Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRS Advises of Power Outage Ahead of Grid Ex Electricity Drill: “This service will be unavailable”

Butifldrm

With the greatest respect patty what it says is the website will be down. Absolutely nothing about turning off the nations power.  Those of you that choose to belive this ridiculous story . Hey its what this country's all about free will. But no the lights ain't going off Nov 9 .

No problem Dog, and with respect, I can definitely see where you are coming from.  Then again, could it not be read both ways. I can tell you this, I have to agree with you that the IRS is not responsible for the outage.  They were just informing the American people of the outage.   

I just feel, given the opportunity to prepare, then so be it.  I really don't see this as a scare tactic. I see it as, it's always wise to be prepare for any disasters.   Here on the Gulf, we're always in danger of severe weather. I've experienced several storms.  And wished I was better prepare.  But as each season goes by, I get better at it.  As far as an outage, its been happening more frequent on my end of the earth.  The longest without electricity for me has been a week and half, during the storm Ike, it hit hard, and when you think you live in a decent neighborhood, people begin to act totally different in trying to survive. In fact we just had an outage last week, I was without power for 6 hrs. 

I don't know dog, with the way this administration is running, I still don't put it past them. 

So look at us as concern citizens and we just want to be prepared, and not foolish irresponsible people as ski would think of some here. 

DinarMillionaire, brought over a good article from the NYtimes.  But it all remains to be seen, if this will take place.  Just a matter of when and how many will be affected by it. 

• Upvote 2

@ Pattyangel

Well said. Although, the "Grid Ex II Drill" is just that, a drill. Several Corporations and Federal agencies will be involved. It does not mean they will turn off the power grid, but, it doesn't hurt to be prepared for anything, if not needed for this, being prepared never hurt anybody. Hurricane Ike was one good reason and I've since prepared even better. For one, I bought a generator that can run my whole house, should the power be disrupted for any reason.

Perhaps this article will shed some light on this topic.

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/08/communist-chinese-troops-boots-on-the-ground-in-hawaii-next-tuesday/

Communist Chinese troops ‘boots on the ground’ in Hawaii next Tuesday

For the first time in American history, troops from Communist China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will openly be on sovereign American soil starting early next week, as reported by China’s governmental controlled Xinhua News Agency on Nov. 6, 2013.

Almost totally ignored by the American media, PLA troops will be in Hawaii from the 12th through the 14th of this month, to be hosted by the U.S. military’s Pacific Command, also headquartered in the Aloha State.

Communist Chinese troops will be participating in the U.S. government’s massive GridEx II military, quasi-military and civilian emergency response exercise.

The New York Times reported on Aug. 16, 2013 that GridEx II specifically is consists of:

Three days after the NY Times article, the Department of Defense official website quietly noted rather generically that Chinese troops were invited to “attend next year’s Rim of the Pacific multilateral naval exercise.”

… thousands of utility workers, business executives, National Guard officers, F.B.I. antiterrorism experts and officials from government agencies in the United States, Canada and Mexico are preparing for an emergency drill in November that will simulate physical attacks and cyberattacks that could take down large sections of the power grid.

They will practice for a crisis unlike anything the real grid has ever seen, and more than 150 companies and organizations have signed up to participate.

Not quite done yet, the American Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel appeared before the world’s press corps with Chinese Minister of National Defense Gen. Chang Wanquan.

The duo stated they’ve agreed “to expand the current system of defense exchanges and joint exercises.”

Open Arms…

In what the Beijing-ran news agency refers to as “non-traditional security areas,” the American commander of all US Forces in the Pacific, Admiral Samuel Locklear was quoted by Xinhua as “looking forward” to Chinese troops participating in the disaster relief drill.

“In relation to our ability to do this with our Chinese counterparts,” the Admiral said, “this kind of exercise gives us a place to start, and get into the rhythm of understanding and trusting each other.”

“I’m looking forward to it,” he added. “I think it will be a great exercise.”

