Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BUYERS BEWARE - DINARLADY Shady transaction

jams19

I have recently sent out a cashiers check to Dinarlady with the agreement of her mailing out 2 million IQD. The check was tracked and received on November 21, 2013 and was processed within days. I have contacted her many times via email in which she promised that she would mail out the 2 million IQD 2nd day priority.

Her last email indicated that her son had mailed it out December 11, 2013.

Dinarlady's email addressntn0404@gmail.com has suspiciously been out of service since saturday December 14, 2013.

Quite frankly, I had a pleasent impression of this person and still think that she may not realize that her son never mailed it out?

She has indicated that she plans to sell more and I felt that my experience so far should be shared. Hopefully she is a respecable person and follows up on her end of the transaction.

WOW! So sorry to hear that. Hope you get what you paid for. Really tough situation. It's these kind of things that make it so difficult to trust anyone.

I have only ordered from one company when I have purchased dinar and that was DinarTrade. Never had any problem with them at all. Always paid COD just to be safe. That is really one of the reasons I chose them because who else offers COD anymore?

I would have never trusted anyone who asked me for my money up front. I've only done cod. We exchange in person "hand to hand" (fed ex). They give me my package I give them my check. 

Perfect every time.

COD is not safe. I used to sell CAD drawing sotware and offered COD. I was burnt for thousands of dollars on two different occasions. One Fedex didn't bother picking up a check just dropped my package and the second time they took a personal check but not only that a temporary personal check where the guy had hand written in his name and adress. I would not trust COD as Fedex has no control over it and won't pay out over there own mistakes. 

to all those who say ebay isn't safe, at least ebay has an escrow service built in via paypal. heck even taking paypal as payment you can dispute it and she has to prove it was delivered. checks and wires you have no recourse though. this is the other problem i have with buying from individuals. if she were a busienss you could come on here and tell everyone what a scammer this lady is if that does turn out to be the case, she woudln't want that as nobody else would buy from her. as an individual though who really cares if "dinarlady" scammed you, its not like she has a business reputation to try to keep in good shape so she has nothing to lose by scamming. ive bought from people on here once or twice and had good experiences but was always a bit worried about the transactions. stick with ebayy or dealers and at least tehy will care about their repuation if there is an issue. an individual wont though

• Upvote 4

This situation has been troublesome but is showing some light. I finally received contact from Sonny 1 after we had a gent in uniform stop by his aunts house. He has reassured me that this will get taken care of once he contacts his aunt who is out of cell and email range.

I appreciate all of your concern and am hopefull to move on.

• Upvote 1

This situation has been troublesome but is showing some light. I finally received contact from Sonny 1 after we had a gent in uniform stop by his aunts house. He has reassured me that this will get taken care of once he contacts his aunt who is out of cell and email range.

im guesing your talking about a cop. not sure what a cop is going to do, this is a civil matter a cop really has no power in a situation like this. that said if you scared them into giving you your dinar you paid for more power to you. 

just a word of caution. i've had some people try to get over on me and basically anytime people say let me do this and ill make it right its pure bs. there's nothing stopping this guy form saying ill get it in the mail today, especially if his "aunt" gave him the package to send in the first place nothing to check on send it like you were supposed to in the first place. 

total speculation here but im guessing the nephew your talking to is actually dinar lady giving you the runaround. i dont think your going to get your dinar if you were they'd say im sending it right now. as soon as it turns into let me check or let me get it off next week they are stalling and buying time. i can pretty much gurantee you wont get your dinar unless you really step up the pressure and dont let up blow up their phone calling them all day christmas day or your money is gone. say you want it in the mail today. 

i dont really keep up with members names but i had heard her name alot so thought she was a longtime trusted member of the site. she has 45 posts only and hasn't posted since november. im thinking she burned you and then said bye to the site. put the pressure on heavy today and dont let up if you ever wanna see your money. also please report back on what happens. 

Jams19... hope all is working out and it was a terrible misunderstanding that will be sorted out very soon..... It is reassuring to hear it was indeed Sonny's aunt, and not some thug using that connection of trust... and that he'll take care of it.... From your post I thought you might be referring to the law enforcement branch of the US Post Office, who can be fairly effective in tracking down folks who use the mail for fraud.... And in any case, it sounds like you can rest a bit with the assurance that someone with integrity is on the job and will make sure you get your dinar...

Best of luck with a happy ending....

Merry Christmas to you and yours.....

• Upvote 2

Wow..... Merry Christmas jams19... I wish you the best and hope this issue will be solved.

I felt really bad reading this thread and I sure hope the situation gets ironed out for Jam19. Personally, I could ill afford such a disaster. So often we hear folks suggest that we NEVER under any circumstances let our Dinar out of our direct control - so why should we treat our USD funds with any less concern? One simple rule: never EVER, send money to 'ANYONE' unless delivery is 'guaranteed' by some reliable entity or delivery service with available add-on services such as tracking and insurance, (assuming value of said item doesn't exceed insurable limits).

IQD has become somewhat more accessible these days for some of us who live within a reasonable distance of Exchangers who are now implanted in most major population centers throughout the US. They typically don't offer the lowest spread rates however, at least you know where to find them if something goes amiss!

Hopefully all's well that ends well.

