Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FOR THOSE OF U THAT STILL BELIEVE THE KUWAIT RV LIE

fib1618

I posted this 9 days ago when bitcoin was at

850 - 900...

"I kinda wish it was "shortable". It's time to sell the rally's. Well, that's what my chart says".

It rallied another $150 into resistance.... than chit the bed. Low today was in the 400's.

I'll say it again...

Damn, I wish that crap was shortable.

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 2

Kuwait Begins To Restore Life To Its Economy

March 17, 1991|By Stephen Franklin, Chicago Tribune.

KUWAIT CITY, KUWAIT — In a darkened fourth-floor board room in the heart of Kuwait`s ravaged financial district, the newly returned heads of the National Bank of Kuwait struggled last week to put their business back together.

They were making little progress.

``There is no electricity, no workers, no nothing. It is very difficult to start again in this environment,`` said a glum Faisal Radwan, the bank`s deputy general manager, who stayed in London during the Iraqi occupation.

After considering the financial headaches caused by the Iraqis-the money that was looted from the bank, the destroyed businesses and devastated real estate holdings-Radwan, whose bank is Kuwait`s largest, thought hard to come up with a hopeful sign.

``I thought the physical destruction of the bank would be much worse,``

he said.

Actually the early prognosis for Kuwait`s banks, as well as for its economy, is encouraging.

Despite the Iraqis` extensive looting of their wealthy neighbor, the country has the money, expertise and resources to restore its comfortable existence, say Kuwait and foreign experts.

``I`m fairly optimistic,`` said a Western diplomat who noted that Kuwait earned more from foreign investments than oil revenues from 1985 to 1990, a mark of asset-diversification decisions years ago.

Before the invasion, the Kuwait government had an estimated $100 billion in investments, of which 60 percent was in the U.S. Private citizens had nearly as much.

Yusuf al-Ibrahim, an economics professor at Kuwait University, predicts that Kuwaitis will be richer than before, since the population may be cut in half by the government as result of its efforts to keep out foreign workers.

When the Iraqis invaded last August, the Kuwaitis were a minority in their own country. They accounted for about one third of the 2 million residents. The rest were foreigners who did everything from collecting garbage to holding high-ranking positions in the Central Bank.

Still, the future is hardly cloudless.

The most important problem is the fate of the nation`s oil wells. Over 500 wells are still on fire, and officials say they have no idea so far of the long-term financial implications.

Kuwaiti officials hope the fires and mining of their oil fields by the Iraqis will not seriously reduce their oil reserves, which rank third in the world behind those of Saudi Arabia and the Soviet Union.

According to their worst case scenarios, they could lose 10 percent of their proven reserve of 90 billion barrels by time the fires are halted.

The loss of investor confidence is another potential problem. Professor al-Ibrahim expects cautious investors to stay away from Kuwait for the next two years as the rebuilding takes place. This will hurt the nation`s highly developed real estate and financial markets, he says.

Yet another potential dilemma is manpower. Many of the top jobs in the economy were held by foreigners, especially Palestinians who filled key positions in the health and banking areas. The bulk of these workers fled at the start of the occupation, and await the government`s decision to let them back in.

But a powerful wave of anger aimed at Palestinians, some of whom collaborated with the Iraqis, has swept the country. Fearing for their lives, some Palestinians refuse to walk the streets. Others talk of finding work in another country.

Planning Minister Suleiman Mutawa says the government must take two basic steps to limit the number of foreign workers in Kuwait.

First, it must limit the number of marginal workers, whom he describes as a drain on the economy because they receive the government`s free public services. Then it has to restrict certain strategic jobs to Kuwaitis, he said. As for the toll of the Iraqis` looting and destruction on the banking industry, which is the engine that drives the economy, officials say it is too early for a comprehensive count.

But they know the Iraqis stole $950 million in gold bullion from the safes of the government`s Central Bank, and another $1 billion in Kuwaiti currency.

To kick the economy out of its postwar chaos and to establish a standard currency, they plan to take several steps in the coming week.

