Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Looking to trade my Dinar and Dong for Bitcoins or other cryptocoins

rulesforrebels

I've been looking into bitcoin for a bit, but I won't be trading - I'll be investing into both. (I actually shoved a little cash at it a long time ago and made a great profit already, but have not put in enough time researching to feel confident presenting it to people here.)

Are you going with Mt GOX, or... other?

I'm interested in some feedback on what others are doing with bitcoin!

I've been looking into bitcoin for a bit, but I won't be trading - I'll be investing into both. (I actually shoved a little cash at it a long time ago and made a great profit already, but have not put in enough time researching to feel confident presenting it to people here.)

I've been considering mining for the past couple of months ....... guess I missed the boat so to speak looking at the current trade price ..... I used to trade bitcoin stocks but not much was happening for so long I gave up.

Been looking at buying a couple of Butterfly labs 600GH/s cards ..... not cheap @ $4,700 each ...... but potential of $21,000 over 12 months

I dont know now with the recent spike, think i'll wait and see how it plays out over the next month or two

• Upvote 1

I've been considering mining for the past couple of months ....... guess I missed the boat so to speak looking at the current trade price ..... I used to trade bitcoin stocks but not much was happening for so long I gave up.

Been looking at buying a couple of Butterfly labs 600GH/s cards ..... not cheap @ $4,700 each ...... but potential of $21,000 over 12 months

I dont know now with the recent spike, think i'll wait and see how it plays out over the next month or two

Da Machino,

I have questions :)

1.  Where do I get the info on bitcoins..?

2.  Do I buy it physically like gold and silver..?

3.  If it is stock,  what is the symbol..?

Would like to learn about this :)

Thanks

Da Machino,

Thanks

To trade is dubious for the beginner most trading platforms will allow you but I wouldn't recommend it, although in the past month you would have made a killing

you can buy mining rights on a third party platform, cutting out the running and initial hardware costs.

or you can build your own mining platform which is what I was thinking of ...... the more you can spend up front the more the potential profit is.

video link below will give you the basics of mining for bitcoins.

the basic mining USB cards available work at 333MH/s  ....... not a productive rate you would need at least 10 of these to break even every month.

I was looking at buying 2 x 600GH/s cards ( 120,000 MH/s) ..... making about $120 per day

Well guys, I've been somewhat pessimistic for a while but looking to sell my Dong and DInar holdings and put my money into Bitcoins, LItecoins, and other crypto currencies. Looking to sell my Dinar and/or Dong for Bitcoins or Litecoins. If anyone is interested hit me up and we can negotiate.

the only thing I'll trade my dinar for is pounds ...... sterling or gold either will do lol

• Upvote 1

Just spotted this article - thought some of you might be interested.

Which Currency Is Up Over 9000% This Year and Sells for Almost as Much as an Ounce of Gold?

Nov. 29, 2013 8:00pm Mike Opelka

The Bitcoin, the relatively new digital currency, has been rising very rapidly as of late. Bitcoins are in the news today because the value of one Bitcoin has increased more than 9000 percent in 2013 and Friday morning was trading at or above the price of an ounce of gold.shutterstock_82403674.jpg

In March of this year, TheBlaze covered the recent rise of the Bitcoin, who is using it, and what risks it might hold.

There was also a three minute video posted on TheBlaze called “Bitcoin Explained.” As you will learn in the video (or may already know), Bitcoins are unlike the U.S. dollar in that, there is a finite amount of them. That fact seems to have helped increase the value of the electronic currency.

On January 1, 2013, the price of a Bitcoin was $13.51. When the video referenced above was released, Bitcoins were trading for around $70 each. Friday morning saw Bitcoin transactions breaking through the pre-Thanksgiving $1044 mark and hitting $1242 before sliding back to around $1190.

Bitcoin-2013.jpg

It also should be noted that Bitcoin pricing has had some spikes as well as some serious dips in value. Jumping from $13 to $230 on April 9, and then back down under $70 just a week later. The chart below shows Bitcoin trading between $100 and $200 for most of the summer. However, after dipping to $99.81 on October 2, Bitcoin has been on a bit of a run.

