Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqiya refuses two years of PM office

It seems to me that with all of the recount, no recount, count, no recount ... news that seems to be all there is for news these days that not seating a government is certainly acceptable to someone.

A friend and I were discussing this when he pointed out that at $2M/month al-Maliki was making about $500,000/wk and on a 5 day work week about $100,000/work day. He figures al-Maliki is willing to leave Iraq unstable for personal gain. That much $$ would fund a whole bunch of things that he might be willing to do to retain the PM's mantle.

I couldn't disagree with him.

$2M/month!? Wow, that's way more than any world leader in the West that I can think of. Geesh, I'd take his job for a month or two, happily get impeached, and go retire!

Amazing how our government would b!tc# like crazy over any CEO making that much but we fund a mediocre PM without issue.

Don't forget his 2 mill. is only 2 grand USD

Nope it is reported that it is $2M USD not 2M IQD ... think about it, all that oil money going to a bank in New York amounting from between $1B USD to $6B USD per month that has not been touched for 72 months and counting. It's probably higher than that since the pipeline is running and they are working to increase production. You and I are footing the entire bill. This oil money is why RI/RV at a decent level is not the problem that you envision it to be. Remember, that only approximately 90% of all IQD is held privately. the balance is held by Central Banks around the world who are required to keep a percentage of their average trade with Iraq. the IMF will regulate whether they need to buy or sell IQD to keep this percentage constant. In other words ... it will never be cashed in all at once, but over time will flow through there. al-Maliki just has his thumb, fist, and both feet in the pie as do many government officials who continue to cry out about the level of poverty that their citizens live under. RI/RV and make us all happy ... it will cut off the "gravy train" though.

Peace

Nice post Doc! Glad to know you my Dinar mentor / friend... LOL :twothumbs:

You always bring facts, understanding, and a keen perpective to an issue...

Go Doc! I mean Go DINAR! RV/RI already will you?! :lol:

(I'm working on that research I promise!)

Nope it is reported that it is $2M USD not 2M IQD ... think about it, all that oil money going to a bank in New York amounting from between $1B USD to $6B USD per month that has not been touched for 72 months and counting. It's probably higher than that since the pipeline is running and they are working to increase production. You and I are footing the entire bill. This oil money is why RI/RV at a decent level is not the problem that you envision it to be. Remember, that only approximately 90% of all IQD is held privately. the balance is held by Central Banks around the world who are required to keep a percentage of their average trade with Iraq. the IMF will regulate whether they need to buy or sell IQD to keep this percentage constant. In other words ... it will never be cashed in all at once, but over time will flow through there. al-Maliki just has his thumb, fist, and both feet in the pie as do many government officials who continue to cry out about the level of poverty that their citizens live under. RI/RV and make us all happy ... it will cut off the "gravy train" though.

Peace

It seems to me that with all of the recount, no recount, count, no recount ... news that seems to be all there is for news these days that not seating a government is certainly acceptable to someone.

A friend and I were discussing this when he pointed out that at $2M/month al-Maliki was making about $500,000/wk and on a 5 day work week about $100,000/work day. He figures al-Maliki is willing to leave Iraq unstable for personal gain. That much $$ would fund a whole bunch of things that he might be willing to do to retain the PM's mantle.

I couldn't disagree with him.

I hope they refuse to pay the jerk while he's holding up the country!