Once electrical power is returned, they expect to open the banks for basic services. They will introduce new Kuwaiti dinars to prevent the old ones stolen by the Iraqis from flooding the market.

The price of the dinar has not yet been fixed, but economists expect it to have a lower rate than before due to the nation`s economy. Previously, $3 bought one Kuwaiti dinar.

The government will tell the banks to assume that all bank accounts were frozen last Aug. 1, allowing Kuwaitis to ignore funds drawn during the Iraqi occupation, said officials with the Central Bank.

Sheik Salam Abdul-Aziz Saud al-Sabah, governor of the Central Bank, said the bank will do all it can to help the banks, which have had financial problems since the nation`s stock market collapsed in 1982.

Gold's getting hammered... Looks like the June low will be tested very soon. If that breaks I'll probably have an opportunity to start accumulating Mexican 50 peso's starting at $1000 and maybe down as low as $850 on a final flush out. Still looking for silver at $18 flat... Then $16... Then $14 if I'm lucky.

Buy it when nobody wants it.

Wooooo hoooooo!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kuwait Begins To Restore Life To Its Economy

March 17, 1991|By Stephen Franklin, Chicago Tribune.

KUWAIT CITY, KUWAIT — In a darkened fourth-floor board room in the heart of Kuwait`s ravaged financial district, the newly returned heads of the National Bank of Kuwait struggled last week to put their business back together.

They were making little progress.

``There is no electricity, no workers, no nothing. It is very difficult to start again in this environment,`` said a glum Faisal Radwan, the bank`s deputy general manager, who stayed in London during the Iraqi occupation.

After considering the financial headaches caused by the Iraqis-the money that was looted from the bank, the destroyed businesses and devastated real estate holdings-Radwan, whose bank is Kuwait`s largest, thought hard to come up with a hopeful sign.

``I thought the physical destruction of the bank would be much worse,``

he said.

Actually the early prognosis for Kuwait`s banks, as well as for its economy, is encouraging.

Despite the Iraqis` extensive looting of their wealthy neighbor, the country has the money, expertise and resources to restore its comfortable existence, say Kuwait and foreign experts.

``I`m fairly optimistic,`` said a Western diplomat who noted that Kuwait earned more from foreign investments than oil revenues from 1985 to 1990, a mark of asset-diversification decisions years ago.

Before the invasion, the Kuwait government had an estimated $100 billion in investments, of which 60 percent was in the U.S. Private citizens had nearly as much.

Yusuf al-Ibrahim, an economics professor at Kuwait University, predicts that Kuwaitis will be richer than before, since the population may be cut in half by the government as result of its efforts to keep out foreign workers.

When the Iraqis invaded last August, the Kuwaitis were a minority in their own country. They accounted for about one third of the 2 million residents. The rest were foreigners who did everything from collecting garbage to holding high-ranking positions in the Central Bank.

Still, the future is hardly cloudless.

The most important problem is the fate of the nation`s oil wells. Over 500 wells are still on fire, and officials say they have no idea so far of the long-term financial implications.

Kuwaiti officials hope the fires and mining of their oil fields by the Iraqis will not seriously reduce their oil reserves, which rank third in the world behind those of Saudi Arabia and the Soviet Union.

According to their worst case scenarios, they could lose 10 percent of their proven reserve of 90 billion barrels by time the fires are halted.

The loss of investor confidence is another potential problem. Professor al-Ibrahim expects cautious investors to stay away from Kuwait for the next two years as the rebuilding takes place. This will hurt the nation`s highly developed real estate and financial markets, he says.

Yet another potential dilemma is manpower. Many of the top jobs in the economy were held by foreigners, especially Palestinians who filled key positions in the health and banking areas. The bulk of these workers fled at the start of the occupation, and await the government`s decision to let them back in.

But a powerful wave of anger aimed at Palestinians, some of whom collaborated with the Iraqis, has swept the country. Fearing for their lives, some Palestinians refuse to walk the streets. Others talk of finding work in another country.

Planning Minister Suleiman Mutawa says the government must take two basic steps to limit the number of foreign workers in Kuwait.