On October 23, it broke through the $200 level, and then shot past $500 all the way to $1044 on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Friday’s Bitcoin trades pushed the digital currency to $1242.

Bitcomin-drops.jpg

The price volatility and drops in Bitcoin valuations have been difficult to predict. Some tie the drops to profit-taking by early investors, while the upward movements seem to be driven by the acceptance of the digital currency by foreign governments. The fact that China, Canada, the Netherlands and Germany have backed off or completely removed regulations on Bitcoin may have signaled that it is becoming a trusted commodity.

There are also a handful of Bitcoin exchanges like Mt.Gox, BTC, Bitstamp and BTC China for buying and selling the crypto-currency.

Bitcoin-Black-Friday-300x210.jpg

Image: Bitcoin Black Friday

But what about places to spend those Bitcoins? The CoinDesk.com lists on-line gambling as one of the top places where Bitcoins are spent. However, the variety of online outlets selling products and accepting the new money seems to be growing quite quickly. CNN came up with a list of “Eight Things You Can Buy With Bitcoins Right Now. The CNN list includes everything from a sandwich as Subway to an airline ticket through CheapAir.com.  The Bitcoin Store sells mostly electronics, but you can also get some sporting goods on the site. BitcoinShop was more like a department store, offering everything from appliances to watches. There’s even an online pet supply store that will accept Bitcoin. And most of the Bitcoin retailers were also participating in the season’s biggest shopping event — Black Friday.

Aside from the volatility issue, Bitcoin has some other issues. Unlike physical gold, a Bitcoin only exists in the digital world. There are no Bitcoins sitting around in vaults or hidden in the back of sock drawers. They reside on computer hard drives.

Just today a British man announced that he threw away an old hard drive that contained digital data for 7500 Bitcoins worth between $7.5 and $9 million dollars. Unless he finds the actual hard drive in a landfill, that “money” is gone forever. The only good news — he probably paid pennies for each of the Bitcoins when he bought them back in 2009.

Will Bitcoin sustain the growth seen in the past few weeks? It’s difficult to say, but it is also hard to predict if there will be a Bitcoin bubble that bursts and sends the virtual coin’s value plummeting. Considering that the number of the coins are finite, and legitimate outlets are now accepting them as payment, it would appear that Bitcoin is here to stay. Only time will tell.

:cowboy2:

well you bring up an interesting point. its damn near impossible to buy bitcoins lol, at least not in a timely fashion or in a convenient manner. i was hoping to use bitinstant but their site is currently down. i then was planning on using mt gox but i know they have been having a lot of issues as well. i was thinking about using coinbase for the convenience of transferring from a bank but again its like a 2-3 week waiting period. i think im probably going to go on bitlocal and try to meet someone at a starbucks.

from what im hearing its not really worth the investment mining, all the easy blocks have been found and its tough unless you join a pool. you'd probably have better luck mining litecoins or some other newer coin although not as much value there. i played around with mining for a while but was going to lose like $10 a month on electricity

Da Machino,

Thanks

watch a video called the truth about bitcoins, it explians it and lays it out well. not insulting you b/c i know its very confusing and i had to do a lot of research before i could wrap my head around it but you have a lot of reading and research to do. its a virtual currency there is no physical coins nor is there stock. you could however potentially buy stock in some of these startups that work with bitcoins to cash them out or buy them, that would in my opinion be a good play though looks like they are gona be hit with a lot of reuglation soon.

Actually Bitcoin is at $1,215 right now TG ...... all trading platforms will warn you that this is a highly volatile commodity, for anyone who has experience trading silver  ..... bitcoin is like silver on steroids

more like a leveraged etf on steroids, speed, pcp, and adrenaline

• Upvote 1

I'll throw my :twocents: in

I just jumped on the bandwagon with crypto currencies

I was looking at Litecoin a couple weeks ago and was pricing out parts to build a miner

I missed the boat on that one

I'm hesitant to get into the ones that are already heavily priced as there may be a bubble.

