Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What Are You Buying When the RV Hits ?

one2one

• 3 weeks later...

"What Are You Buying When the RV Hits ?"

I'm Buying Everybody A Drink At The Post RV Party In Vegas ! B)

:D:D:D

Yeah baby.

Are you going to wear clown makeup?

Ps I think drinks tend to run free in Vegas so that's a smart play

A U.S. Congressperson and a U.S. Senator. Anyone wanna go in on this with me. Then we may get things done our way.

Yes

• Upvote 1

First thing.... retire and then pay tithe and offering to our church

Second thing....pay off house note and all other credit card bills and any other outstanding debts

Third thing....buy new car

Fourth thing.....take my wife to England for a trip and hopefully see Princess Diana's resting place

Fifth thing....golf trip to Pebble Beach and St. Andrews in Scotland

After that...... :backflip: :backflip: :backflip::bravo: :bravo: :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

new socks

Wow!... Plural... Impressive.You must have twice as many dinar as I do.

A blender and maybe a george foreman grill if it hits a 5th of a penny.........fingers crossed

Gotta do a vitamix, or blendtec. Love my blendtec

Edited by cranster
  • Upvote 1

Hmmm?  After a "NICE" exchange I'd...

Pay of any loans and bills

Put $$ aside for anticipated taxes

Renovate and update where I live now - I like it here

I've already given a couple of notes to my daughters -pre RV & taxes with gift letters

Re-finance their homes and 'gift' the mortgage payments each year for the grand kids

Buy a 'get-away' place near a national park with some land - maybe a small garden -workshop

Set up a 'conversion van' in a new "Transit Van" for a 'walk-about' in the USA

And in between all this help my church, my family, non-profits, and individuals I come across while being Thankful to God for any blessings that I have received.  Namaste to all.

One thing I will do is to help my daughters, both of whom have been enormously wonderful to me.  They and their families work very hard, but always manage to stay a few steps ahead of the struggle their lives sometimes are, and a large monetary gift from "Mom" would allow them to take a break from all the struggle.  I wouldn't tell this to strangers, but we are all intimate friends here, so the rest of the story--I have two grown sons who  break my heart.  I honestly believe my ex-husband poisoned their minds against me, since he tried to do that with my oldest daughter.  I have loved both of them since before they were born, and they both act like they prefer not to see it at all.  They never even call.  And if I call them, they always are in the middle of something incredibly important, so they tell me they will call me right back, but they don't do it.  It only takes a few dozen times for a mother to catch on, especially when they both do the same  things.  But whatever. . . .  it is what it is.  Under the circumstances, however, I have no plans to help my sons. I also want to work with some worthy organizations, and I want to get involved with politics. I also plan to buy a luxury car, and then the crème de la crème on my "want list" is a new house built to my specifications so I can decorate and furnish it exactly as I want. I plan to fly to North Carolina, "the furniture capital of the world," and buy all new furniture and have it shopped back to my new home. 

All my life, I have wanted a lovely home that I could decorate exactly as I want and never have to sell it unless I chose to do so. My kid's dad kept selling our homes since they went up in value during the time we owned them, and after I decorated them, they sold quickly. So he always kept us moving on down the road by selling our home, sometimes only a year or so after we bought them.  It's hard to raise four children when your house keeps being sold so often.  Even doing the laundry is sometimes a challenge. haha And new furniture, even very high quality furniture, takes a huge beating when it is moved almost annually. I also plan to be involved in church activities and in some organizations to help other people, and with at least one political group.  I will also find a travel group so I can have fellow travelers as I go to special places all over the world, and also very important, I want to make lots of new friends.  Then last, I still have dozens and dozens and dozens of books I haven't yet read. 

A man I graduated high school with died this morning. I was stunned by this since it not only reminded me that we are all mortal, but also that we are not getting younger.  I need to get a move on if I really want to do as much as I still have on my to-do list.  Life's just too darned  short!! Know what I mean???

Edited by Francie26
  • Upvote 3

I would love to be debt free....  Pay off all my bills.  Give to my Church....  My oldest son (wife and 2 kids) are really struggling to make ends meet.  Wife is a realtor, and son is working and going full time to night school in San Antonio.  He is REALLY stressed.  He doesn't smile anymore.  Life is too short to not enjoy every moment, but he is caught up in the "must pay my bills, and not enjoy everyday to it's fullest" mode.  I would love to make his Christmas by paying off some of his student loans, medical bills, etc....  Second son has wife and no children (yet).  He is an insulin dependent diabetic, and was in a horrific motorcycle accident.  This accident left him hobbled for life.  It is hard for him to find work that will cater to his handicap.  He was a San Antonio policeman.  The other 3 kids are in college.  Love to help all of them out.

