Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Initial Public Offering (IPO) for the Iraqi Stock Market (Not yet)

mauser

Spoke to a good friend, who extensive portfolio, and explained to him about the ISX.   He contacted his Manager/Financial Advisor/Registered Financial Consultant on getting in on the ground floor in the ISX and how to proceed. The following is what he stated: 

Thanks for your email and for taking our call. We contacted several resources, all of whom stated that there isn't, that they know if, any schedule Initial Public Offering (IPO) for the Iraqi Stock Market and also, that Nasdaq is only helping them with their electronic trading/profile.

The links below should also set forward some additional information - we'll keep looking..

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-03/nasdaq-helps-set-up-iraq-erbil-bourse-after-qatar-sale-correct-.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/15/us-iraq-zain-ipo-idUSBRE98E09W20130915

http://www.bankingtech.com/150942/iraq-stock-exchange-prepares-new-trading-system/

http://ir.nasdaqomx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=774435

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/iraqi-stock-exchange/

If any more information comes to light concerning the ISX and being able to get involved I will pass it on...

Spoke to a good friend, who extensive portfolio, and explained to him about the ISX.   He contacted his Manager/Financial Advisor/Registered Financial Consultant on getting in on the ground floor in the ISX and how to proceed. The following is what he stated: 

Thanks for your email and for taking our call. We contacted several resources, all of whom stated that there isn't, that they know if, any schedule Initial Public Offering (IPO) for the Iraqi Stock Market and also, that Nasdaq is only helping them with their electronic trading/profile.

The links below should also set forward some additional information - we'll keep looking..

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-03/nasdaq-helps-set-up-iraq-erbil-bourse-after-qatar-sale-correct-.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/09/15/us-iraq-zain-ipo-idUSBRE98E09W20130915

http://www.bankingtech.com/150942/iraq-stock-exchange-prepares-new-trading-system/

http://ir.nasdaqomx.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=774435

http://www.iraq-businessnews.com/tag/iraqi-stock-exchange/

If any more information comes to light concerning the ISX and being able to get involved I will pass it on...

Nonsense..... The ISX is well established. Do not confuse the ISX with the ESX. Please go to the ISX section and become better informed. It is clear that you have not found wise counsel on this matter. When I first inquired about the ISX, I found it quite refreshing to find members in the ISX section who actually traded and/or performed financial planning for others. As a speculator, one should extrapolate that if professional US traders are actively trading in the ISX, then they must have figured something out that non-professional traders have not. Furthermore, If you have to explain to your Securities Advisor what the ISX is, then the conversation is over before they even begin to speak.

These GROUND FLOOR ROOKIES make me laugh.......everybody wants fast money with no effort.  Those folks will never make a dime.

Careful...The Ground Floor people, as it relates to the ISX-ESX, have already gone to the bank laughing. Go figure???? Please go to ISX section and read from the beginning. You will see that there are a host of active traders who have already amassed incredible returns on the ISX.

• Upvote 2

These GROUND FLOOR ROOKIES make me laugh.......everybody wants fast money with no effort.  Those folks will never make a dime.

even if the people do make money on the dinar through an RV tthey will be the low hanging fruit to be picked off hastily and right back to where they were before.

even if the people do make money on the dinar through an RV tthey will be the low hanging fruit to be picked off hastily and right back to where they were before.

A fool and his money are soon to part....this is nothing new. What people do with their money is their problem. However, it has been nice to see that many people plan to do good with their new funds.

mauser my friend, to put it bluntly, those people you are referring are truly clueless.  i wouldn't look for them to validate what i know to be true.  we are trading the bourse ALREADY.  we are making great percentages on our investments.  we have solid working relationships with brokers right NOW.  

normally i don't talk personal figures but i am a bit incensed from some of the foolish talk.  BDSI: buy price 2.32 IQD / share    sell prince 3.66 IQD / share = 57.7% increase my friend.  that is fact.  so what ever else these "experts" have to advise you on about the ISX, well i'm not quite sure what they have to say that i would be willing to listen to.  

• Upvote 1

TrinityX,

Good to see you on tonight. Crazy articles are coming out on the ISX. Custodian Banks, Training for Nasdaq completed, A second bourse the ESX on track to launch, and a few good ones that are set to make us a pretty penny.

• Upvote 2

TrinityX,

Hang in there. I too am taking a good look at where I can find some cash. I am going to rework my budget and make 2014 a PB&J lunch everyday type of change. Christmas has already been budgeted whereby some of my children have asked to purchase stock in lieu of gifts, now that makes me even more excited.

IPO, “National Bank of Iraq,” to raise capital
December 5, 2013 13:19

National Bank of Iraq (BNOI)
Next Monday .. IPO

National Bank of Iraq announced today via the market that it will begin the IPO shares offered amount (98 billion), as of Monday, 09/12/2013, at the main branch of the Bank of the Gulf, and in implementation of the decision of the general meeting held on October 23, 2013 to increase the company’s capital from (152) billion to 250 billion, according to Article (55 / I) of the Companies Act.

tthe CBI wants all the banks at 250 billion, its part of their strategy.  im looking forward to the part where the people have money to use the banks for more services.(thought i would never root for banks in my lifetime... but there it is.)

go iraq.

.(thought i would never root for banks in my lifetime... but there it is.)

same here my friend.  one could never have convinced me that i would cheer bankers on.  one day i came to accept the fact that the banks are the money powers of the world and the only one who can change that, if He wills, is God.  so instead i've realigned my efforts and decided that i may as well make the money, through their system's way, and use it for furthering the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.  

but i do know exactly what you mean.

Luke 16:8-12

And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light. 
And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations. 
He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?
  • Upvote 1

How does this effect the rv of iqd ?

IPO, “National Bank of Iraq,” to raise capital

December 5, 2013 13:19

National Bank of Iraq (BNOI)

Next Monday .. IPO

National Bank of Iraq announced today via the market that it will begin the IPO shares offered amount (98 billion), as of Monday, 09/12/2013, at the main branch of the Bank of the Gulf, and in implementation of the decision of the general meeting held on October 23, 2013 to increase the company’s capital from (152) billion to 250 billion, according to Article (55 / I) of the Companies Act.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we are both laughing Frank61.  I can't stop laughing at the insane percentages I have gained since trading this bourse.  If that lands me the "Ground Floor Rookie" tag, then make mine platinum  :twothumbs:

No No, you are missing my point, I am in the ISX and have been for 3 years.  I think its great and strongly believe in it.  I was talking about people who think unless they get in on the so-called GROUND FLOOR, they wont make money.

No No, you are missing my point, I am in the ISX and have been for 3 years.  I think its great and strongly believe in it.  I was talking about people who think unless they get in on the so-called GROUND FLOOR, they wont make money.

ah! I see.  then i agree with you.  money will be made regardless of what floor you get in on :)  heck after my basement money rise, it will be reinvested on another floor (compounding) and keep producing :)  exciting!