First, it must limit the number of marginal workers, whom he describes as a drain on the economy because they receive the government`s free public services. Then it has to restrict certain strategic jobs to Kuwaitis, he said. As for the toll of the Iraqis` looting and destruction on the banking industry, which is the engine that drives the economy, officials say it is too early for a comprehensive count.

But they know the Iraqis stole $950 million in gold bullion from the safes of the government`s Central Bank, and another $1 billion in Kuwaiti currency.

To kick the economy out of its postwar chaos and to establish a standard currency, they plan to take several steps in the coming week.

Once electrical power is returned, they expect to open the banks for basic services. They will introduce new Kuwaiti dinars to prevent the old ones stolen by the Iraqis from flooding the market.

The price of the dinar has not yet been fixed, but economists expect it to have a lower rate than before due to the nation`s economy. Previously, $3 bought one Kuwaiti dinar.

The government will tell the banks to assume that all bank accounts were frozen last Aug. 1, allowing Kuwaitis to ignore funds drawn during the Iraqi occupation, said officials with the Central Bank.

Sheik Salam Abdul-Aziz Saud al-Sabah, governor of the Central Bank, said the bank will do all it can to help the banks, which have had financial problems since the nation`s stock market collapsed in 1982.

Ya markinsa it doesn't matter what history says

Fib has his own history book he's writing

See according to fib they didn't calculate the increase for Kuwait they just threw out some dice and pick the three dollar figure off the price tag of a box of cigars

So it never happened

The currency never needed fixed

It was fine the whole time

For the benefit of people here this is what basically got deleted and censored. I made a stamens that I did go to that toxic site to troll them after I got angry at what they were writing about me. I made it clear that the lopsters have been trolling various dinar sites for years especially this one. I made reference that Sam I am sends his lopster troops over here and other dinar sites to troll and cause trouble. They continually change their usernames on the dinar sites after getting banned. I wanted to give the lopsters a taste of their own medicine so I trolled their site for a change. Sam I am and the lopster wanted this deleting because they have an agenda to lie about the dinar. I think I am banned on that site or they are looking at my posts first. Either way the lopsters are sinister and they have an agenda. I'm now bored with what I have done and in the words of one of wisest person I have had the opportunity to converse with ' let's get back to the dinar.'

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Gold's getting hammered... Junes low is being tested...If that breaks I'll probably have an opportunity to start accumulating Mexican 50 peso's starting at gold $1000 and maybe down as low as $850 on a final flush out. Still looking for silver at $18 flat... Then $16... Then $14 if I'm lucky.

Buy it when nobody wants it.

I ain't skeered!

Wooooo hoooooo!

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

For the benefit of people here this is what basically got deleted and censored. I made a stamens that I did go to that toxic site to troll them after I got angry at what they were writing about me. I made it clear that the lopsters have been trolling various dinar sites for years especially this one. I made reference that Sam I am sends his lopster troops over here and other dinar sites to troll and cause trouble. They continually change their usernames on the dinar sites after getting banned. I wanted to give the lopsters a taste of their own medicine so I trolled their site for a change. Sam I am and the lopster wanted this deleting because they have an agenda to lie about the dinar. I think I am banned on that site or they are looking at my posts first. Either way the lopsters are sinister and they have an agenda. I'm now bored with what I have done and in the words of one of wisest person I have had the opportunity to converse with ' let's get back to the dinar.'

