Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Rightists: Burn effigies of Obama

k98nights

By JPOST.COM STAFF

22/04/2010 11:04

Group distributes likeness of president ahead of Lag BaOmer bonfires.

Talkbacks (37)

Every year, Israeli children gather around bonfires on the Jewish holiday of Lag BaOmer and burn the effigies of the enemies of the Jewish people. Perennial favorites in that category include the likes of Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein.

Now, a Jewish rightist group wants to add US President Barack Obama to that list.

Bentzi Gupshtain, a member of the outlawed Kahane Chai (Kach) party, said his organization is distributing hundreds of effigies of the US president for children to set fire to on Lag BaOmer May 2nd.

"The Israeli people's enemy is Barack Hussein Obama," Gupshtain told Israel Radio. "He is an anti-Semite and an Islamist. We received many requests from children all over Israel for the effigies and want to teach children to trust in God, not Obama."

During the interview, Gupshtain drew a parallel between Obama and the late Palestinian leaders Yasser Arafat of Fatah and Ahmed Yassin of Hamas, saying they were all enemies of the Jewish State.

The Obama administration recently roused the ire of Israel's Right by insisting that Jewish construction in the West Bank and east Jerusalem be frozen.

Kach is recognized as a terrorist organization by Israel, the US and the European Union.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=173661

I have a few friends that are Israeli and they are not pleased with our President at all. The treatment of the Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu a few weeks ago when he was in Washington DC was unacceptable and will have consequences in our relations with Israel.

I do not agree with Burning effigies of anyone though even if I do not agree with their Politics.

The Obama administration recently roused the ire of Israel's Right by insisting that Jewish construction in the West Bank and east Jerusalem be frozen.

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu told Obama to mind his own business over this demand and it will not be the last time Netanyahu does that IMO.

Edited by ToddS
  • Upvote 1

I have a few friends that are Israeli and they are not pleased with our President at all. The treatment of the Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu a few weeks ago when he was in Washington DC was unacceptable and will have consequences in our relations with Israel.

I do not agree with Burning effigies of anyone though even if I do not agree with their Politics.

I couldn't believe how Rude O was. I think he needs to step back for a moment and think about what he is doing!

It's really quite shocking, isn't it? I feel very sorry for people who voted for Obama. They have to live with the consequences of drinking the kool aid. I say, follow the money. When the man had a 30 minute infomercial in prime time on all major networks that should have been a hint something fishy was going on. It's sad how much damage is being done to our country and people don't even realize it. While I disagree with burning effigies I do feel there is reason to be upset by his actions and it pains me to see others feeling so badly about our country.

O is the worst President is United States history...bar none....If Israel attacks Iran and the Russian Bear from the north steps in to help them and the USA doesn't.....well..... Katie bar the door!!! Pray for our country!

O is the worst President is United States history...bar none....If Israel attacks Iran and the Russian Bear from the north steps in to help them and the USA doesn't.....well..... Katie bar the door!!! Pray for our country!

TMA, to further illustrate your point, I will tell you that my extremely liberal niece, who campaigned for Obama (and is in her 2nd year of college and never speaks to me because I disagree with her politically) kept me up until 1 AM the other night discussing politics. She nearly broke out into tears when she said, and I quote, "I am afraid my generation gave away the greatest country in the history of the world and we'll never get it back". Now if that's not saying something, I don't know what is!

TMA, to further illustrate your point, I will tell you that my extremely liberal niece, who campaigned for Obama (and is in her 2nd year of college and never speaks to me because I disagree with her politically) kept me up until 1 AM the other night discussing politics. She nearly broke out into tears when she said, and I quote, "I am afraid my generation gave away the greatest country in the history of the world and we'll never get it back". Now if that's not saying something, I don't know what is!

I can't begin to count the amount of people I know that swore buy him and now have nothing good to say about O.. And then there are still people out that for some reason won't understand what he is doing until it is too late.:(

Well so much for all the leftist talk about trust and great relations within the international communities. Obama turns his back on Isreal at his own peril, and hopefuly not ours. I truly hope that the Israeli people understand that the majority of Americas do not agree with Obama.

"I am afraid my generation gave away the greatest country in the history of the world and we'll never get it back".

Yes... they did. Everyone who voted for him effectively stuck a knife in the heart of America and twisted it full. Too bad all of us have to reap what those idiots sewed.

It's amazing that we have been allies with Israel for over 40 years, and O can undo that in less than two years in office. These are precarious times, and like others, I pray we never need to call on our allies someday. At this rate we will have none.

Hummmm,

There is usually a big debate about anything said on this site that has the word Obama in it. Over 200 people have viewed this post and there isn't one person who has defended Obama's actions. Maybe this woke them up?

God Bless America

I couldn't believe how Rude O was. I think he needs to step back for a moment and think about what he is doing!

Haven't you figure it out yet? He knows exactly what he is thinking about, and it has nothing to do with your freedoms or mine. He has a vision fr the USA, for us it will be a nightmare.

Mongo,

My wife and I were driving home from a dinner date the other night and I saw two young couples "walking" their partners on a leash like your picture above. I just have a question as that was the first time I had ever seen anything like that in my life. What the heck is the meaning of it, or why do they do it? Do you know? I laughed all they way home after we saw it and almost turned around to make sure I had in fact witnessed what I thought I had. Just curious.

Todd

PS. Sorry my question is a bit "Off Topic" but I had to ask.

Unfortunatley, we are between "Barack and a hard place." IMO Os foreign policies are based on a false reality. It will come back to haunt him if Isreal attacks Iran because the US will be commited to another war! JMO

Unfortunatley, we are between "Barack and a hard place." IMO Os foreign policies are based on a false reality. It will come back to haunt him if Isreal attacks Iran because the US will be commited to another war! JMO

Yeah and with Obama in office we'll help Iran attack Israel

At this rate I am wondering if O is gonna even make it to the end of his term. He has lost all respect from the american public , even the vast majority of his supporters are running for cover. I voted for McCain as did most the people I know, but after he won I thought ok show us what you got and was willing to give him a chance to do what right. At this point it is looking like total failure and some very dark days ahead for our country. But the tide will turn and hopefully we can recover from this someday before all is lost. JMO~~~~Bluto