Then, for me.......  buy some land and live off grid and retire.  Paradise :)

• Upvote 1

One thing I will do is to help my daughters, both of whom have been enormously wonderful to me.  They and their families work very hard, but always manage to stay a few steps ahead of the struggle their lives sometimes are, and a large monetary gift from "Mom" would allow them to take a break from all the struggle.  I wouldn't tell this to strangers, but we are all intimate friends here, so the rest of the story--I have two grown sons who  break my heart.  I honestly believe my ex-husband poisoned their minds against me, since he tried to do that with my oldest daughter.  I have loved both of them since before they were born, and they both act like they prefer not to see it at all.  They never even call.  And if I call them, they always are in the middle of something incredibly important, so they tell me they will call me right back, but they don't do it.  It only takes a few dozen times for a mother to catch on, especially when they both do the same  things.  But whatever. . . .  it is what it is.  Under the circumstances, however, I have no plans to help my sons. I also want to work with some worthy organizations, and I want to get involved with politics. I also plan to buy a luxury car, and then the crème de la crème on my "want list" is a new house built to my specifications so I can decorate and furnish it exactly as I want. I plan to fly to North Carolina, "the furniture capital of the world," and buy all new furniture and have it shopped back to my new home. 

All my life, I have wanted a lovely home that I could decorate exactly as I want and never have to sell it unless I chose to do so. My kid's dad kept selling our homes since they went up in value during the time we owned them, and after I decorated them, they sold quickly. So he always kept us moving on down the road by selling our home, sometimes only a year or so after we bought them.  It's hard to raise four children when your house keeps being sold so often.  Even doing the laundry is sometimes a challenge. haha And new furniture, even very high quality furniture, takes a huge beating when it is moved almost annually. I also plan to be involved in church activities and in some organizations to help other people, and with at least one political group.  I will also find a travel group so I can have fellow travelers as I go to special places all over the world, and also very important, I want to make lots of new friends.  Then last, I still have dozens and dozens and dozens of books I haven't yet read. 

A man I graduated high school with died this morning. I was stunned by this since it not only reminded me that we are all mortal, but also that we are not getting younger.  I need to get a move on if I really want to do as much as I still have on my to-do list.  Life's just too darned  short!! Know what I mean???

I read your story and thought I'd give you some support.  I don't want to get too personal in open forum but I will say this.  You are not alone.  Without going into detail, I and many others have the same issues with some of our kids.  I know, for a fact, I was not a bad Dad, but I was tough.  So I starting ;looking around to see what was going in other peoples lives.  I looked at people I knew, acquaintenceses, some I didn't know at all and all people/families in general.  There were people in every single group that had these problems with their children.  There was no common denominator.  Some of gave our kids too much.  My wife and I struggled with that one quite a bit and came to this conclusion.  We did the best we could and they have a responsibility to do the same.  It is not wrong to give to your kids.  We all want better for them than we had.  That's a normal trait since the beginning of time.  Another thing you, I don't believe you sh are correct in.  The ones that want to be gone, let them.  Better to spend time with the ones that care about you.  If this thing ever RV's, remember what each one did and how they treated you.  I don't believe in buying love.  If the others come back, remember how they were before.  It won't change if the money is gone.  I'm sorry if I put my thoughts where they don't belong.  This is obviously a sensitive point for me.  Oh, and one more thing.  The siblings have asked the bad ones "What did Dad do to you that was so wrong?"  They can't answer that one.. Just call me names.  Smart, huh?  Sorry for the length.  I could write a book.  You're doing the right thing Miss Francie.

Good Luck and take care,

DW

• Upvote 2

Hello, DW,

Thank you so much for your encouraging response. You are not interfering at all. I appreciate your willingness to reply to me. It is nice to hear from a fellow-traveler who brings good advice.  You are completely right, you know.  I enjoyed and loved every one of my children when they were little, and I did the very best I could in sometimes extremely trying circumstances.  I will do as you suggest, and simply let go of the ones who have withdrawn from me. And also, as you suggested, I don't plan to help them after the RV. I have to believe they will not be interested in my money then since they are not interested in me now. .I suspect the reason yours don't answer their siblings about you is that they don't have an answer, and probably don't even understand it  themselves. I was abandoned by my mother when I was a little girl (five years old) on a busy street corner in L.A., but was soon adopted by an aunt in the Midwest who abused me throughout the remainder of my childhood. So I grew up always knowing I would not abuse my own children, and to the best of my knowledge and understanding, I didn't.  My daughters agree with me about this, but my sons have stayed in much closer contact with their dad who wanted a divorce from me for no discernable reason at the time, although the reason showed up barely 6 months later when he married "the lady." I think he may have poisoned my sons against me, since he has shown in several ways that he feels a modest guilt about what he did to me, and thus, probably wants to pass the blame along to me to exonerate himself--which he often did when we were married. You know-- the old "It's not me; it's her" self-justification trick. LOL

Before you feel too badly about some of the things I have told you, I will also tell you that I eventually met a man I came to love deeply, although we were together only 2 years, 2 months, and 11 days before he died. But in that short time, we laughed together, rode his Harley together, talked together, traveled and shared our families together, kept no secrets, and just generally loved each other and life together. I have been enriched far beyond most people to have had the Jim-Maestro  in my life--even for such a short time. He was the only man to ever court me by telling me about the Mobius Strip, the Klein Bottle, and the Mandelbrot Theory, and I fell for it.  LOL And he loved me on the soul level, and I knew it. So I have been truly blessed.

Again, please know that my heart was warmed by your kind words, your friendship, and your encouragement. Those are things one truly can't buy, and they have extreme value to me. So thank you far beyond my words here.  Perhaps I will get a chance to meet you and your wife someday. I would like that.

Meantime---- Come on, RV!!!  lol

Francie26 (Fran) 

• Upvote 1