Good job we know they troll this site for sure

If they don't like the investment opertunity they should go to one they like

But they most likely don't have any money or investments or anything else to do so they make up endless screen names on this site

What a life

Most people here bought their dinar years ago and are just waiting it out to see what happens

They can't stand us talking about it

Hey we all know they possibilities all of them and it isn't because they informed us

We knew it before they ever started trolling here

It's not going to kill me if I break even

I'm not depending on this for my retirement

I just figured if the big daddy's pulling the strings were going to pull something off behind the scenes I was going to make them pay me some of our tax dollars back for the cost of war in Iraq

I'll spend it locally if they do

I wasn't looking for some legitimate process I was looking for some creative banking schemes, underhanded dirty dealin where nothing is stolen from anyone but new wealth being created by the power brokers of the world

So all the crying about how normal banking practices are

Who cares

That's not what we may be looking at here

I'm thinking this is no college educated brainwashed college professor way of economically calculated figures I'm looking for a big huge money grab covered up by a war somewhere else like Iran or Syria

When this happens the media will be so busy covering the war the dinar rv will pass by so quickly no one would really care

All this talk about pegs and floats

Who cares

I'm looking for a pot of gold that just fell out of the sky

No one was robbed

No one will complain that a bunch of money appeared into the global economy and no one will complain at all the cheap oil prices that are on the way which will lead to a new cycle of economic boom

Boom and bust all they want

I'll invest in a way that I'll be covered in either boom or bust economy

Lopsters are wasting their time trying to explain to me anything

I don't care

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

dontlop, dont join in on the factual conversations or any discussions on economics. go on, no one is making you join the conversation.

if your just lookin for the rv to fall from the sky, great, no one cares.

i love when people say, it will rv, because bush said the war would pay for itself. yeah, bil clinton said, i did not have sexual relations with that women. obama said my insurance would drop 2500 dollars a year. get the drift.

anyways, dontlop, no reason to ever again talk details on dinar with you. you expect it to rv, for no reasons at all

It can really be fun to lurk in the lopster tank, I've been casually checking in the past few weeks just to read the arguments. I find it especially entertaining over the heated arguments that are basically over semantics.

I find the history w/ Kuwait intriguing. Depending on where one stands within semantics of the word re-value, it appears that market rate or official rate would factor into a r/v of some sort with one or the other. But, I am sure many in that region were likely able to have made money in some form or fashion with how the situation was handled. We may never hear those stories, as I am sure it was mostly middle eastern people who likely profited.

If we are going to factor history into this argument of the dinar, from 2004 to 2005, the value went from around 2,000 to 1,500. (i.e., 2,000 dinar equaled a dollar to 1,500 dinars equaled a dollar). That is about a 25% appreciation in value. Did it happen overnight? No, but it happened rather quickly looking back at it. Since lopsters prefer charts, you can use this link as a guidance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tables_of_historical_exchange_rates_to_the_United_States_dollar). In a sense, the dinar has re-valued before. Not the overnight change that would make some millionaire like the gurus & pumpers promote, but appreciation where people could stand to see a profit depending on when they bought in. The change in value was a trend that continued for quite some time until it settled at the 1170 rate that we all saw and became annoyed with. It has since re-valued to a slightly better number. Call it what you want, it has a new value, so some could label that a revaluation.

if history tends to repeat itself, the value could follow a similar pattern. Imagine if the value gained 25% appreciation ever year since 2004:

2004: 2000

2005: 1500

2006: 1125

2007: 843.75

2008: 632.8125

2009: 474.609

2010: 355.975

2011: 266.967

2012: 200.225

2013: 150.169

2014: 112.527

Lets assumed this happened year after year (25% appreciation). A fellow spent $1,000 in 2004 to purchase IQD and acquired 2,000,000 IQD. That 2,000,000 IQD would equal approximately $17,312 by early 2014 figures. Not a bad turn-around for $1,000 invested for 10 years.

Obviously, this is not the route it went in a 10-year span. Most appreciation adjustments were made early on as it stabilized around the 1170.

Hindsight can always be 20/20, when looking back. While I see the arguments for a R/D, I still do not think it will fix the dollarization issue. Will it help it? Probably a little bit, but the USD will still be a popular and desired hard cash currency. Why? It is easily converted and accepted in nearly all countries (does the IQD do that!?!?) The value remains stable... (An Iraqi could bury his USD and if he were to forget it where he buried it, and found it a couple years later, he doesn't have to worry about a 2-year (or less) to exchange for new bills. 

