Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Veterans Day 11 Nov

FirstTop

Thanks for doing your part no matter how short or how long.    Post your rank / duty stations / war zones / etc.    Most of Veterans thoughts and prayers today are on those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.

My service:    U.S. Army (Ret), First Sergeant

Persian Gulf War Veteran (Bronze Star)

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.!            support THE TROOPS!

• Upvote 8

I have not served.  The closest I came was being in the first graduating class of 18 year olds to register with the Selective Service in the late 70's.  However, I wish to honor my late father who served in the Navy and was assigned a ship immediately following the end of WWII, and my eldest brother who served as a Captain in the Air Force in a Kansas missile silo during the seventies.

There were many accidents in the silos those days, especially fatalities involving fueling and de-fueling ops during drills.  The Air Force tried to write them off as servicemen error and not compensate the surviving families, but my brother helped justice to prevail by testifying before congress as to the inherent dangers and design (and equipment) flaws that made those "accidents" difficult to avoid.

His actions did not bring him notoriety back home.  In fact, the republican party endorsed him for an unsuccessful bid for US Senator (against a very popular democrat incumbent) a few years later.

His name is James Paul Litsey, and I am very proud of him, regardless of the fact that our views on pretty much everything are diametrically opposed.  He deserves to be remembered for taking on Goliath to preserve the honor and benefits due his fallen comrades in arms.

Good job bro (who is still very much with us), and Bless Our Troops, past and present.

Peace and Prosperity with Honor

• Upvote 4

I guess you can say that i was "lucky"(?) to have served in between Korea and Viet Nam .... 1958-1962. I WAS in Germany when "The Wall" went up and was extended by Mr. Kennedy because he knew that I was doing such a good job with the frauleins over there. But I am proud to have served and salute my comrades that DID serve and too many that paid the ultimate sacrifice so that today I am awaiting this "blessing" so that I CAN help those that suffered great body losses . You can believe that if this Rv happens, I will proudly do my share GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and GO R V !!

SP 4th Class

U.S. Army

• Upvote 4

I have not served they would not take me for medical resons. But my husband of 30 years served three tours in VietNam and 17 years in the miltary.

One tour as a Marine and two tours with the Army.

I too honor all those who served for our fredom any others in the world.

Thanks to all of you.

Geographer :salute:

• Upvote 5

I have not served they would not take me for medical resons. But my husband of 30 years served three tours in VietNam and 17 years in the miltary.

One tour as a Marine and two tours with the Army.

I too honor all those who served for our fredom any others in the world.

Thanks to all of you.

Geographer :salute:

***///

Those on the home front who love and support our Troops have also paid a heavy price.

One cannot measure the worry & Prayer, the burdens those who keep the home fires burning endure.

We thank you.  :salute:  God Bless you all !

***///

Today is a very important day for a wonderful organization called OPERATION SHOE BOX.

Please look them up to find out why.

Then send money to help pay postage.

The pathetic losers in Washington get all their postage free at the expense of US taxpayers, but will NOT allow this wonderful organization to get free postage to send our Troops vital things they need in the field --- things our Government should be providing !

Please help ! :salute:

• Upvote 1

Thank you to all that served and gave more than I could ever give. We would not be here today if it weren't for the sacrifices our brave men and women made. I have been proud to be a part of Helping A Hero and constructing specially equipped homes for our wounded warriors. May God Bless each everyone of you and your families!

Cold War Veteran

UNITED STATES NAVY

HT2 - (E5) Hull Maintenence Technician

(Repair Division - nondestructive testing technician)

Repaired Submarines on a sub tender

Served from 1978 - 1984

Homeport Norfolk VA

Was in the Indian Ocean during the Iran Hostage rescue debockle.

Honorable Discharge

Wm13

Edited by waterman13
  • Upvote 2

Sgt in US AIR FORCE 1964 1968. I got married in 67 and had twins in 68. We lost one of the twins(54hrs.) then I got orders for Vietnam. I had a choice and I stayed with family. My whole family was 20 year plus military. I couldn't do it.

To the ones who do, GOD BLESS YOU!   AND THANKS!

• Upvote 1

Military Veterans are NOT "Victims"

The tendency of some among the American public is to feel "sorry" for Veterans of the nation's most recent wars and this has spawned reaction from the veterans.

* What most Veterans want is simply to be recognized and respected for completing a difficult mission!

GOD BLESS the U.S.A.

20 years of service as a pilot in the Air Force, 1972-1992.  Three tours of duty in the B-52 bomber, one in the T-38 trainer as a flight instructor, staff assignments at the Pentagon and the Air Force Personnel Center.  In contrast to the way we were treated post-Vietnam in the 1970s, it is great to see how many people now acknowledge the contribution and sacrifice of our troops.

• Upvote 1