Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bill O’Reilly thumps Duck Dynasty star with the Bible for anti-LGBT remarks

dinar_stud

Bill O’Reilly thumps Duck Dynasty star with the Bible for anti-LGBT remarks

Thursday night on his show, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly argued that “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson was wrong to demonize LGBT people.

Citing Luke 6:37 in the Bible, O’Reilly said Robertson had gone too far by “being judgmental” and claiming LGBT people were barred from entry into Heaven.

His guest, Fox News analyst Laura Ingraham, disagreed. She said it was “disturbing” that Robertson had been suspended by A&E for merely expressing his religious views.

But O’Reilly insisted Robertson was wrong to condemn others.

“It’s not about the Bible, or believing or not believing in the Bible,” he explained. “It’s singling out a group, could be any group, and saying to that group ‘Hey, you’re not worthy. You’re not worthy in the eyes of the Lord, or in the eyes of God, you’re not worthy because of who you are.’ So once you get that personal, once you get down into that kind of a realm, problems arise.”

Prominent conservatives — including Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity, and Bryan Fischer — have rallied in support of Robertson. On Thursday, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Louisiana governor Bobby Jindal ® both released statements in support of the embattled reality TV star.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqwcuHrzXo

Edited by dinar_stud
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I used to like Billy, but after listening to his dribble for over 10 yrs I can tell you that

Like so many republicans he is at the root of what ails America. Not only does he

Lack the ability to see the truth in all things, but more often than not he is incapable

Of definitely choosing what side of the issue he is on. There are issues Mr Orilly that

Fall under the auspices of ONLY BLACK AND WHITE. Your lack of the ability to make

Such choices shows a weakness in you that you can't accept.

Such

• Upvote 3

I find it hard to believe O Reilly can write a book about Jesus expecting me to read it, and when he also believes stories told in the Bible are allegorical. :(

Allegorical interpretation is an interpretive method (exegesis) which assumes that the Bible has various levels of meaning and tends to focus on the spiritual sense (which includes the allegorical sense, the moral (or tropological) sense, and the anagogical sense) as opposed to the literal sense.

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I find it hard to believe O Reilly can write a book about Jesus expecting me to read it, and when he also believes stories told in the Bible are allegorical. :( Allegorical interpretation is an interpretive method (exegesis) which assumes that the Bible has various levels of meaning and tends to focus on the spiritual sense (which includes the allegorical sense, the moral (or tropological) sense, and the anagogical sense) as opposed to the literal sense. -

Oh yes you can brother. We come at it from the Holy Spirit sense.

But I fear that Mr Orilley only can come at it from a studied theological sense.

Lived most of my life like that. Indeed on the day I was saved the Holy Spirit told

Me that I knew more about Jesus than the preacher in front of me. But that knowing

About Jesus and KNOWING Jesus were two entirely different things.

Billy is an highly educated man and a very good debater. But more often than not

He comes at a subject in a secular manner. The sad part is He just doesn't see it.

• Upvote 3

I find it hard to believe O Reilly can write a book about Jesus expecting me to read it, and when he also believes stories told in the Bible are allegorical. :(

Allegorical interpretation is an interpretive method (exegesis) which assumes that the Bible has various levels of meaning and tends to focus on the spiritual sense (which includes the allegorical sense, the moral (or tropological) sense, and the anagogical sense) as opposed to the literal sense.

Mark, there are allegories in the Bible and must be treated as allegories.  The interpretations come from the contexts surrounding this particular method of presentation and is not left to the reader to explain it the way he "feels" it should be interpreted.  

Sadly, many are so incline to place on passages they read interpretations which the Spirit never intended as the meaning.  This has, and always will be, a consistent point of understanding what the Scriptures really says.  Those who read a passage and then boldly claim that the Spirit is giving them an interpretation that is totally contrary to what the passages says in context, is a practice that has led many into error.  When one allows the Scriptures to say what they were intended to say, then the light begins to turn on.  It is then that the we start hearing the openly revealed words of the Spirit written for everyone, and our understanding becomes more consistent with God's word.   

I find more individuals who are "way off" in their understand of God (Christ) because they do not use any exegetical principles than I do among those using some sort of interpretative skill.  Yes, there are many "ways" or interpretative skills that would take someone down the wrong path.  Certainly there needs to be some course correction.  But those who just "pray that God will give them the mean" without doing a proper study, are setting themselves up for "believing" what is false.  

Scripture states, "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, correctly handling (rightly dividing) the word of truth."  That is what we need to do.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

O'reilly is the same idiot that painted Obama as a centrist before the 2008 elections. In his interview with him all Obama had to do was reach over and cop a feel of O'reilly's leg and assure him that all would be ok and O'reilly sang praises to him for a while.

Edited by darwinatridge
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Citing Luke 6:37 in the Bible, O’Reilly said Robertson had gone too far by “being judgmental” and claiming LGBT people were barred from entry into Heaven.

His guest, Fox News analyst Laura Ingraham, disagreed. She said it was “disturbing” that Robertson had been suspended by A&E for merely expressing his religious views.

But O’Reilly insisted Robertson was wrong to condemn others.

“It’s not about the Bible, or believing or not believing in the Bible,” he explained. “It’s singling out a group, could be any group, and saying to that group ‘Hey, you’re not worthy. You’re not worthy in the eyes of the Lord, or in the eyes of God, you’re not worthy because of who you are.’ So once you get that personal, once you get down into that kind of a realm, problems arise.”