Now, lets say they follow the Turkey model and allow for 2 years to exchange. How is it that an appreciation can be seen in the value, when so many foreign individuals, businesses, and maybe even governments(to some extent) exchange for their respective domestic currency? While some may partake in the exchange for the new bills, I wouldn't imagine that would be the route everyone went. A run on their currency will occur, which may impact their reserves. It is a balance, less liabilities, less asset appropriatley, but any outside dinars that come into circulation in the market will only do more damage than good. A R/V to a $1 would obviously cause a run as well and entirely deplete their reserves, as where a R/D would put less damage to it (therefore it is the lesser of two evils for the CBI).

So, you may argue that it is in the best interest in the CBI to exclude foreign exchange... But is it really in their best interest? Iraq is trying to heal the tension and broken relations with their neighbors.... Why impose more implicating damage in that sense? If Kuwaiti or Iranian neighbor Muhammed is running his business and has IQD on hand to help assist exchanges for goods/services to his friendly neighbor Iraq businessman suddenly finds out his hard-cash is useless and has no value. That will leave a nasty taste in his mouth and will potentially cease his relations with said Iraq businessman.

What about the corruption factor? It could be entirely too easy to exploit this exchange for the lower class who may not fully understand the exchange or what a r/d is all about. Many greedy people may find a way to exploit the exchange to suit their needs. Money exchangers have caused issues already with the market value, those same money exchangers may prey on the weak and foolish.

What would make logical sense is to continue to slowly appreciate the value. It will take a long time, but it would be in their better interests... Eventually print & issue an even lower denomination as needed and continue the trend. Return their rate to what it once was through the reverse method that caused it to get so high in the first place. Instead of inflation, slowly deflate it. What we have been seeing is that they are not doing that, which is a bummer, no doubt about that.

On another side note, some lopsters here make it appear that 2014 we will see the re-denomination occur. They also made those claims in 2013 back when the articles existed in 2012. Therefor, they have been wrong. It never occurred as they predicted in 2013. They keep kicking the rock down the road and talking about it, but we never see it. R/D articles go back to, I believe 2006. The talks have been on-going since, but no physical actions have really taken place. To however one views those articles, I see them as a positive. Why? Because it helps provide an end-date, so to speak. Whether this pops or flops or even slowly appreciates, out of those three options, a r/d article gives an ideal time frame for 2 out of 3. I am not saying that they're claiming a R/V.... No bank in their right mind would do such a thing and it would be foolish to think so. If they do go ahead and r/d, we know our ride is over and we seek out a channel to exchange back for USD. If they do provide some sort of r/v to a more substantial amount, we find ourselves making money and exit..... If they decide to appreciate the value over the long-term, we just keep on waiting and exit the ride where we see suits us best.

As for the lop site that I believe DB visited, I find it odd how the admin needs to approve your message prior to seeing it posted. What are they fearing? Why not allow free speech to all? It strikes me odd as they have an agenda or a motive of some sort. That community in itself amuses me. They're basically people who formed a group who once believed a positive outcome and have no come to believe no positive outcome exists, so they basically bash the investment overall. I would imagine I would find better use of my time if I felt this was a dead-end. I am still optimistic that money can be made, but I'm more level headed about it as I don't see this as something that'll put me into early retirement.... If I made more than what I put in, I'll call that a win. Heck, even breaking nearly even is a win considering the mark-up we paid. A total loss, would be worst-case scenario, but i would never label it a total loss. I have learned a lot in the years to label it a total loss.

Anyways lopsters, keep doing your thing.. You definitely entertain me.

• Upvote 1

It can really be fun to lurk in the lopster tank, I've been casually checking in the past few weeks just to read the arguments. I find it especially entertaining over the heated arguments that are basically over semantics.

I find the history w/ Kuwait intriguing. Depending on where one stands within semantics of the word re-value, it appears that market rate or official rate would factor into a r/v of some sort with one or the other. But, I am sure many in that region were likely able to have made money in some form or fashion with how the situation was handled. We may never hear those stories, as I am sure it was mostly middle eastern people who likely profited.

