Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fibromyalgia solved; A pathology, not in the mind Read more: http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-p

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/steps-authentic-happiness-positive-psychology/2013/oct/17/fibromyalgia-solved-pathology-not-mind/

OP note: I don't trust pharmaceutical tests/papers/ research. Their business is to make money off of peoples' misery by pumping you full of their products---which may help, but never addresses the root cause. Lately, I've been seeing an awful rash of FDA approved drugs being pulled after a short time due to terrible side effects--all with class-action lawsuits.

There is a theory that FM could be caused by flouride toxicity--which makes sense after a bit of reading I've done-- it directly affects the oxygen levels in the blood [and oxidation]. This article talks about how FM causes lactic acid build up in muscles. One doesn't need vigorous exercise to have lactic acid build up.

Removing flouride from daily living is difficult [and expensive] though--- the major culprit being the water source of which one bathes. Filters are difficult to find--and reverse osmosis of water removes everything from it-- which isn't good either as minerals in water are good for you and make the water tasty.

Then there's toothpaste, and the stuff the dentists give you when you visit....

and another hidden item is the cookware one uses--the non-stick Teflon coated pans, when heated, put off flouride as well.

http://chemistry.about.com/od/medicalhealth/a/lowerfluoride.htm

WASHINGTON, October 17, 2013— The National Biotechnology Information Center (NBIC) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) recently released the findings of research funded by grants from Eli Lilly Pharmaceuticals and Forest Laboratories that claim to have discovered a causative pathology (the science of cause and effect)  for fibromyalgia.

The cause of the disease escaped researchers for years. In fact, the condition was considered by many in the field of medicine as psychosomatic (in the mind) because of the variety of symptoms that could not be clinically pinned down and patient reporting was the primary criteria.

Dr. Frank Rice writes of findings at Integrated Tissue Dynamics that has made a major discovery of the cause of fibromyalgia, making diagnosis more certain and explaining the multitude of varied symptoms and effect.

Research has identified alterations in our core body temperature is a culprit, as our blood acts as a coolant in much the same fashion water does in the radiator of a car. Our major organs and active muscles require a constant temperature of about 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit but sufferers cannot maintain a steady temperature.

If we lose too much heat (hypothermia) or gain too much heat (hyperthermia), our body’s primary thermostat, the hypothalamus, struggles to maintain balance. Our blood is the means by which our body and brain get nutrients, oxygen and takes away waste and blood flow is disrupted.

When we use our muscles, particularly the hands and feet, blood flows between the skin and muscles and must be kept in balance. We have internal thermostat controls distant from the hypothalamus called aterio-venous shunts or AV shunts that act as valves between arterioles or veins that supply the good stuff and venules which carry away waste.

Much as the body as a whole, these must be in synch for homeostasis.

The smallest part of our blood supply system is the capillaries which are tiny vessels that act as temperature regulators (among many other functions) and either conserve or release heat. Capillaries run throughout or bodies and are highly concentrated in our hands and feet.  It has long been known that when malfunctioned from injury or another pathological issue, capillary function is diminished causing problems for diabetics.

Now it has been discovered when the AV shunt is defective in function and interferes with capillary function, muscle and skin tissue cannot get proper nutrition or waste drawn away. Additionally, temperature regulation becomes an issue affecting nerve fibers.

One result is a build-up of lactic acid in muscle and deeper tissue affecting the muscular system and causes pain that can seem to ‘travel’ from areas of the body one day to the next and cause fatigue, commonly reported from victims of fibromyalgia.

The sympathetic nervous system which uses the spinal cord for communication and the sensory fibers or nerve fibers that carry signals to the central nervous system, can have their communication disrupted by the results of AV shunt disorder and hypersensitized nerves send pain signals that can ‘travel’ as well. 

The American Academy of Pain Medicine featured this research on its front cover accompanied by a laudatory editorial from Robert Gerwin of the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. To date, the research is confined to women since women seem to suffer from fibromyalgia in greater numbers than men.

According to this research, fibromyalgia has pathology and is not psychosomatic so those who suffer from this ‘syndrome’ can now rest assured it is not all in their minds.

