Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

watch the Dong highlighted

bahamaboater

Hello members. Please watch the dong become somewhat popular now that the Dinar sales are down. I am sure that all the false predictions over the last few months have frustrated many people and have slowed sales so now I am beginning to see the powers that be say the Dong wil increase 5 cents soon. They say that there have been 2 devals in the last 6 months. Here are some facts. The Dong was 16,000 and change to one dollar. It devaled to 19,000 and change to the dollar or in other words from 266 Dong to a penny to 316 Dong to a penny. So who believes that all of a sudden it will go to 5 cents. Remember the deval was done to curb inflation so now that it has done so, why would they increase it by a zillion per cent. Anyway that is how I see it. Dont slam me because this will be deleted :lol:as soon as its read by a mod

Hello members. Please watch the dong become somewhat popular now that the Dinar sales are down. I am sure that all the false predictions over the last few months have frustrated many people and have slowed sales so now I am beginning to see the powers that be say the Dong wil increase 5 cents soon. They say that there have been 2 devals in the last 6 months. Here are some facts. The Dong was 16,000 and change to one dollar. It devaled to 19,000 and change to the dollar or in other words from 266 Dong to a penny to 316 Dong to a penny. So who believes that all of a sudden it will go to 5 cents. Remember the deval was done to curb inflation so now that it has done so, why would they increase it by a zillion per cent. Anyway that is how I see it. Dont slam me because this will be deleted :lol:as soon as its read by a mod

If its opinion no one should feel threaten,and the post or its author should not be banned imo.

I do believe that if salesmen see one of they're products slow down in sales its not uncommon to see them start to push other products or try to create more interest via many different methods to re-invigorate said product. We as consumers have to be just as savy and understand their tactics.

I got all enthused several years ago when there was a lot of "talk" about the Dong,and it was going to reval between 1-5 cents,and that it was going to be in a bunch of other currencies that were going to reval at the same time. This is the same "talk" that is happening now.I bought at 16,000-1,sold at 18,000-1. It is now over 19,000-1. It has DEVALUED 4 times since I was involved,including 2 times in 09. This,IMHO, is total HYPE.Use the old saying "buyer,beware"!!!

if any currancy is ripe for a lop,it is the dong. they have battled massive inflation for years, and they dont have huge amounts of oil to bail them out. when the dinar rvs, im gonna buy at most 1000$ worth of dong, just in case, but im pretty shure it will lop before it goes to the 5 cent mark.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSSGE63K0C820100421

1-Australia's CBA buying 15 pct stake in Vietnam bank VIB

CBA aiming for 20 pct stake by end 2011

Financials

* VIB valued at $235.2 mln, based on unofficial market price

* CBA says Vietnam demographics mean banking demand to rise (Adds details from statement, quotes and context)

HANOI, April 21 (Reuters) - The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CBA.AX) is buying a 15 percent stake in Vietnamese partly private bank VIB for an undisclosed sum, becoming the 11th foreign bank to buy shares in a Vietnamese lender.

The deal would make CBA, Australia's No.2 lender, a strategic investor in Hanoi-based VIB, or the Vietnam International Bank, which ranks ninth in assets among Vietnam's 39 partly private lenders, the two banks said in a joint statement.

The banks agreed that by the end of 2011, CBA would own a 20 percent stake in the VIB, pending Vietnamese government approval, the statement said.

VIB was valued at $235.2 million, based on its share price of around 18,500 dong ($0.98) in the unofficial, unregulated market.

The bank had achieved compound annual asset growth rate of more than 40 percent in the past five years and the number of branches grew to 117 from 30, said Chairman Han Ngoc Vu.

Simon Blair, head of international financial services at CBA, said he expected demand for financial services to grow, given Vietnam's demographics and low bank penetration.

"With a young population of 87 million, a rapid uptake of Internet and mobile phone technologies and only around 15 percent of the population currently using banking services, we expect the demand for financial services in Vietnam to increase significantly in the coming years," he said in the statement.

The State Bank of Vietnam, or central bank, is aiming for credit growth this year of 25 percent to control inflation, after lending accelerated 37.73 percent in 2009 from 23.6 percent the previous year.

Vietnam caps foreign ownership in a domestic bank at 30 percent with a 15 percent limit for a strategic investor.

A foreign strategic investor could own 20 percent subject to government approval.

So far Vietnam has allowed only two banks to have the maximum holding -- HSBC Holdings Plc (HSBA.L) (0005.HK) has 20 percent stake in Techcombank and Malayan Banking Bhd (MBBM.KL) has a similar ownership in An Binh Bank. ($1=18,920 dong) (Reporting by Ho Binh Minh; Editing by John Ruwitch and Muralikumar Anantharaman)

I have to agree with the opening remarks of this thread. It seems when dinar sales are down then we hear really good dong rumors. I own dong and hope one day it goes up but please I think people should think twice before buying on a rumor. Just spend what you can and hope it goes up one day.

If its opinion no one should feel threaten,and the post or its author should not be banned imo.

I do believe that if salesmen see one of they're products slow down in sales its not uncommon to see them start to push other products or try to create more interest via many different methods to re-invigorate said product. We as consumers have to be just as savy and understand their tactics.

If ther person's opinion is stated disrespectfully they run the risk of being banned. You can disagree with someone else and not resort to name calling, snide remarks and innuendos about what to do with body parts. Get the picture? LOL

Hey!

I was wondering if the sister link is going to require a Fee for a VIP in the future. Seems like there is some promo going on with the Dong. Just curious?

Blessings

I haven't heard of any fees or fees for a VIP!! Only reason for us posting the link is that peeps are talking about VND more and more these days and like on here, we try to help!

5/3 sells VND. You must buy $250 worth min. You can also request the note sizes if you want.

You can buy less than $250 worth, but you have to pay an extra fee of $10 to do it. Their normal handling fee is $5.00, so this costs $15 in fees for amounts less than $250. I did it today , so I know. Just a little FYI.