If we are going to factor history into this argument of the dinar, from 2004 to 2005, the value went from around 2,000 to 1,500. (i.e., 2,000 dinar equaled a dollar to 1,500 dinars equaled a dollar). That is about a 25% appreciation in value. Did it happen overnight? No, but it happened rather quickly looking back at it. Since lopsters prefer charts, you can use this link as a guidance (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tables_of_historical_exchange_rates_to_the_United_States_dollar). In a sense, the dinar has re-valued before. Not the overnight change that would make some millionaire like the gurus & pumpers promote, but appreciation where people could stand to see a profit depending on when they bought in. The change in value was a trend that continued for quite some time until it settled at the 1170 rate that we all saw and became annoyed with. It has since re-valued to a slightly better number. Call it what you want, it has a new value, so some could label that a revaluation.

if history tends to repeat itself, the value could follow a similar pattern. Imagine if the value gained 25% appreciation ever year since 2004:

2004: 2000

2005: 1500

2006: 1125

2007: 843.75

2008: 632.8125

2009: 474.609

2010: 355.975

2011: 266.967

2012: 200.225

2013: 150.169

2014: 112.527

Lets assumed this happened year after year (25% appreciation). A fellow spent $1,000 in 2004 to purchase IQD and acquired 2,000,000 IQD. That 2,000,000 IQD would equal approximately $17,312 by early 2014 figures. Not a bad turn-around for $1,000 invested for 10 years.

Obviously, this is not the route it went in a 10-year span. Most appreciation adjustments were made early on as it stabilized around the 1170.

Hindsight can always be 20/20, when looking back. While I see the arguments for a R/D, I still do not think it will fix the dollarization issue. Will it help it? Probably a little bit, but the USD will still be a popular and desired hard cash currency. Why? It is easily converted and accepted in nearly all countries (does the IQD do that!?!?) The value remains stable... (An Iraqi could bury his USD and if he were to forget it where he buried it, and found it a couple years later, he doesn't have to worry about a 2-year (or less) to exchange for new bills.

Now, lets say they follow the Turkey model and allow for 2 years to exchange. How is it that an appreciation can be seen in the value, when so many foreign individuals, businesses, and maybe even governments(to some extent) exchange for their respective domestic currency? While some may partake in the exchange for the new bills, I wouldn't imagine that would be the route everyone went. A run on their currency will occur, which may impact their reserves. It is a balance, less liabilities, less asset appropriatley, but any outside dinars that come into circulation in the market will only do more damage than good. A R/V to a $1 would obviously cause a run as well and entirely deplete their reserves, as where a R/D would put less damage to it (therefore it is the lesser of two evils for the CBI).

So, you may argue that it is in the best interest in the CBI to exclude foreign exchange... But is it really in their best interest? Iraq is trying to heal the tension and broken relations with their neighbors.... Why impose more implicating damage in that sense? If Kuwaiti or Iranian neighbor Muhammed is running his business and has IQD on hand to help assist exchanges for goods/services to his friendly neighbor Iraq businessman suddenly finds out his hard-cash is useless and has no value. That will leave a nasty taste in his mouth and will potentially cease his relations with said Iraq businessman.

What about the corruption factor? It could be entirely too easy to exploit this exchange for the lower class who may not fully understand the exchange or what a r/d is all about. Many greedy people may find a way to exploit the exchange to suit their needs. Money exchangers have caused issues already with the market value, those same money exchangers may prey on the weak and foolish.

What would make logical sense is to continue to slowly appreciate the value. It will take a long time, but it would be in their better interests... Eventually print & issue an even lower denomination as needed and continue the trend. Return their rate to what it once was through the reverse method that caused it to get so high in the first place. Instead of inflation, slowly deflate it. What we have been seeing is that they are not doing that, which is a bummer, no doubt about that.