• Upvote 2

Good find. relating to Fluoride: it displaces Iodine. I2 is a vital nutrient for the thyroid to operate properly. Another item is Bromide which is found in most baking flours. It is used as an anti-caking agent. It, too, will displace Iodine. Thats' why I tell my patients to STOP eating baked goods. One thing I noticed it that the VAST majority of FM patient suffer from either: a thyroid problem and/or an adrenal problem. My profession maintains there is "no such thing as adrenal fatigue/maladaption..." and the reference ranges for the thyroid are too broad. Hell, they're comparing you to dead people almost and saying "you're fine. Aint your thyroid...."

Anyone suffering from FM should see a functional medicine doc (like me) and use functional med ranges which are much tighter. Also, you can do a Barnes Basal Body temp test and record your temp. It is very easy to do. If your temp is always low-slow thyroid. If it bounces around- thyroid AND adrenal problem. there are a lot of answer/help out there, just need a little direction. To your health...Peace

• Upvote 3

Please educate yourselves on FAR Infrared Saunas. This is a truly amazing product. Most people don't understand that we are taking in more toxins and heavy metals, on a daily basis, than our bodies were designed to get rid of. Plus, more people lead a sedintary lifestyle, than ever before (X-box, playstation etc.), and sit in front of computers at work all day. When our bodies take in more and more of these toxins, we finally reach an overload, and that's when things go wrong. Usually it starts with high blood pressure, among a myriad of other things. Problem is, most people are too lazy to get out and exercise (I'm soooo busy), so we go to the doc, and are given pills. These are 'meds' that mask the problem for awhile, then something else goes wrong, and the doc gives you another pill to compensate for the first pill that's masking the overload in the first place. How many people do you know, that are on 3-6 different meds? What they are doing is volentarily breaking down their body through drugs. 'We'll keep you alive til you're in your 80's, your quality of life will be crap, but we'll keep you alive. Just pay us $600-$3,000 a month for meds.

The FAR infrared sauna, uses a wavelength technology, that even END STAGE HEART PATIENTS can use to their benefit. Most saunas, heat or steam, operate between 185-235 degrees. The FAR Infrared Sauna operates at a much lower temp. It feels only about 90-105 degrees, but it puts your body into a hyperthermic state. Infrared waves excite water molecules to create heat, since we are essentially 95% water, it has a deep penetrating effect on our bodies. As our blood warms up, it wants to come to the surface to dissapate heat, so we vasodialate, and our heart goes into a cardiovascular exercise mode. Just sitting in a Infrared sauna for 30-45 minutes is equivalent to running 6-9 miles on your cardiovascular system, without the body taking a beating. Plus you get 3x more sweat volume than standard heat of steam saunas.

Nothing in medical science has proven more effective at getting rid of heavy metals and toxins, via the natural mechanism of sweating, than the FAR Infrared sauna. Once you start sweating, in 15 minutes, you'll get rid of more heavy metals, toxins, dioxins, urea, pesticides, and insecticides, in 15 minutes, than your kidneys will cycle in 24 continuous hours. Your skin is your largest organ, essentially a giant 3rd kidney. Why not sweat it out naturally and safely, than popping pills to mask a fire, caused by toxic overload?

I could go on and on about this. I educated myself on this when my father, a 32 year navy command master chief, came home with Gulf War Syndrome, which turned into breast cancer. I got him one, and kicked his ass until he started using it (most of you know how stubborn master chiefs can be), now, he's cancer free, has no more kidney seepage, and is doing well. I'm not saying this cures cancer, but cancer cells cannot survive past 106.7 degrees. If your circulation is smooth, it does not allow the cells to grab onto anything and proliferate.

This is all open source material, and if I sat here and told you all the things  this helps with, you'd look at me like I was a snake oil salesman. I played football professionally for 10 years as an offensive lineman. I think I know a little about living with pain. This is how I initially came to find out about this truly amazing product. FAR Infrared increases your micro-circulation to help decrease inflammation of the joints. The first time I sat in one, I was all jacked up, because a cold front swooped in, and my joints said 'uh uh'. In 5 minutes, I was absolutely pain free! After that one thing, my eduction began, and I'm glad I did.

