Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"KnockOut" Someone's getting charged for a HATE crime? Imagine that.

DiveDeepSix

Maggie my dear any thoughts? No way these kids could be considered racists right? Of course not Dive you fool you have to be white to be a racist, they must just be misunderstood.  <_<  Wow and it's even on MSNBC that's a first!

Suspect charged with hate crime in possible 'knockout' assault in Brooklyn

By The Associated Press

Police said a suspect has been arrested and charged with a hate crime for assaulting a man on a Brooklyn street early Friday in an attack that may have been part of a so-called "knockout game."

The 24-year-old victim, who is white and Jewish, said he overheard the people who attacked him talking about the knockout game before they punched him in the face on 18th Avenue in Boro Park.

Marajh Amrit, 28, has been charged with two counts of a hate crime and third-degree assault, police said.

Four men were held in connected with the assault, but police said three had been let go. Police had earlier said the group of men who attacked the victim were celebrating a birthday and were inebriated.

A number of assaults in Brooklyn, New Jersey and Washington, D.C., have drawn attention in recent weeks that authorities say may be inspired by the violent game. The object is to target unsuspecting pedestrians with the intention of knocking them out with one punch.

Police have said some of the attacks are being investigated as hate crimes; victims tend to be white or Jewish, and in New York City, the suspects have all been black.  

No it just can't be so, racist media that's what it is!   <_<

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/23/21589469-suspect-charged-with-hate-crime-in-possible-knockout-assault-in-brooklyn?lite

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

***///

With the advent of the 'browning of America' as predicted,

Whites are going to be the 'new minority' if  the research is right.

Laws should protect everyone equally,

"special" laws which single out some are not necessary

if the laws are implemented equitably for all as originally intended.

Commit the crime, do the time, regardless of colour .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

***///

Human beings being assaulted is a crime.

Victims may be killed, maimed for life, rendered blind, risk brain tumours later as a result.

These victims have people who love them and many who may depend on them.

The cowardly criminals perpetrating these crimes need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

It SHOULD be front page news every single time it happens so we can all be ready to defend

ourselves against these uncivilized, ruthless potential murderers !

A Hispanic - referred to as a "white man" by the mainstream media - was splashed all over the headlines for months.

Why is it wrong now -FLATDAWG - for these crimes not to make it to the forefront of the news....?

They ARE HATE CRIMES...

Zimmerman -vs- Martin was NOT....  it was a self defense case.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This game has been around for years.

I'm afraid it is now being used by the media to "knock" more important stories from the news... and many here will fall for it.

It has?  Somehow I must have missed that. 

My boys were somewhat a bit of hellraisers in their youth (they came by it honestly) But I sure dont remember them running around sucker punching folk on the sidewalks..

Wasnt going on in my generation. So you might want to elaborate on that  Flat. When was this game played before now ? 

• Upvote 2

I have to agree with all. even Flatdawg.

I do have to say, no matter how long this act has been around, its still a despicable cowardly crime. And these thugs will pay.   

Now Flatdawg makes a very good point,  saying the media is using this horrific crime as a deterrent.  Ask yourself, why???  haven't we heard about this sooner, its been happening for sometime now. 

How many executive orders have been passed every time something of this sort arises.  Think about this for a second, why wouldn't it be a possibility of this administration, to use any scheme to take advantage, when the opportunity arises.  Now don't read this wrong.  I'm not saying this administration is the cause, I'm saying that this would be a perfect opportunity.    :confused2:

Your right Gals, this should be front page news.  Innocent lives are being attacked and some are dying of this crime. 

This is definitely a HATE CRIME toward any human being.

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It has?  Somehow I must have missed that. 

My boys were somewhat a bit of hellraisers in their youth (they came by it honestly) But I sure dont remember them running around sucker punching folk on the sidewalks..

Wasnt going on in my generation. So you might want to elaborate on that  Flat. When was this game played before now ? 

You know that's funny I was thinking the same thing, my son had never heard of it, I've never heard of it, my father has never heard of it. <_<

Hmmmm.......................Oh I know I got it, Flat was thinking back in the cave man days, but wasn't it called dating back then? :D  Sorry I just watched the Croods with the kids couldn't help myself!! :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You know that's funny I was thinking the same thing, my son had never heard of it, I've never heard of it, my father has never heard of it. <_<

Hmmmm.......................Oh I know I got it, Flat was thinking back in the cave man days, but wasn't it called dating back then? :D  Sorry I just watched the Croods with the kids couldn't help myself!! :lol:

My older brother use to play this game with me...........I think he was afraid to square up against a 12 year old.  

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

Personally I think that if the punks who want to do the knockout game started looking down the barrel of a gun more they might think it less fun.  I have so many fusions and spinal issues that I would truly fear getting a solid hit around me head and neck.  It would be a high personal threat and I think they should start having higher consequences.

Are not all violent crimes hate crimes.?

IMO the hate crime law is lame.

Unfortunately many jurors are also.

ALL VIOLENT CRIMES ARE INDEED HATE CRIMES...BTW THE INFORMATION COMING OUT NOW ON ZIMMERMAN INDICATES HE WAS FULL OF HATE THE NIGHT HE SHOT TRAYVON ALSO....BUT WE WERE NOT TOLD THESE THINGS BEFORE...

WAKE UP AMERICA

• Upvote 2