I want to go back and address this, I was at work earlier today when I made my comment about Bill O'Reilly so I didn't have a change to actually listen to the Video until now.  I believe the point Bill is missing, is that Phil was quoting scripture, and not condemning anyone.  It is God's Word that brings condemnation.  And of course NONE of us ARE WORTHY in God's Eyes, it is only when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior that we escape the condemnation that we richly deserve.

That's my thought on that... :P

Concerning the Allegory comment, I remember one show, where Bill was downplaying miraculous stories, like the Creation account and the Great Flood as being allegorical.  Sorry can't remember which one...

-

-

• Upvote 2

I want to go back and address this, I was at work earlier today when I made my comment about Bill O'Reilly so I didn't have a change to actually listen to the Video until now.  I believe the point Bill is missing, is that Phil was quoting scripture, and not condemning anyone.  It is God's Word that brings condemnation.  And of course NONE of us ARE WORTHY in God's Eyes, it is only when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior that we escape the condemnation that we richly deserve.

That's my thought on that... :P

Concerning the Allegory comment, I remember one show, where Bill was downplaying miraculous stories, like the Creation account and the Great Flood as being allegorical.  Sorry can't remember which one...

-

-

That was the show he talked about the "Bible Thumpers" needing to do more than thump their Bibles and engage in conversation to change people's views of what needs to be done to get America back on track. He talked about the book of Jonah only being allegorical. He appears to be a self proclaimed theologian. I say let the theologians debate about that kind of stuff all they want!

I dont feel its a wrong or right thing in this case, every one has there own way of thinking and he exspressed his . Its called freedom of speech. If we lose it we are screwed. The left wants the power to control every aspect of your life and we the people are letting them get away with it.Just my thoughts if ya dont like them BITE ME.

• Upvote 1

Bill O'Reilly Is Smarter Than Your Average Bear ...   He Is An Independent...  So He Claims .. I Think He Is OK ... :twocents:

I think he's a blow hard, self promoting idiot.

I is that Phil was quoting scripture, and not condemning anyone. 

-

Phil equated g@ys with terrorist at one point. I'd like to see that passage, and I'm pretty sure that is condemning one.

• Downvote 4

Bottom line.....

No one is truely offended by what Phil said....they are offended with God and His Holy Word and what scripture tells us. As far as Phil being crude in his remarks, Jesus never dances around His words in scripture and makes evrything quite clear. We either accept or deny. The Bible can be very harsh to unbelievers and changing ones sinful ways is more than many are willing to accept as they are their own godand will have their own way. I personally accept God's word litterally as truth. Theres just no way to smooth and put candy on top of what our Lord has taught and brought to us. It's all about His way and not my own. I just praise Him for opening my heart, mind and soul to accept His ways. I pray that all will and come to His light.

• Upvote 6

Phil equated g@ys with terrorist at one point. I'd like to see that passage, and I'm pretty sure that is condemning one.

Idiot ????  Who The Hell Isnt ??? He Is Just A Better One ...

Fact Check. The bible says this life style is wrong. It is not condemning to point that out. You can believe that or not. Either way your argument is with God and we will all know one way or another when we are standing before Him on judgement day. If that offends you then we will see how offended you are on that day.

• Upvote 2

According to the words of Christ, Phil Robertson is a blessed man.

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

• Upvote 4

Fact Check. The bible says this life style is wrong. It is not condemning to point that out. You can believe that or not. Either way your argument is with God and we will all know one way or another when we are standing before Him on judgement day. If that offends you then we will see how offended you are on that day.

Didn't god create all things? Doesn't god love everyone? Is your god a loving god or a hateful god?

• Upvote 1

My God is a loving God. He is generous to those who follow Him. He is not a hateful God. That is just what people say who want to do things their way and not follow God in His directions. The people who say God is hateful, they want to tear Him down so they feel better about the things they do and the words they say. God gave us free will, He wants us to find Him and His mercy but He does not force us to have a relationship with Him.  The choice is yours but  when someone such as Phil Robertson stands up for his God and the word of God, he should not be ashamed of what he says and the words he speaks which are the words of God. He should not be persecuted by the ones who do not have a relationship with God, but that is the way of a believer.  If you choose not to follow God or to believe in the word of God, that is the choice that God gave you. But to not stand beside Him  offends Him and therefore He will not stand beside you when your time comes.

I have friends who belong to the LGBT lifestyle. I love them all, but I also believe that what they do is against what God has written. One of these friends is a pastor of a church. The church has interpreted the Bible in a different way to say the lifestyle is okay with God. Do I know what the true message is? I can only go by what I have read and been taught. I know what God has put into my heart as to the rights and wrongs of this world and will continue to pray for guidance each and every day to give glory to God and His word. And when I meet Him one day, I hope that I have lived my life in such a manner that He will open the gates to Heaven and say "please come in, you have pleased me".

• Upvote 8

I like simplicity.

But I'm not sure about # 2. Had a preacher man tell me recently that god loves us all.

1. Yes

2. No

3. Both

I like simplicity.

But I'm not sure about # 2. Had a preacher man tell me recently that god loves us all. What makes you think otherwise?

Edited by flatdawg