Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Sounds more reasonable than anything else I've heard

climber7

We are closing out October with much the same status as we started.  The news has focused on some progress specifically passage of the Economic Reform Law by the CoM.  This is indeed great to see.  We still must exercise patience in that it is not law as of now.  It still must go through parliament which we believe will not addressed until December.  The HCL has been in the news but again most likely will not be addressed until December.  With this the key infrastructure will not be in place "at any moment" and therefore our opinion remains that currency reform will not occur in the short term.  These laws are not official until you see them in the Gazette period.   

We are also encouraged by the recent visits of Maliki and such to various governments especially the USA.  Before we go further we must say here that Maliki does not need an RV for this visit.  We have to remember just a few short months ago the US was publicly denouncing support for Maliki.  We believe this to be due to his friendliness with Iran and his dragging his feet around implementation of the Strategic Framework agreement.  We have to also remember he is running for reelection and needs all the friends he can get.  His visit to the US is simply to give a status report around implementation of the framework and to get reassurance of US support going forward.  However, this we believe is very good.  It should help accelerate the timeline toward currency reform.  With the election in April we are hopeful the initial float will have begun before then. 

When considering the date and rate one must keep the overall goal in mind.  First the goal is for a stable currency over the long term.  Secondly it needs to be fundamentally strong. The first goal is accomplished by having infrastructure laws in place and functioning.  They include those dealing with banking, tariffs, investment, etc.  They include the Economic Reform Act and HCl.  Without these any currency reform would fail.  Secondly, to be strong, it must be implemented within proven macroeconomic principles.  This is why the rumored high rates are preposterous.  They would destroy Iraq economically. 

This is why it is most probable reform will come in the form of some type of float to allow the currency to appreciate as the economic output of the country increases over time.  We do not rule out  some type of RV first but anticipate it to be in the order of a few cents or 10s of cents and not $3+ or higher.  Overall progress continues.  The rumored high rates and immediate implementation are false.  There is no credible public or private sources to support it.   Supported information indicates late this year into next year at the earliest.  However, things are progressing forward.  We report, you decide.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

CNN. Broadcasting While Trying To Determine Which 1 Of The 7 Dwarfs Makes The Best Guru ?

Post from moderator Doc at DD

10-8-13 Doc: It seems like we are on a 3 step forward 2 step back path with Iraq. Several recent articles indicate the deleting the zeros project will not be completed until 2015. This is a recent change from the June 2014 we had seen several months ago. As we have reported in past we believe this is when the rate will be around the 1 to 1 level and Iraq will introduce the new denominations while dedollarizing.

We actually should not be surprised with this with several articles reporting the "important" laws would not not addressed this legislative term. This means we are now looking at the earliest December before laws such as HCl could be put in place. While we are not surprised we are disappointed and frustrated as many of you. However, we fully realize these laws need to be in place for a successful long term strong currency.

Banking members are reporting there is no staff on call or any movement of large sums of cash. There are no back screens with $25+ rates and absolutely no reference to IQN. Public and private source continue to align around some type of float up to the $1 range over some period of time. Experts are predicting up to 1 year from the start. This continues to make the most economic sense. This is also backed up by articles stating the rate will improve as the economy approves (oil exports). We have always agreed the end goal is higher at $3+ but maintain this is the 3-5 year goal of Iraq as suggested in several reports such as the SIGR. Time will continue to prove what reality...is we report, you decide.

Yo Climber7 - That Was Written By Doc - I Quoted One Of His Old Posts Above.

He Is An Even Keeled, No Hype Guy.

A Mod Will Probably Move This From The News Section To Rumors Or Opinions Since Only News Articles With Links Get To Stay Here.

Thx For Making The Effort To Bring This Over - I Like Reading His Posts ! ;)

B)        B)        B)

• Upvote 5

At least someone has their head screwed on straight,,, this is what I have been saying for the past 5 years,,, there is no way that this would rv at 3+,,,, 10 cent or maybe a little higher is more in range and then a free float...The high numbers are from pumpers trying to get more suckers into the program

Yo Climber7 - That Was Written By Doc - I Quoted One Of His Old Posts Above.

He Is An Even Keeled, No Hype Guy.

A Mod Will Probably Move This From The News Section To Rumors Or Opinions Since Only News Articles With Links Get To Stay Here.

Thx For Making The Effort To Bring This Over - I Like Reading His Posts ! ;)

B)B)B)

So basically you're into Doc's and not just construction workers..........

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

So basically you're into Doc's and not just construction workers..........

TNT Tony Is One Of The 'Village People' - The Village Idiot ! :o

celebrity-pictures-village-people-more-m

:D          :D          :D

• Upvote 3

Okay, Okay, Okay . . . all I'm saying is that in Europe they have this fabric used for making Underwear, that is the same kind of fabric used in chemical suits i.e. . .  Nuclear - Chemical - Biological suits.

Soooooo, when you fart you/or no one else will smell the fart and now they're bringing the same kinda knickers to the USA, coming soon to a store near you.

Yeah, I know . . . your saying this post makes no sense. About as much sense as these selfish, do nothing, hot & sweaty monkeys jammed into the Parliament making a mockery of democratic principles & continuing to keep their people in poverty.

Only, my comment "smells" better.   :facepalm1:

• Upvote 3

^^^ Sounds like a recipe for swamp ass to me unless they have charcoal filtration, in which case there's already been a comedy skit with that.

The Masai have a word for the white people, and they labeled us because of the trousers we wear....
"Those who confine their farts."