:cowboy2:

TG this happens more than what the world thinks, we train with Russia, Syria before the civil war, Iraqi and alot of questionable countries.  I know alot of folks will take this is an invasion but i hope they are not watching too many movies.

Perhaps this article will shed some light on this topic.

http://freepatriot.org/2013/11/08/communist-chinese-troops-boots-on-the-ground-in-hawaii-next-tuesday/

Communist Chinese troops ‘boots on the ground’ in Hawaii next Tuesday

For the first time in American history, troops from Communist China’s People’s Liberation Army (PLA) will openly be on sovereign American soil starting early next week, as reported by China’s governmental controlled Xinhua News Agency on Nov. 6, 2013.

Almost totally ignored by the American media, PLA troops will be in Hawaii from the 12th through the 14th of this month, to be hosted by the U.S. military’s Pacific Command, also headquartered in the Aloha State.

Communist Chinese troops will be participating in the U.S. government’s massive GridEx II military, quasi-military and civilian emergency response exercise.

The New York Times reported on Aug. 16, 2013 that GridEx II specifically is consists of:

… thousands of utility workers, business executives, National Guard officers, F.B.I. antiterrorism experts and officials from government agencies in the United States, Canada and Mexico are preparing for an emergency drill in November that will simulate physical attacks and cyberattacks that could take down large sections of the power grid.

They will practice for a crisis unlike anything the real grid has ever seen, and more than 150 companies and organizations have signed up to participate.

Three days after the NY Times article, the Department of Defense official website quietly noted rather generically that Chinese troops were invited to “attend next year’s Rim of the Pacific multilateral naval exercise.”

Not quite done yet, the American Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel appeared before the world’s press corps with Chinese Minister of National Defense Gen. Chang Wanquan.

The duo stated they’ve agreed “to expand the current system of defense exchanges and joint exercises.”

Open Arms…

In what the Beijing-ran news agency refers to as “non-traditional security areas,” the American commander of all US Forces in the Pacific, Admiral Samuel Locklear was quoted by Xinhua as “looking forward” to Chinese troops participating in the disaster relief drill.

“In relation to our ability to do this with our Chinese counterparts,” the Admiral said, “this kind of exercise gives us a place to start, and get into the rhythm of understanding and trusting each other.”

“I’m looking forward to it,” he added. “I think it will be a great exercise.”

:cowboy2:

Maybe this will shed even more light on the situation :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2484334/China-boasts-new-submarine-fleet-capable-launching-nuclear-warheads-cities-United-States.html

Chinese put out news this month notifying the world that they now have the ability to strike the US on both coasts firing nukes from with their subs effectively knocking out all the major metropolitan areas that critical to the country's survival. They are still communist after all, right?

I don't know guys, if you go to IRS.gov and type in Outage on search section.  It comes up.  :shrug:  It comes up under most of the topic's listed.  I'm looking at anything with the year 2013. Now, it does not give which states that will be affected.  :confused2:  It only remains to be seen. 

Hey PA..... not sure how many replies follow this, but yes the IRS is telling folks that they will essentially be shut down and unavailable to people via the internet...... Pretty sure you can still call em up to chat.... but the latter is totally a guess. They do seem like cockroaches in their survivability....

I'm just wondering who in the IRS thinks any of us wants to keep in that close touch with them.... (or gives a rips azzzz that they are closed)..

Maybe its for all those people who want to make a payment and can't do so and then get worried.... (yeah right huh )

or maybe its for people checking on their returns....

And whatever its for, it seems they think enough of themselves and their importance that they have to tell us they will not be available to us for a few days.... Frankly, I wish they would just stay closed and then just go away.....   81.gif

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 3

PeeTillWeDrop...don't shoot the messenger.  There's nothing wrong with posting information..let people glean what THEIR truth is for themselves.

"What their truth is"? That's kind of funny. You have no clue about the power of the IRS. The IRS doesn't control the grid. They collect tax payers returns, collect taxes and process refunds. They also enforce the tax code.