So...after looking around a bit [because not all crypto currencies are the same]

I ran into QUARK

Right now it is CPU-based mining [and I hope it stays that way]. It's from some of the developers of Bitcoin

It has went from 0.02 to 0.09 in 2 weeks.

I had tried getting a miner running on my computers--they are all Windows 8.1. No where could anyone help me---but then I figured it out!

I wrote a lengthy tutorial here :

http://quark.freeforums.net/thread/41/total-noob-help

Just hoping it stays CPU-mining based. Crypto currencies were meant to be used and implemented by common folks.

Before you decide to purchase from them:

do some searching---they have a very bad reputation for untimely delivery.

I would personally build a Litecoin mining rig with 6 AMD 7950 cards [cheaper , more blocks, greater profit potential--you could do it for $1500-2000]

and or build a Quark mining rig with AMD Opteron 6174 x4 rig for about $1500

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php?topic=4049.0

I'm gonna keep investing in precious metal......................lead.

jacketed lead  :eyebrows:

I'm with you sportfisher !!!!!

I am investing in lots of precious metals as well.... :twothumbs:    (Brass, Lead and Copper)

I'm afraid the cost of lead is about to skyrocket thanks to the EPA....

for those of you interested in copper im sure you know pre 82 pennies are copper. here's a little homemade machine i have to sort copper pennies from zinc pennies....

there's better machines you can bye, one in particular called the rydale can sort huge volumes. this little device i had is still better than hand sorting though

as far as the bitcoins go yeah they are all over the news and media lately. if anyone wants a quick breakdown of bitcoins explained simply and concisely in terms of how do you hold them if they aren't tangible, how to buy them, etc. read this...

http://rulesforrebels.blogspot.com/2013/12/bitcoins-for-absolute-beginners-how-to.html

Also, my personal favorite way to buy bitcoins thus far is coinbase. if anyone is interested in checking out their site its here...

https://coinbase.com/?utm_campaign=user-referral

And lastly, if anyone is looking to buy copper bars not sure if the company is around anymore there's a company that used to sell unpolished copper bars for under spot i dont recall the name nevada copper mint or something like that but here's some bars i bought from them a few years back.

Some more things to think about Bitcoin

I also been thinking about getting some but this video has me a little spooked

http://blip.tv/whatstrending/week-4-06-07-11-with-lupe-fiasco-kevin-pollak-nick-bilton-kevin-mitnick-and-jeff-garzik-5594264

starting at the 15 minute mark and paying special attention to  what is said from 21: till the end of that segment of the show!!

Bitcoin developer Jeff Garzik explicit confirms on TV he is working with goverment and keeps updating the bitcoin protocol often to give control and power to US goverment.

Please watch the video starting at 15:30
  • Upvote 1

I'm working on a simple guide to help people understand bitcoin a little easier... in my spare time, of course :lol:

Here's how you start:

1. http://blockchain.info - create an account for your online "wallet"

2. Buying bitcoin through online sites such as coinbase.com is the cheapest way to get bitcoin, but it can be a pain to get "verified" with them. The simplest way to buy bitcoin is something like https://localbitcoins.com/

Bitcoins are digital, you don't actually hold them like gold or silver. Even if you buy a "physical" bitcoin, the value is in the digital code, not in the physical piece.

For anyone "scared" to "invest" in bitcoin... if you had put $1000 into it 2 years ago, you'd be a millionaire today. One of two things can happen if you put $1000 in today... 

One, the price continues up and you make money. Or two, the price drops and you lose whatever you put into it. :shrug:

I decided to take a chance on bitcoin because I know the cash wasn't going to go up in value sitting in my safe! :lol:

• Upvote 1

I am looking into it as well.  Is mining the way to go, it will be a tough road as the difficulty is getting greater along with many people buying faster miner machines.  Also one needs to be very careful as to the company you order from.  All companies are pre-order and not all intend to deliver.  For those who do, we won't see them until Feb. March.  

