, the G-d of Abraham. They worshipped multiple gods, in pagan rituals and cultic pagan  rites with the ceremonial intention of appeasing their god(s).

The identity, culture  and worship practices of the Israelite people were to remain from and of the G-d Israel explicitly and exclusively. As part of their distinct identity from those who were not of the G-d of Israel, their cultural identity shunned violence, degradation, social injustice, over-indulgence and insolence. The Israelite culture and people were not to take on the cultural mores of the  non-Semitic  as their cultural identity just as they were not to worship the G-d of Israel through the pagan ritualistic worshipping practices. It is hermeneutically critical to take this understanding into the New Testament Christian understanding any time OT teaching is used....... again something almost unheard of, or rarely noted in Christian hermeneutics.

All that said, we could of course discuss this, to the degree possible, and both of us be with G-d through Christ, and nonetheless have a different understanding of what that means in judging another person as being for or against; as written in this scripture (by the way, to be fair, I'm the one who quoted Matthew, but you could have meant Mark)?

Oh dear, this could get very deep, pithy and dry before we even got close to getting anywhere..... but I'm down for it if you are.... (Lord give me strength ) … :)

Merry Christmas and the best to ya bud for the New Year..... :peace:

• Upvote 1

Well written explanation Rayzur.  I think, however, that the principles of hermeneutics you listed are being used by Christians if they really want to know what G-d is saying to us.  The "what does it mean to me" applications are important in a last step process.  I find that some individuals don't want to put out the effort to do the work necessary to a clear and proper understanding of the Scripture passage under consideration.  Expecting the Spirit to give us an "understanding" and "meaning" without having to do the proper exegetical and hermeneutical work opens up a multitude of wrong ideas from the human spirit.

Hermeneutics should be a required class for every believer, and a teacher should not be place before a Bible class unless they have a through knowledge of sound hermeneutical principles. Needless to say, that is not a popular idea.  But if this was the case, we would have a major revival among the churches.    

• Upvote 1

1Jn. 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, an ye need not any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

I have my relationship with the God the Father, Son & Holy Spirit, go to church and study God's word and allow the Holy Spirit to lead and teach me, he is more than able. He will point out words in scripture and show me truth. Whether it be hermeneutics or exegetic that remains to be seen. The key is that he abides in me and I in him.

As far as dinar_stud is concerned we are to love him/her unconditionally. The anointing destroys yokes. Jesus came to save and not condemn because the world was already condemned. I as Christ ambassador will follow suit. I will say this, going out into the streets and praying for folks and seeing God heal wins more lost souls than debating. In a debate we have to have an authority to turn to that all parties can agree on which in the case of dinar_stud you won't get him/her to agree to using the Bible as our authority. When I allow God to move in and through me and into the life of another the debate is over before it even starts. I pray Christians live the two greatest commandments, love God and love their neighbor. We have been given the ministry of reconciliation and God has reconciled the world not imputing their sin in his son (2Corinth. 5:18-19). We should focus more on sharing what Christ has done, literally, yielding to the Holy Spirit and letting him demonstrate his awesome unconditional love which is power. The world can beat you up and shame on me if I beat you up, especially with scripture. How does attacking dinar_stud glorify God? We have two choices, defend/debate/attack or love. When I see scripture quoted like casting your pearls amongst swine I have to wonder if we cross the line with scripture by going by the letter of the law versus yielding to the Spirit of the letter. God bless all of you.

• Upvote 2

Sorry to tell you you are mistaken three times.1. No I am not Weapon _X, believe as you will but you are mistaken. 2. I am an agnostic not an atheist, 2 very different concepts. 3. I should know I was a christian in my younger years and I have read and studied the bible, the same book that has so many incongruencies its not even funny, and that does not include the stories, like Noahs, that was almost a pure copy paste from babilonian beliefs that have been dated far older then the mention in the bible.

I have studied the bible and read it from front to back many time, so yes I know what it says. And I also know that the rant by Phil Robertson are so far from the "loving god" the bible preaches its nopt funny.

The bible is not truth, its more like ancient myth. When Jesus, the person whose teachings you claim to follow, has not been found in any historical records outside the bible that puts a whole question mark on its veracity and reliability.

Dinar stud, if you knew about your bible you would know what TexasGranny ment about the weapon x comment.

Because you read the bible many times that does not make you a Christian anymore than sitting in a garage makes you a car. You gotta have a relationship with Him. You, apparently by your own admission, had no relationship and have no relationship with the one triune God. My church history tells all who bother to find out about it that Satan, aka Lucifer, was the angel of light, just below the rank that Jesus had. A similarly intelligent being as yourself, in fact I would believe that he knew more about the bible than you or I could ever hope to forget, Look where he is and what he is up to nowadays.

Hello, Jesus teachings not found anywhere outside the bible 1. hello, dead sea scrolls ever heard of those. 2. The prophet mohammad, founder of Islam, speaks of Jesus as a prophet who's teaching were respected. Unfortunately, Islam also refers to Jesus as the brother of Satan. They fear the true Jesus me thinks. What would happen to us if we called Mohammid the brother of Satan. I apologise as I know i am spelling Mohammid wrong. I am just not as smart as you DS. My human condition makes me suffer brain farts from time to time.

The Bible is over two thousand years old, when you take the age of the old testament and combine it with the new testament. The whole bible is the Holy Spirit inspired, written through man, word of God. You suggest it is a faulty document because the path God chose to deliver it and write it .  You cannot deny the consistency of its teachings. For example how the old testament spoke of prophesies about Jesus who came hundreds of years later. These prophesies were so that we would know the one true Messiah when He arrived, ie to distinguish the true Messiah from all the false prophets that came before Jesus, and since Jesus. Also how the new testament, written over a 70 year period as I recall, by multiple authors (though Paul wrote the lions share) is absolutely consistent in its teachings, in its recollections of Jesus's teachings over a 3 year period. You can't deny that. Well, you can. I remember and experiment I took part in during a Business Management class, I am sure many know of it. The Professor took a handful of us into the hallway, he told the 1st person a story with instructions to tell the story to the 2nd person before going into the class room and telling the story to the remaining students. By the time I, the last to go back inside the class room, shared the story everyone was laughing at every thing I said. That hurt, as I shared the exact story my predicessor told me, to the best of my ability. The Professor revealed that this was an experiment to show how a single story can be changed as it  is handed down from one person to the nextnd so on. But this is not the case with the bible. Where there appears to be a inconsistancy I found it best to research that topic. Checkout the Greek, Hebrew, Arabic word meanings of the time the chapter and verse was written. Checkout the old and new testament for clarification. Doing this, and speaking with my Pastor who was wise in the ways of God, have answered most of the questions I have ever had.

Take care. God still loves you.