Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Longtime ObamaCare Supporter Kirsten Powers Gets Unwanted Healthcare Surprise In The Mail

Longtime ObamaCare Supporter Kirsten Powers Gets Unwanted Healthcare Surprise In The Mail

Fox News Contributor and Daily Beast Columnist Kirsten Powers has been a longtime supporter of ObamaCare, insisting it will make healthcare costs more affordable. Until she got “the letter,” that is.

In an appearance on “The Kelly File” Thursday, Kirsten told host Megyn Kelly that she received “the letter” that millions of Americans across the country are receiving. Kirsten is a healthy single woman whose health insurance premiums are going to double under ObamaCare.

Kirsten also observed (correctly) that while Team Obama may now try to argue that only the premiums of “young and healthy” Americans will increase, “that’s not the way they sold it.”

“I’m in the individual market and I got the letter, the same letter everyone’s talking about. I live in D.C., so it’s a state exchange, and I went on and I guess I can roughly get the same insurance…but it will go up from about $160 a month and a $2,500 deductible — if I want to keep a $2,500 deductible, it will go up to about $300 a month.”

[incidentally, ask yourself this question: Why should the premiums of "young and healthy" Americans increase either? If your answer is "to offset the cost of older less healthy Americans," you fail to understand the basic premise of insurance - and does the Obama administration.]

Memo to Kirsten (whom I like, and generally see as fair): If Democrats were to try to “sell” every program they support with the truth, they would have gone out of business decades ago.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 3