Please educate yourselves on this. Like I said, it is all open source, and the pharmacuetical companies do not want you to know about this. type in your ailment in a medical page that deals with IR saunas, and prepare to be amazed.

A great book to read would be 'detoxify or die'. I can't remember the author's name, but it devotes an entire chapter to the FAR IR sauna. I hope this help.

therasauna.com is the cadillac of the IR saunas, and are completely built here in the US. check it out. Oh yeah, talk to your doc, have him write you a script, and it's a medical tax write off. People with arthritis, bursitis, joint pain, and even fibromyalgia, find almost immedite relief, and with continuous use, stay pain free longer, and sleep better too. I've had 6 people in my life OD on pain meds...I ain't goin out like that. Peace.

• Upvote 2

FIR is great also. I know many patients who suffer from various condition purchase their home units for treatments. I just the one here at least once here week. Its all good.

REDOX is vital and anything that supports cellular detox will help-FIR is one such thing.

Dunno, just saying......

• Upvote 2

My wife has had Fibromyalgia for many years. They ran every test known to man and found nothing wrong. I watched her decline as the pain became unbearable. Her quality of life was terrible.

She tryed Western Meds and no help. She try herbals remedies and no help.  Jars of pills and painkillers lined our medicine cabinets.

Then she tryed cannabis and  Within minutes her pain was gone.  Fast forward 6 months and all the pills are gone. She uses cannabis daily and her pain is controlled.

Cant believe the Feds still classify this a class 1 narcotic.  It truly has made her life better and got rid of all the real narcotics in her life.

• Upvote 2

I have known people with Fibromyalgia for 15 years - who addressed their symptoms with diet, exercise but most of all through dietary

Supplements. I was diagnosed with arthritis nearly 20 years ago. Ugh. Started the supplements and all pain was gone in a few months.

Now 72 I am hale, hardy, take no pharmeuticalsat all, nor does my husband, now 77. We are active and work probably harder than many of our younger friends.

Diet, exercise are key, but so are the supplements.

We are each responsible for our health. It is a choice and demands individual research and personal responsibility.

The information is out there!

• Upvote 2

I have known people with Fibromyalgia for 15 years - who addressed their symptoms with diet, exercise but most of all through dietary

Supplements. I was diagnosed with arthritis nearly 20 years ago. Ugh. Started the supplements and all pain was gone in a few months.

Now 72 I am hale, hardy, take no pharmeuticalsat all, nor does my husband, now 77. We are active and work probably harder than many of our younger friends.

Diet, exercise are key, but so are the supplements.

We are each responsible for our health. It is a choice and demands individual research and personal responsibility.

The information is out there!

What has helped you? I have severe arthritis and the chiropractor is the only relief I have had and now that doesn't even help...

Anyone???

Oh and thanks!!!

Edited by quadkidd1
  • Upvote 1

First STOP eating all pro-inflammatory food like WHEAT, SUGAR and anything you might be allergic too. If not certain, get them check with a "Blood Spot" test which is very accurate and cheap. Usually they can run 40 to 96 of the most common allergic foods out there.

Test your adrenal saliva with an ASI test. not commonly known amongst my profession, but ask a chiro or naturopath or acupuncture doc for this. I suspect your adrenal are misbehaving.

Get your gut tested for "leaky gut syndrome" from the same docs.

Organic sulfur, or MSM can help, as do a lot of herbal products. If you don't believe in that stuff, just take 700-1000mg of Magnesium daily at night for starters and once you are feeling better, you can open your mind up a bit more to start accepting nature cures for things.

I suspect you will probably we some good relief just by changing your diet.

If you don't know, I am a medical doctor. I've been at it for almost 20-years now and I always use the natural stuff first. If you can get overseas to my area, I use a protein (peptide) injection that works wonders FAST.

Oh, ask the docs you speak with about homeopathic injections. I use them a lot. The company still making these is BHI-HEEL. I think the acupuncture and naturopaths can inject in most states as they are the most trained in using needles. This company is in New Mexico. I use GUNA since I am overseas and there is no restrictions on them from the Nazi, oh, sorry, I mean FDA

Cheers and I hope this helps

• Upvote 3