I'm working on a simple guide to help people understand bitcoin a little easier... in my spare time, of course :lol:

Here's how you start:

1. http://blockchain.info - create an account for your online "wallet"

2. Buying bitcoin through online sites such as coinbase.com is the cheapest way to get bitcoin, but it can be a pain to get "verified" with them. The simplest way to buy bitcoin is something like https://localbitcoins.com/

Bitcoins are digital, you don't actually hold them like gold or silver. Even if you buy a "physical" bitcoin, the value is in the digital code, not in the physical piece.

For anyone "scared" to "invest" in bitcoin... if you had put $1000 into it 2 years ago, you'd be a millionaire today. One of two things can happen if you put $1000 in today... 

One, the price continues up and you make money. Or two, the price drops and you lose whatever you put into it. :shrug:

I decided to take a chance on bitcoin because I know the cash wasn't going to go up in value sitting in my safe! :lol:

you bring up some good points and looking forward to your guide. i did my first purchase way back off either bitinstant or coinbase. here's my worry about buying direct on localbitcoins or even through craigslist. if you dont know what your doing maybe a seller says oh you know it normally takes them a few hours to clear, just give me the money and your number and ill text you when you have them. obviously this isn't tru but to a newbie who doesn't know bettter i can see someoen going along with this. 

i know localbitcoins has those codes and escrow system but still made me nervous as a new buyer. if you have a friend of family member with coins have them send you just a few cents so you can get used to sending and receiving coins before you start dealing with strangers and without tech support

I am looking into it as well.  Is mining the way to go, it will be a tough road as the difficulty is getting greater along with many people buying faster miner machines.  Also one needs to be very careful as to the company you order from.  All companies are pre-order and not all intend to deliver.  For those who do, we won't see them until Feb. March.  

honestly unless your like an IT guy with a super computer don't even bother, its too competitive the easy stuff is gone. id look into mining feathercoins or some other type of coin.

you bring up some good points and looking forward to your guide. i did my first purchase way back off either bitinstant or coinbase. here's my worry about buying direct on localbitcoins or even through craigslist. if you dont know what your doing maybe a seller says oh you know it normally takes them a few hours to clear, just give me the money and your number and ill text you when you have them. obviously this isn't tru but to a newbie who doesn't know bettter i can see someoen going along with this. 

i know localbitcoins has those codes and escrow system but still made me nervous as a new buyer. if you have a friend of family member with coins have them send you just a few cents so you can get used to sending and receiving coins before you start dealing with strangers and without tech support

honestly unless your like an IT guy with a super computer don't even bother, its too competitive the easy stuff is gone. id look into mining feathercoins or some other type of coin.

I know there is money to be made here just not sure how.  Buying them right now is questionable.

Adam  , and all concerned

I subscribe to  Money map press, and both tuesday and thursday(today) they sent a video of  Bitcoin (originally called Edison Dollar)

It sounds very interesting and  Here is the link   if you want to listen to the video.  (no I am not offering to sell you anything), just  the link for you to  look at.

http://pro.moneymappress.com/NVXBITCOIN49/ENVXPC19

If the link doesn't work   just google  monymappress.com   

I am seriously looking into this  

I know there is money to be made here just not sure how.  Buying them right now is questionable.

of course there is, there's money to be made at the infancy of any technology however with something this techy unless your really smart with computers your not going to make money mining, plus even people wiht knowledge and great graphics card setups are finding it hard to make any money solo and are having to join pools. obviously bitcoins could be huge or could be a bubble and flop though i think the whole crypto currency thing is here to stay. 

as far as making money invest in startups who work in this industry. just an example, bitcoins are great but at some point someone is going to want to turn them into dollars. there are sites which provide that service. basically anything which works in the area around bitcoins or crypto currencies in general i think could be good.

as for mining i can pretty much gurantee you wont make money mining bitcoins though you may make money mining litecoins or peer to per or tor coins or one of the other ones with easier blocks still to be solved and with less competitiion.

i know this stuff is just hitting the mainstream and media which is good because its still early but in the grand scheme of things the deep web and bitcoins have been around a long time and people in the know already have a head start.

i actually think today would be a good time to buy we had a huge dip

• Upvote 1

With localbitcoins there are a couple ways to protect yourself.

