Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Silver Aquisition

RicknSaudi

Hi all, the wife and I are wanting to buy silver on a small scale.  We'd like to throw $75-$100 a month at this metal.  Can someone advise us how best to approach this.  We don't have much disposable income, but still feel strongly about this. Should we get coins?  Bars?  Should we go through a bank (if that's even possible)?  Online or local? 

I've been a member here for a long time, starting back when I was working in Saudi Arabia (where I purchased my dinar).  There is much knowledge and experience contained herein, so I'm sure someone can help direct this small time investor on a viable course.

Thanks,

Rick

• Upvote 1

I've done both Online and local. Local was a guy that dealt in coins and I bought old silver coins from him. Silver coins, coin value and silver in one. Also bought silver rounds from on line and pawn shops. As long as pricing stays close to spot price it's all good.

• Upvote 1

Good afternoon, I have been a coin collector for years and am always buying Silver Morgan dollars. But, I end with an emotional connection to them and do not know if i will sell them, or just pass them down to my kids.....My older son has recently (and I have followed) benn buying silver bars. A good place to buy is apmex.com....price can vary daily. I have been buying 10 oz bars for just pennies over spot...even got free shipping on some. They also sell on ebay. a very respectable name with excellent quality bars. You can buy 1 oz coins (many different kinds) but you will pay a premium for them and not sure if you will get that back when you want to sell.

For no emotional attachment, i would buy 1 oz, 5 oz or 10 oz bars....you can buy for very close if not spot...and are very easy to sell when silver creeps back up...i thnk it was up to $42.00 last year???? I sold some and am now buying for about $22.00!!!

• Upvote 2

Thank you haymon and MACSPACS.  Isn't this forum great?  You have have changed my life for the better with only a few keystrokes.

I like the Morgans, but think the bars or rounds are "cooler".  JMO.  I'll be placing my first order today!

Regards and GO RVVVVVV!

I've had great experiences with apmex as well :twothumbs:

Wow! A reply from the 'boss' himself.  How cool is that?  Thanks all.  Just made my first purchase from apmex.  Can't wait to receive my first 100-gram silver bar.  Plan on doing this every month.  Of course I will be buying something different every month (just for the 'variety'), and may give goldmart a try too.

As always,  Go RVVVVV!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.silvertowne.com/p-11650-silvertowne-trademark-1oz-999-silver-bar.aspx

And

http://www.providentmetals.com/bullion/silver.html

I buy from these two suppliers. Bars from Silvertowne ship for free. I have always had good service from them. I buy from one local supplier also, but his stock fluctuates. Silvertowne allows credit cards so you are protected and insured. Most deliveries come UPS. Provident metals has great selection but they charge a little extra for CC purchases and shipping. Just my two-cents here.

Here are my favorite bars for the money. Free shipping.

http://www.silvertowne.com/p-11651-silvertowne-trademark-5oz-999-silver-bar.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for the great info.  I tried the silvertown link and made a purchase in about 5 minutes.  Has anyone converted a 401k account to silver?  I have been thinking hard about doing that and it seems like the timing is good to me.  At least it seems like a better investment than cash right now.