On another side note, some lopsters here make it appear that 2014 we will see the re-denomination occur. They also made those claims in 2013 back when the articles existed in 2012. Therefor, they have been wrong. It never occurred as they predicted in 2013. They keep kicking the rock down the road and talking about it, but we never see it. R/D articles go back to, I believe 2006. The talks have been on-going since, but no physical actions have really taken place. To however one views those articles, I see them as a positive. Why? Because it helps provide an end-date, so to speak. Whether this pops or flops or even slowly appreciates, out of those three options, a r/d article gives an ideal time frame for 2 out of 3. I am not saying that they're claiming a R/V.... No bank in their right mind would do such a thing and it would be foolish to think so. If they do go ahead and r/d, we know our ride is over and we seek out a channel to exchange back for USD. If they do provide some sort of r/v to a more substantial amount, we find ourselves making money and exit..... If they decide to appreciate the value over the long-term, we just keep on waiting and exit the ride where we see suits us best.

As for the lop site that I believe DB visited, I find it odd how the admin needs to approve your message prior to seeing it posted. What are they fearing? Why not allow free speech to all? It strikes me odd as they have an agenda or a motive of some sort. That community in itself amuses me. They're basically people who formed a group who once believed a positive outcome and have no come to believe no positive outcome exists, so they basically bash the investment overall. I would imagine I would find better use of my time if I felt this was a dead-end. I am still optimistic that money can be made, but I'm more level headed about it as I don't see this as something that'll put me into early retirement.... If I made more than what I put in, I'll call that a win. Heck, even breaking nearly even is a win considering the mark-up we paid. A total loss, would be worst-case scenario, but i would never label it a total loss. I have learned a lot in the years to label it a total loss.

Anyways lopsters, keep doing your thing.. You definitely entertain me.

You said...

"As for the lop site that I believe DB visited, I find it odd how the admin needs to approve your message prior to seeing it posted. What are they fearing? Why not allow free speech to all? It strikes me odd as they have an agenda or a motive of some sort."

The owner of that blog doesn't have a ban feature...he was forced to put comments on review ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO due to DB's language and behavior. I saw some of his posts before Sam was forced to put them on preview... He was using some pretty filthy language.

"December 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Unfortunately I don't have that feature with this free blogging software. My only options are to put all comments on preview which will discourage discussion, delete all of his trolling posts, or just ignore him. For the record I didn't delete anything of substance. It was just a bunch of accusations and juvenile behaviour."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You said...

"As for the lop site that I believe DB visited, I find it odd how the admin needs to approve your message prior to seeing it posted. What are they fearing? Why not allow free speech to all? It strikes me odd as they have an agenda or a motive of some sort."

The owner of that blog doesn't have a ban feature...he was forced to put comments on review ONLY A FEW DAYS AGO due to DB's language and behavior. I saw some of his posts before Sam was forced to put them on preview... He was using some pretty filthy language.

"December 18, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Unfortunately I don't have that feature with this free blogging software. My only options are to put all comments on preview which will discourage discussion, delete all of his trolling posts, or just ignore him. For the record I didn't delete anything of substance. It was just a bunch of accusations and juvenile behaviour."

I admit I did get juvenile I am banned on that site and no matter how I try to comment Sam won't allow my comments on his blog. I pointed out that lopster have been trolls themselves on sites like this and I was taking a leaf out of the lopsters book and doing the same back.

It's true that lopsters have been trolls for years and I think its due to MR Rich

So fib which member of that site are you-I think networth of vinnyj7

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to spam, but this post is more relevant here:  Central Bank of Kuwait Website

Table 22: US Dollar Average Exchange Rates Against the Kuwaiti Dinar and Major Currencies

Table 22: Please see Row 101 

Table 23: Exchange Rate of the US Dollar Against the Kuwaiti Dinar

Table 23: Please see Row 100 - You will need to unhide.  This row shows a 100% change in Exchange Rate for Q1, 1991. Q4 for 1990 is not listed.

