Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Watch Out Who You Buy From On Ebay - Dinar Sellers Claiming They Won't Ship If It Revalues

rulesforrebels

Hey guys stumbled across this and thought it was pretty interesting. Dinar sellers on ebay claiming they won't ship if it revalues. Now I don't doubt that pretty much any seller in the case of an rv would say sorry not shipping it and give you a refund. I don't think there's that many honest people who would pass up a huge windfall for themselves to honor an ebay sale but none the less was kinda surprised someone woudl outright say this in their listing

******Admin Note****** Removed link to other site as it is a rule violation!

Edited by TexasGranny
remove link to other site

That's incredible that these eBay sellers are actually stating this. I agree that this is a marketing ploy. Also probably trying to avoid negative feedback but who wouldn't leave negative feedback even if it states this condition and you are offered a refund?! You go on eBay to purchase items. If you pay what a seller posts on eBay, you should get what you pay for regardless of the circumstances. This is definitely against eBay policy and should remove posts like this.

• Upvote 1

That's incredible that these eBay sellers are actually stating this. I agree that this is a marketing ploy. Also probably trying to avoid negative feedback but who wouldn't leave negative feedback even if it states this condition and you are offered a refund?! You go on eBay to purchase items. If you pay what a seller posts on eBay, you should get what you pay for regardless of the circumstances. This is definitely against eBay policy and should remove posts like this.

yeah i used to sell on ebay years ago now just dont care to. anyhow i always find it funny when people make up their own policies like you must pay within 12 hours. regardless of what people say in their listings ebay policies trump all policies and override anything you put in a listing. just b/c you say must pay within 12 hours good luck opening a nonpayment claim because ebay will still make you wait 4 days or whatever the current rule is.

yeah i agree sellers like this should be reported so their listings are taken down if they want to void sales after the fact against policy. id hate it if i bought an item and the seller says you know what i wish i woulda got more for it im not shipping

Buy money on Ebay? Nope, I think I will pass!

That's like buying a car at Wal-mart. LOL

ebay in many ways is safer than other methods. ebays buyer protection really helps buyers and heavily favors them. if you've been a member of this forum for a while  you may remember when one of the larger more well known dealers was shorting people and not sending orders and not making it righhht with buyers. if im not mistaken adam had to step in and put some pressure on them to make the situation right but they were resistant to. pay with paypal your protected from issues. once you send that wire its gone and your reliant on the dealer to trust you and make things right if you claim a shortage or not receiving a package.

I would agree with rulesforrebels. Definitely pay via Paypal if you do purchase off eBay and check out the seller's reviews. Did they previously have happy customers who recently bought dinar or other currency? Does the seller have a high positive rating with zero negative feedback?

There is always risk with buying anything on the net but eBay is relatively safe if you know what to look for and pay via Paypal only.

I did recently purchase IQD off eBay and I can't say anything but to recommend it (if it's a fair price).

• Upvote 2

I would agree with rulesforrebels. Definitely pay via Paypal if you do purchase off eBay and check out the seller's reviews. Did they previously have happy customers who recently bought dinar or other currency? Does the seller have a high positive rating with zero negative feedback?

There is always risk with buying anything on the net but eBay is relatively safe if you know what to look for and pay via Paypal only.

I did recently purchase IQD off eBay and I can't say anything but to recommend it (if it's a fair price)

yeah i agree, ive bought off ebay a number of times. ebay is a little less professional than amazon overall in that some smaller sellers only go to post office once a week and will sit on your package which is kind of annoying. its all about who you buy from though. there's a handful of a professional sellers with nice marketing and presentation and who state they are fincen registered and state their shipping time and policies vs jim just selling some dinar who's listing says "1million dinar" and nothing else. If you buy from the good guys they are just as good if not better than the toher dealers were familiar with. i will however say that i have had an experience buying what a seller claimed was uncirculated but was circulated. i opened a complaint with payapl and ebay and had the option of returning or accepting a $60 partial refund and a discount on the dinar. i wound up paying like 900 for a mill back when prices were higher so getting an extra 60 off was a good deal even if the dinar was circulated. ive never been burnt on ebay though where the situation wasn't righted.

• Upvote 1

i will however say that i have had an experience buying what a seller claimed was uncirculated but was circulated. i opened a complaint with payapl and ebay and had the option of returning or accepting a $60 partial refund and a discount on the dinar. i wound up paying like 900 for a mill back when prices were higher so getting an extra 60 off was a good deal even if the dinar was circulated. ive never been burnt on ebay though where the situation wasn't righted.

Luckily circulated vs uncirculated will not make a difference when exchanging so even better that you got some money back. :-)

• Upvote 1

ebay in many ways is safer than other methods. ebays buyer protection really helps buyers and heavily favors them. if you've been a member of this forum for a while  you may remember when one of the larger more well known dealers was shorting people and not sending orders and not making it righhht with buyers. if im not mistaken adam had to step in and put some pressure on them to make the situation right but they were resistant to. pay with paypal your protected from issues. once you send that wire its gone and your reliant on the dealer to trust you and make things right if you claim a shortage or not receiving a package.

ebay is for folks looking for deals.