I felt really bad reading this thread and I sure hope the situation gets ironed out for Jam19. Personally, I could ill afford such a disaster. So often we hear folks suggest that we NEVER under any circumstances let our Dinar out of our direct control - so why should we treat our USD funds with any less concern? One simple rule: never EVER, send money to 'ANYONE' unless delivery is 'guaranteed' by some reliable entity or delivery service with available add-on services such as tracking and insurance, (assuming value of said item doesn't exceed insurable limits).

IQD has become somewhat more accessible these days for some of us who live within a reasonable distance of Exchangers who are now implanted in most major population centers throughout the US. They typically don't offer the lowest spread rates however, at least you know where to find them if something goes amiss!

Hopefully all's well that ends well.

Just wanted to point out that no carrier will insure currency not UPS, not fedex and not usps so dont even bother buying insurance unless your prepared to come up with fake invoices because they will ask you what was lost and as soon as you say dinar they will say against their tos they wont cover it. 

also, there's no gurantees when it comes to sending. i shared a story earlier in the week about how i got burnt for thousands of dollars using fedex cod. they left a package and didn't bother picking up a check one time, another time they took a check but it wasn't a cashiers check it was a fake personal check from a closed account. any idiot could tell it wans't a cashiers check but the driver took it anyway and fedex told me too bad woudln't cover anything b/c i didn't buy insurance even th0ugh they violated their own policies.

i do like your last piece of advice buy in person if possible. the other thing, ive bought and sold on this site and had good experiences both times but there is something to be said for buying from an established business or from a dealer. in this case the guy bought from dinar lady. dinar lady is just some lady with 45 post on this site, if this is a fraud okay she never commes on dinarvets again this guy tells us all dinarlady ripped him off but really what does that do? 

she probably sold off all her dinar holdings anyway so no harm to her. on the other hand say the op bought from dinartrade and this happenned. he can come on here, tell allof us and nobody on here who reads this will ever buy from dinartrade again. my point being dinarttrade has sold dinar and continues to do so and will in the future so they dont want bad press like this. dinarlady on the otherhand has no repuation to upkeep so hypothetically could rip people off. ya theres some good deals on here cutting out the middleman but its also more risky for us as buyers

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is such a tradgety. I have done a few transactions on here but I check their number of posts and go read a few to get an idea of what type person they are. I would never send my Dinar until I got my payment. Paypal is the best way to do transactions.. You keep the reciept of the package. I have a UPS shop that is independant and I sent mine from them and they insured it. It cost me 85 dollars to insure them but it was worth it. It really burns me to think there are people like this in the world and I would love to catch some scumbag doing such a thing. I hope you get some result from your dilemma.

Yes it is such a tradgety. I have done a few transactions on here but I check their number of posts and go read a few to get an idea of what type person they are. I would never send my Dinar until I got my payment. Paypal is the best way to do transactions.. You keep the reciept of the package. I have a UPS shop that is independant and I sent mine from them and they insured it. It cost me 85 dollars to insure them but it was worth it. It really burns me to think there are people like this in the world and I would love to catch some scumbag doing such a thing. I hope you get some result from your dilemma.

You know USPS, Fedex, UPS, DHL don't insure currency. If you wind up having to use the insurance you better have some fake invoices saying the transaction was for a computer or something and not Dinar or they will tell you sorry insurance doesn't cover that. I learned that the hard way, although fortunately it was only invovling about $100 worth of Dinar.

Anohter thing, I recently learned Paypal only allows you to sell currency under $1,000. My coworker was trying to sell to a dealer and wnated to be paid by Paypal. The dealer told him about that Paypal rule, we didn't believe them so we called Paypal ourselves to verify. It's true you can't sell currency over $1,000. This is only for currency not for silver or xboxes or computers or anything else. If you should need to file a claim and they ask about what was sold not only will their paypal protection not cover the buyer or seller, they may wind up shutting down your Paypal account for violating policies.

Also, was there ever any resolution to this? Did you finally wind up getting your Dinar or your money back?

The situation is still unresolved unfortunately. The good news is Sonny 1 has been in daily contact and had stated he had mailed out the dinar. Possibly foolish but I believe him. The bad news is the post office lost the delivery. Sonny 1 has indicated he will make good. The saga goes on... I appreciate the support.

The situation is still unresolved unfortunately. The good news is Sonny 1 has been in daily contact and had stated he had mailed out the dinar. Possibly foolish but I believe him. The bad news is the post office lost the delivery. Sonny 1 has indicated he will make good. The saga goes on... I appreciate the support.

Were they able to at least provide you a tracking number so you could confirm a package truly was sent and is not showing delivered? If not I wouldn't buy that story. Sorry to hear about this. Who is sonny1? I thought you purchased this from a "dinarlady"?

Yes, I received a tracking number but was informed by the post office the package wasn't scanned nor tracked. It was treated as regular mail and most likely delivered without signature. Post Office claims it's their fault.

Sonny 1 is Dinarladys nephew and the cofounder of Dinarvets.

Have you not settled this thing yet? Thought it would be resolved by now. Still hoping you get your money.

Yes, I received a tracking number but was informed by the post office the package wasn't scanned nor tracked. It was treated as regular mail and most likely delivered without signature. Post Office claims it's their fault.

Sonny 1 is Dinarladys nephew and the cofounder of Dinarvets.

HERE'S TO YOU SONNY     :bravo:    HOPE YOU CAN GET THIS RESOLVED FOR JAMS19

• Upvote 2