Kuwait%20Dinar%20Exchange%20Rate%20-%20T

Table 24: Exchange Rates of GCC Currencies and Major Currencies Against the KD

Table 24: No Exchange Rate is listed for Q3 & Q4 Rows 101-104 

Table 25: Average Exchange Rates of GCC Currencies and Major Currencies Against the KD

Table 25: No Exchange Rate is listed for Q3 & Q4 Rows 99-100

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/166627-delete-three-zeros-redenomination/page-12#ixzz2nWkjfcws

Looks like nothing was guaranteeing any exchange rates in Kuwait for awhile

Thanks to the info

I'm sure fib will say his wiki link is more valid than the Kuwait central bank

And keep will back him with his brother boomer

After all an official exchange rate is the rate that is guarenteed by the central bank

So a zero rate was guarenteed in the fourth quarter of 1990

But then it was guarenteed at 3.47 for its new rate when saddam was gone at least that's what the New York Times says in their news paper

Associated press news article said they shut down trade of the Kuwait dinar after it lost 80 percent of its value on the international exchange

But fib does have a Wikipedia link that says the rate never changed

Ah ha ha ha

• Upvote 1

Looks like nothing was guaranteeing any exchange rates in Kuwait for awhile

Thanks to the info

I'm sure fib will say his wiki link is more valid than the Kuwait central bank

And keep will back him with his brother boomer

After all an official exchange rate is the rate that is guarenteed by the central bank

So a zero rate was guarenteed in the fourth quarter of 1990

But then it was guarenteed at 3.47 for its new rate when saddam was gone at least that's what the New York Times says in their news paper

Associated press news article said they shut down trade of the Kuwait dinar after it lost 80 percent of its value on the international exchange

But fib does have a Wikipedia link that says the rate never changed

Ah ha ha ha

Give it a rest already.....your fighting a lost battle.....

• Downvote 2

Keep, What was the Official Kuwait Dinar Exchange Rate "at" their Central Bank between 09/30/1990 and 03/31/1991? Who was guarantying that rate at that time?

-

If you are trying to prove to me that the Kuwait dinar revalued, and wasnt reinstated our conversation is already over......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If you are trying to prove to me that the Kuwait dinar revalued, and wasnt reinstated our conversation is already over......

I am pointing out that Central Bank of Kuwait didn't exist for those 6 months, so how could their currency have any value?

-

I am pointing out that Central Bank of Kuwait didn't exist for those 6 months, so how could their currency have any value?

-

You are both correct ....

1. the KWD did not revalue , it was reinstated
  2. the central bank of Kuwait didnt exist while the country was occupied.

just my :twocents:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If it didn't have a value then it did

But it didn't revalue

It got a new rate according to the New York Times

It wasn't the same rAte it had originally so the same rate wasn't reinstated

Now the was the Swiss Iraqi dinar reinstated too?

Because it was demonetized.

Then over night on October 15th 2003 it had an official exchange rate

So we know that too was a new rate it wasn't reinstated to its original rate

Ya just can't stand the fact that people dug into this mess and found a little covering up of the facts

You got to go along with the Wikipedia web sites and ignore the press reports in real time

The Swiss dinar had zero for its official exchange rate

And you keep saying the official exchange rate never changed for the Kuwait dinar so the Kuwait dinar didn't revalue but the Iraqi dinars official exchange rate did change and then you say the official exchange rate doesn't matter for the Iraqi dinar only the market value counts for them

I say well the market value of the Kuwait dinar fell to 5 cents then it revalued you say nope only the official exchange rate counts

And I say your a liar

End of story

No wonder keep will not talk about this because I have already demonstrated this to him and there is no explainations that he ever gave that wasn't two faced lies

The official exchange rate does and doesn't count and so does and doesn't the market rate according to what ever keep wants you to hear at the time

Kinda like him telling everyone he would wear a dress if there at did not revalue back on 2010 in one of his dinar pumping speachs

• Upvote 2

Please dontlop please don't talk about the Swiss Iraqi dinar in the same sentence as the Kuwait dinar because keeps stories won't make any sense if he has to explain both scenarios

He will have to say

The conversation is over

Or resort to personal attacks of some kind

Like he has on every single occasion he gets caught in this conversation

He never gave anything to prove anything just you got to take his word for it because he's tired of posting links

He cannot embarres himself on this subject again

So he will definatly do what he's doing above

As usual