If you are going to purchase money - go to a money changer or bank.

Doing too much on-line will get you burned...........................................................:)

• Upvote 1

ebay is for folks looking for deals.

If you are going to purchase money - go to a money changer or bank.

Doing too much on-line will get you burned........................................................... :)

you apparently miss the point of ebay/paypal protectioni. its pretty much bulletproof for the buyer.like i said before, once you send a wire or a check that money is gone. with paypal there is essentially and escrow that heavily favors you as the buyer. if i have an issue with not receiving ill be getting my money back. if you have an issue let me know how that goes telling the dealer hey i didnt get my package, we show you did sorry. this very issue happenned to a lot of members on this site wiht a certain dealer named after a city in the southeast  ;) also whats wrong with wanting a deal/ why pay $1040 when i can get a mill for 950

Edited by rulesforrebels
  • Upvote 1

gymrat,

Who the hell isn't looking for a deal these days by the way? 

I'm an eBay Power Seller who also buys a wide variety of stuff off eBay including IQD, IDR and ZWD - small and large amounts with 100% success over the years. The key is being smart enough to avoid questionable Sellers. While I still prefer to do business with people I can look in the eye, the lure of "the deal" becons every now and then. The key is only buy from Sellers with bullet-proof feedback and spotless Seller rating. A well established eBay Seller is not about to jeopardize their livelihood by screwing people out of a few bucks so the key is don't buy from just anyone and certainly don't buy large amounts from anyone who isn't well established. One eBay Seller I have dealt with invites you to call on the phone and offers local pickup (in Nashville) - they have a multi-location brick and mortar businesses there. As an eBay Power Seller, I can assure you eBay Buyer/Seller Protection works, believe me! It may take a couple weeks to get your money back, but you will get it back. Been there, done that....

Ultimately, as a WF account holder, the most cost effective (lowest fee) option to buy foreign currency (i.e. Dong) is to walk into WF and order it however, that has not been an option for IQD in my area. Within the last couple months, a nationally known dealer opened up shop in the Mall Of America. Very convenient, but also has the highest spread for IQD.

The thing I will not do on eBay is buy certain types of options. I look very closely at location (for convenience) and will only buy options from Sellers who I can contact on the phone who will agree to local pickup in the event of RV. 

I think the vast majority of currency transactions on eBay these days are smaller low risk dollar amounts and options. The best and most secure deals for major purchases of  IQD are unquestionably going to be Banks (if there are any?) and Foreign Currency Traders (in country).

Bottom line is don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - keep your options open while being cautious and smart about who you deal with!

• Upvote 1

gymrat,

Who the hell isn't looking for a deal these days by the way? 

I'm an eBay Power Seller who also buys a wide variety of stuff off eBay including IQD, IDR and ZWD - small and large amounts with 100% success over the years. The key is being smart enough to avoid questionable Sellers. While I still prefer to do business with people I can look in the eye, the lure of "the deal" becons every now and then. The key is only buy from Sellers with bullet-proof feedback and spotless Seller rating. A well established eBay Seller is not about to jeopardize their livelihood by screwing people out of a few bucks so the key is don't buy from just anyone and certainly don't buy large amounts from anyone who isn't well established. One eBay Seller I have dealt with invites you to call on the phone and offers local pickup (in Nashville) - they have a multi-location brick and mortar businesses there. As an eBay Power Seller, I can assure you eBay Buyer/Seller Protection works, believe me! It may take a couple weeks to get your money back, but you will get it back. Been there, done that....

Ultimately, as a WF account holder, the most cost effective (lowest fee) option to buy foreign currency (i.e. Dong) is to walk into WF and order it however, that has not been an option for IQD in my area. Within the last couple months, a nationally known dealer opened up shop in the Mall Of America. Very convenient, but also has the highest spread for IQD.

The thing I will not do on eBay is buy certain types of options. I look very closely at location (for convenience) and will only buy options from Sellers who I can contact on the phone who will agree to local pickup in the event of RV. 

I think the vast majority of currency transactions on eBay these days are smaller low risk dollar amounts and options. The best and most secure deals for major purchases of  IQD are unquestionably going to be Banks (if there are any?) and Foreign Currency Traders (in country).

Bottom line is don't throw the baby out with the bathwater - keep your options open while being cautious and smart about who you deal with!

hey great advice and i agree about ebay protection of buyers. if you dont mind sharing whos the ebayer who you've had such great experiences with? im not in the market to buy more but have some friends and family still buying so maybe ill forward along your recomendation. 

thats crazy about the mall of america selling dinar. im heading to burnsville in few weekends to visit some family, ill have to stop in and check it out.

as for options on ebay, id avoid them like the plague. in hte past year ive only seen maybe 3-4 people offering them, one seemed like a big time dealer in terms of presentation and stuff the rest seemed like small guys who had no history selling dinar. the big guy inspired confidence but when he's selling a billion dinar a week in options i highly doubt he could back it. i think he's since disapeared off ebay, maybe got in trouble with them or something i have no idea. the other smallertime option sellers, again, i find it hard to believe some guy who doesn't even claim to be fincen registered has 100 million dinar a week to sell options on. just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1