Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is not rumor ,well  its reality and some rumor, today seven car bombs exploded in Iraq killing more than 100 Iraqi , This has been the worst year in recent history for terrorist attacks is concerned , Actually its getting worse , and not better . Up to here its all fact. Now lets add some rumor.

This is all happening without all the riches that an RV would bring to the people of Iraq, More money in Iraqi hands does not bring stability to a country in turmoil, all an RV   does is put more money into the hands of terrorists, Our wait for an RV is unimportant to the Government of Iraq, The Iraqi Government is more interested in its country stability above all things. Only when this stability is achieved can we expect to see an RV, I speculate that is a bigger concern than  getting the world economy back to where it should be.

I am not a guru by any means but I believe that peace and stability is  a better indicator of an imminent RV than all the nonsense that some sort of guru can bring to this website.             

• Upvote 3

I don't know many rich people that go out blowing themselves up along with random bystanders.  take a look at Kuwait.  they don't have many if not any suicide bombers.  its time to try something different because the current isn't working.  stability comes after action.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 2

Junior 1, you have a legitimate point. Look what is happening in Egypt and Syria. When the radicals get money, they buy armament and with these arms they know nothing better than to kill "infidels" and they are good at doing that. If we can get our government to realize this it will go a long way towards getting some peace in the ME and then maybe we will see progress in this venture we are all awaiting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is not rumor ,well  its reality and some rumor, today seven car bombs exploded in Iraq killing more than 100 Iraqi , This has been the worst year in recent history for terrorist attacks is concerned , Actually its getting worse , and not better . Up to here its all fact. Now lets add some rumor.

This is all happening without all the riches that an RV would bring to the people of Iraq, More money in Iraqi hands does not bring stability to a country in turmoil, all an RV   does is put more money into the hands of terrorists, Our wait for an RV is unimportant to the Government of Iraq, The Iraqi Government is more interested in its country stability above all things. Only when this stability is achieved can we expect to see an RV, I speculate that is a bigger concern than  getting the world economy back to where it should be.

I am not a guru by any means but I believe that peace and stability is  a better indicator of an imminent RV than all the nonsense that some sort of guru can bring to this website.

Yep throwing money at a problem isnt a fix all.....you think the terrorists are bad now? Wait till you put more money in their pocket.....it would be the most illogical thing to do....

• Downvote 1

Good Post Junior... I believe that is what Shabibi was getting at when he talked about the RV/RD... that would have to come first.

Yender I also agree with you...

It is maddening that the US, Israeli, Saudi and other guberments have actually been funding the rebels (terrorist) in so many countries. 

That to me is unconscionable :(

agreed, util there's stability no business can be done really and no business being done means currency has a low value

Junior 1, you have a legitimate point. Look what is happening in Egypt and Syria. When the radicals get money, they buy armament and with these arms they know nothing better than to kill "infidels" and they are good at doing that. If we can get our government to realize this it will go a long way towards getting some peace in the ME and then maybe we will see progress in this venture we are all awaiting.

Very good point but, is that really what our government wants? Interesting point to ponder.  :twocents:  :confused2:

Stability...

Meaning let the Islamic militants have their country? Are they mad Iraq is a client state of Washington now?

You bet. Are some Iraqis OK with that? Sure. But many are not. So it may take years...many years to get stable.

Then there are the religious differences...more instability...civil war?

I think an RV would help. More $ always means more stability

When you say "terrorists" will get $, to Iraqis you are referring to "freedom fighters."

Although some hate al qaeda because of the violence. It's a mixed bag.

But our invading didn't help. So it pains me when I see people say, "Look at those ragheads...always violent"

Please...

Very good point but, is that really what our government wants? Interesting point to ponder.  :twocents:  :confused2:

Oil first.

Peace...third?

• Upvote 2

IMF Executive Board Reviews Noncomplying Purchase by Iraq and Breach of Obligations Under Article VIII, Section 5

Press Release No. 13/464
November 21, 2013

The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has reviewed a noncomplying disbursement by Iraq totaling SDR 297.1 million (about $453.7 million) that was made on March 22, 2011, following the completion of the second review under the 2010 Stand-By Arrangement (SBA) (see Press Release 11/90), and a breach of obligations under Article VIII, Section 5 of the IMF’s Articles of Agreement. The SBA was approved in February 2010 for a total amount of SDR 2.38 billion (about $3.63 billion) to cover Iraq’s balance of payments needs (see Press Release 10/60). Iraq received disbursements amounting to the equivalent of SDR 1,069.56 million (about $1.63 billion). The SBA expired in February 2013.

As the authorities have taken appropriate corrective measures since the purchase in March 2011, the Executive Board granted a waiver for the nonobservance of one continuous performance criterion (PC) and determined that no further remedial action is required in connection with its obligation to provide information under Article VIII, Section 5.

The noncompliant disbursement arose as a result of misreporting on the observance of the standard continuous PC for the nonimposition or intensification of restrictions on the making of payments and transfers for current international transactions. In October 2012, staff learned that during the last quarter of 2010 the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) issued three circulars on the daily foreign exchange auctions that gave rise to exchange restrictions subject to IMF jurisdiction. The circulars: (a) introduced maximum limits on the availability of foreign currency cash for individuals, (B) introduced limits on the availability of foreign currency cash through the CBI foreign exchange auctions to money transfer companies and exchange bureaus, and © introduced and (d) later intensified a requirement to present a tax clearance certificate for firms to transfer funds in excess of certain amounts purchased through the CBI auctions.

The restriction on the availability of foreign currency cash for individuals was temporary, as the CBI repealed it in August 2011. The authorities have taken appropriate corrective action by removing the remaining restrictions in the course of 2013. On this basis, the Executive Board granted a waiver for the nonobservance of the PC.

The Executive Board also found that the inaccurate reporting on the observance of the PC also gave rise to Iraq’s breach of its obligations under Article VIII, Section 5, of the IMF’s Articles of Agreement, which requires member countries to furnish such information as the Fund deems necessary for its activities, including information that is necessary to assess observance of PCs. The CBI introduced the necessary changes in its procedures in order to share circulars with the IMF in a timely manner and regularly publish the circulars on the CBI website. In view of the commitment by Iraq to provide timely and accurate data to the IMF on the exchange system in the future, the Executive Board decided not to require any further remedial action in connection with the breach of obligations under Article VIII, Section 5."

Yes Tattooman... this does say a lot...

Thank you for bringing it in.

Why dont they fight fire with fire?  There are people out there that can be had for a price.  Protection is their game and they love to fiend and defeet them.  So why are they so backwards in delling with protection.  They have the money, why bring USA into this and loose more of our people.