Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Not able to quote a post or to copy and paste

Candy01

Hello,

I used to be able to quote a post and have the original post show up in my post.  But I have not been able to do this for the last week or so.

Also I cannot highlight a text and copy and paste it into my post.

Can someone please help me?  I am very sure I am not the ONLY one experiencing this!

Thanks Much!

:shrug::excl:

• 2 weeks later...

Unable to duplicate the problem so I'm at a loss as to the problem. :shrug:

Quoting a post? Do you not see the "Quote" button on the post you are wishing to quote?

Regarding copy/paste - that is most likely an issue with your computer - probably in your browser settings or preferences.

Sorry I'm not very helpful - maybe Markinsa will have some ideas. :bulb:

:cowboy2:

• Upvote 1

My two cents.

Look and see if you have auto upgraded to Internet explorer 11.

It works with almost nothing!

Thanks!

If this is the case, hit F12 and change your browser mode to an earlier version of IE. Then hit F12 again to turn that menu off.

-

Markinsa, I can go to Document Mode and select '10' under F12 - Emulation, but when I close it the setting reverts back to default for I.E. version 11. I guess this works as long as I do it with the F12 screen showing. Thanks to all of you.

Thanks!

Markinsa, I can go to Document Mode and select '10' under F12 - Emulation, but when I close it the setting reverts back to default for I.E. version 11. I guess this works as long as I do it with the F12 screen showing. Thanks to all of you.

I'm still using ie10, so I can't experiment with that.  I find most times when I google my software symptoms I can find the answer that way.  Good Luck! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

***///

Same thing happened to us.

We had to  "system restore" our computer to an earlier date,

then do MARKINSA's thing with the "F12 developer tools - compatibility viewing" gimmick...

(ours looks like a little sprocket-lookin' thingy on the top right of our screen)

...has happened a couple of times.

Time for the computer to get an ops checks by the Geeks over at The squad, we thinks !

• 1 month later...

Okay this is the 3rd time I'm trying to write this, <<<<<<<< (crap, don't want to do a back space with this sentence, see below as to why)

and if it doesn't work this time I'm giving up. 

I'm still having trouble in copy/paste.  I'm now having trouble with long delays in getting into threads or much less the whole site.  About a 7-8 second delay.  Also, when I want to backspace as I'm writing it tends to jump out of the post and to the main menu of topics.  Very frustrating. 

I have done a system restore to a previous date.  Nothing has changed.  I do not have any problems with any other internet sites, just DV.  Could it be DV's server? 

Hope someone can walk me through a fix.  :confused2:

Okay this is the 3rd time I'm trying to write this, <<<<<<<< (crap, don't want to do a back space with this sentence, see below as to why)

and if it doesn't work this time I'm giving up. 

I'm still having trouble in copy/paste.  I'm now having trouble with long delays in getting into threads or much less the whole site.  About a 7-8 second delay.  Also, when I want to backspace as I'm writing it tends to jump out of the post and to the main menu of topics.  Very frustrating. 

I have done a system restore to a previous date.  Nothing has changed.  I do not have any problems with any other internet sites, just DV.  Could it be DV's server? 

Hope someone can walk me through a fix.  :confused2:

I am experiencing some of the same issues pattyangel so I'm leaning toward a server issue with DV. Adam may have to do a reboot. The server appears to be really slow.

:cowboy2:

Oh thank you Texasgranny, glad to know that I'm not a loner on this.  Mine is slower than a snail carry a ton a bricks on its back.  LOL!!!

I shall wait to see if Adam will reboot, hopefully this will work.  Should I stomp and throw a tantrum so Adam will get my message :eyebrows: Just kidding, :blush:  but I do refuse to use my phone to respond to any post.  <_< 

Again my heartfelt thanks for you help Texasgranny. 

Yes, 429, no more delaying, working like a champ.  Oh wait, let me see if I can copy and paste. 

Fingers crossed.... nope still can't copy and paste.  I'm so sad :(  When I want to respond to an individual post, their post won't appear.  Oh, what to do, what to do.   :huh:

Edited by pattyangel