The first time I used localbitcoins it was for a few hundred. I Western Unioned the cash to the person once localbitcoins informed me that the bitcoins were in escrow. The person collected the cash and released the escrow, and they were deposited to my account. The markup on this transaction was about 10%, which I wasn't happy about... but I wanted to see some coins in my "wallet", so I paid it.

The last time I did an in-person transfer it was for several thousand dollars. I met the person at a restaurant (with plenty of people and cameras present), he transferred the bitcoins directly to my wallet and we sat and chatted for a bit. It took about 20 minutes for the exchange to be "Confirmed", I gave him the cash, and we parted ways. The markup on this one was about 4% of what was showing at that moment on bitstamp.

I feel like both of those transactions were pretty smooth and not very risky. :twocents:

With localbitcoins there are a couple ways to protect yourself.

The first time I used localbitcoins it was for a few hundred. I Western Unioned the cash to the person once localbitcoins informed me that the bitcoins were in escrow. The person collected the cash and released the escrow, and they were deposited to my account. The markup on this transaction was about 10%, which I wasn't happy about... but I wanted to see some coins in my "wallet", so I paid it.

The last time I did an in-person transfer it was for several thousand dollars. I met the person at a restaurant (with plenty of people and cameras present), he transferred the bitcoins directly to my wallet and we sat and chatted for a bit. It took about 20 minutes for the exchange to be "Confirmed", I gave him the cash, and we parted ways. The markup on this one was about 4% of what was showing at that moment on bitstamp.

I feel like both of those transactions were pretty smooth and not very risky. :twocents:

yeah in person can be hit or miss, sometimes i see stuff going for under official rates and other times its like a $200 markup. i notice if you deal with new sellers who are trying to build some feedback you can generally get some good deals. not sure where your located at adam but if your in a decent size city checkout bitcoin meetups. they have a lot in like la, chicago, ny and probably most other large cities. basically maybe 20-50 people meetup at a bar, coffee shop, etc, kind of discuss bitcoins and trade amongst each other

I love love love love Meetups!!!!! So many things to do, so many places to go, so many people to meet!!!  I have also read one of the safer ways to get involved in the bitcoin revolution is to merely start accepting bitcoins yourself for your goods and services. At a over a thousand a bitcoin currently, that could be a great loss if it is for goods...but maybe your services might be a good gamble, depending on the service you offer. I guess we might well be seeing new businesses start up named things like "Two Bit Whores" in the escort industry.....  :lol::DB)  

• Upvote 1

I love love love love Meetups!!!!! So many things to do, so many places to go, so many people to meet!!!  I have also read one of the safer ways to get involved in the bitcoin revolution is to merely start accepting bitcoins yourself for your goods and services. At a over a thousand a bitcoin currently, that could be a great loss if it is for goods...but maybe your services might be a good gamble, depending on the service you offer. I guess we might well be seeing new businesses start up named things like "Two Bit Whores" in the escort industry.....  :lol::DB)  

i thought about this as well but despite the huge media stories about all these people accepting bitcoins now its still a very small percentage of people who have bitcoins let alone would even know how to go about buying them. also its so inconvenienct to buy bitcoins nobody is going to pick them up just to do a transaction with you unless your offering a better deal if paying by bitcoins. i agree though if someone hsa them good way to get into them

How about buying he ATM for bitcoins... placing them around the city and service them.. I think canada has them...

interesting idea if you had bitcoin atms where you could insert cash and have bitcoins sent to your wallet. i know in the us everything is way overregulated and they would probably have big issues with it from a compliance standpoint. since bitcoins are totally anonymous the machines would probably require you to give your ID, name, address, social otherwise the gov would agrue its essentially a money laundering machine. awesome concept though.

• Upvote 1