Besides which, farts smell so that deaf people can enjoy them too!  :P 

• Upvote 4

Okay, Okay, Okay . . . all I'm saying is that in Europe they have this fabric used for making Underwear, that is the same kind of fabric used in chemical suits i.e. . . Nuclear - Chemical - Biological suits.

Soooooo, when you fart you/or no one else will smell the fart and now they're bringing the same kinda knickers to the USA, coming soon to a store near you.

Yeah, I know . . . your saying this post makes no sense. About as much sense as these selfish, do nothing, hot & sweaty monkeys jammed into the Parliament making a mockery of democratic principles & continuing to keep their people in poverty.

Only, my comment "smells" better. :facepalm1:

I just want to tell you that after reading this news I totally sharted........

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

^^^ Sounds like a recipe for swamp ass to me unless they have charcoal filtration, in which case there's already been a comedy skit with that.

The Masai have a word for the white people, and they labeled us because of the trousers we wear....

"Those who confine their farts."

Besides which, farts smell so that deaf people can enjoy them too!  :P 

:bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo: :bravo:  :bravo:  

• Upvote 1

Bringing out the old pics from your batchelor party eh?

What-Happens-in-Vegas--50435.jpg

:D           :D          :D

Edited by DinarThug
  • Upvote 2

CNN. Broadcasting While Exiting The McDonald's Drive Thru In Baghdad. Why Can't I Find The Cup Holder On This Stupid Camel !

1-11-2012 Guru Adam Montana I'm just as excited about the Iraqi Dinar today as I was this time last week...We're on the edge of great news, and it can be hard to be patient - but that's our only option ...we are indeed closer and I don't see anything that says we are backsliding of course - if you look for the negatives, you can find them but a realistic "big picture" analysis of the situation tells me we are still on track...I do not care what that one article said - if they are going to RV, they are going to address Chapter 7 and the HCL before June....Iraq is much closer to being out from under all Chapter 7 sanctions IN SPITE of Kuwait's resistance...I don't think it's [this investment] any bumpier than at any time in history...in fact, it's a lot smoother lately than ever before in my opinion...it's actually QUIET out there lately, compared to years past! so if it's any consolation... I'm very happy with the current news and overall picture...Iraq is moving forward at a very steady pace and I'm happy with that.

1-10-2012 Guru Kaperoni Remember what the “delete 3 zeros” is…It is simply a process and a transition from larger notes to smaller notes (hence the name delete 3 zeros). It makes sense to gradually increase the rate from 1.2 to a higher 3+ rate over time so they can collect these notes and destroy them. This metered approach will prevent chaos, and corruption, and potential theft and violence on the streets as these larger notes are removed. Could I be wrong? Sure I could be off a bit on this rate, but I will not be off by much. Certainly not off by the silly rates these guru's put out.

1-11-2012 Guru Doc ...ignore the rumors about mysterious software glitches and blinking bank screens...nothing more than unfounded rumors. Our main problems continues to be Parliament...no indication they will come back early from the stated date of Jan 17. We need them in session approving the CBI/currency laws necessary to support the RV as was highlighted by the Finance Ministry recently. Without these laws in place we do not believe the CBI will put the trigger on the RV. We maintain our opinion that we are still several weeks away from an RV at the earliest.

1-10-2012 Newshound Guru Bondlady we witness shabs drawing back into the cbi trillions and trillions, up to the point he will have to change his monetary policy and stop the programmed rate, release the lower denominations...as we saw in articles where they completed the 1st phase and they have the machinery and are ready to use it...whether it be the de la rue machines they bought or it be the lower denominations to release, 1 way or the other we’re close... parliament agrees also an now sees how removing the 000 from the iqd will help and raise its value.

interesting guru Doc has only been on the scene for about a couple of months and sounds just like kaperoni.. makes me wonder.

Actually He's Been Around For A Couple Of Years (See Quote Above).

Also, If U Look At The Quote Near The Top Of The Page In Post Number 3 Of This Thread - It Says That He Is A Mod On DD.

Maybe That Means He's A Mod On D*nar Dater (As Opposed To DD - D*nar Daddy) ?

B)B)B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So, basically what I gather from this post, aside from the flatulence comments, is that we must continue to wait until December at the earliest, and perhaps even into next year for any sign of currency reform in Iraq that will benefit both the Iraqi people, and maybe us too.

Please send a copy of it to TNT Tony and Frank26 and his KTFA groupies. Surely there has to be a way to keep them as informed and up-to-date as we are to save them the trouble of listening to their I-Teams, three-letter DC agencies, boots on the ground in Iraq, Delta, special Iraqi TV feeds that no one else here has access to, Nova, and all their other classified and top secret information sources.

Just think of the amount of time and effort it could save us and them!

Billio0

• Upvote 1

My attitude towards this investment has changed. I'm going to check the news, post articles, yet remain detached, as if this will never pay out, hoping very much that it does. This approach has been helping me not ride the emotional roller coaster, which this investment hands out tickets to on a daily basis - just don't take the ticket when it's offered. 

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 4

My attitude towards this investment has changed. I'm going to check the news, post articles, yet remain detached, as if this will never pay out, hoping very much that it does. This approach has been helping me not ride the emotional roller coaster, which this investment hands out tickets to on a daily basis - just don't take the ticket when it's offered. 

:bravo:  :bravo:  :bravo:    HERE HERE!!! Plus I look forward to the roasting and banning of all pumpers and liars!