Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

$5.2 billion McDonald's CEO has $8.25 per hour mom arrested

umbertino

This article was about the economic SYSTEM the rich have created for themselves. Therefore, it's not about an employee's individual initiative, personal education, or any other such things. How could it be when a relative handful of people control the preponderance of the world's wealth? That's obscene!!!  Perhaps, in future, this extreme of wealth and poverty will be criminalized as a crime against humanity. Because, the accumulation of such wealth could not occur unless obstructions are in place that prevent others from obtaining it. For example, no CEO is worth thousands of times more than a janitor, no matter how smart he/she is.

I could say more.

Thank You Wayfarer. You have a way of getting to the core of a problem and addressed it so well... Much Appreciated.

A mom raising two kids on $8.25 an hour?

Think she's getting food stamps? I'd think so.

If this ten year employee was making a living wage, we wouldn't be picking up her stamps.

So, if my math is correct, SNAP and WIC are corporate welfare.

Nice.

I have pointed that out too in the past... got lots of nasty retorts about how she should not have had any children. Just messed up arguments.

Yes that is exactly how I see it... "corporate welfare". That money we pay for the foodstamps adds to the CEO's bottom line.

• Upvote 2

Wow...gotta be honest...I'm seein'good points being made from all side's!!! Maggie, I've seen so many go to college and "get a degree" only to rack up ten's of thousands of dollars in debt and have almost no rise in income...it's becoming a broken system if you ask me.

The only hope I see is in the self employed arena....but sadly the noose is tightenin' in that area as we'll. So many companies are bracing for this new Obamascare that full time employment is not an option...and countless hard working folks are forced to work two or even three job's to make end's meet. My 19 year is facing a much different work field than I had, and IMO the opportunities have realistically greatly diminished...not disappeared "yet"...but much, much less opportunity than say 20-30 years ago.

Gully...your a rare breed, and again IMO we need more of your type...God Bless!!! Reality is though, there are few of your type around...and the only hope for most is to somehow better themselves to reach for a better pay in' "J.O.B."...but as I said! most won't part with their money!!! Soooo....what's the solution in this crazy world???

One of ya'lltouched on it...I've heard an "honest" economist (they are rare today as well...an honest one I mean)...he said that if everything was factored in...the cost of housing, cars, etc... Inflation causes the cost of living to double every seven years. And we wonder why it's difficult to make a livin' now a days!!!

Just my humble opinion, but until we can control our form of currency.... And eliminate this worthless fiat paper currency for starters, it is gonna be more and more of a steeper climb.

Thanks for the post Umbertino!

• Upvote 1

Gully,

for you have no clue of my compensation & benefits package.

Sure I do you said it yourself

maybe I need to charge more,pay less to achieve this. hmmmmmmmmmm that's the ticket 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/164204-52-billion-mcdonalds-ceo-has-825-per-hour-mom-arrested/page-3#ixzz2iqhmHnNv

And just as you said there are the Have's and Have Not's now you know why they have Not!

Greedy folks who just dont care who they stomp on to gain there own finacial freedoms.

Yeah Rod I know there are not many like me out there I just want good folks to have the AMERICAN DREAM

not the American Nightmare caz.I listed my compensation package and I share the profits equally

because we are equals right in the eyes of God? Would you short God caz on his work

to gain your financial freedom.Be trying to fit your head through that needle.

my guess is your head would fit just not the rest of you.

God Bless The GREEDY for they know not what they do but they do know what they do.

I'll, bet the welcome mat at your front door is a person named Mat.

whats sad is you're proud of what you do to them.I wished your employees could see this post

hey I am a hacker I will let them see it! Your Done! Enjoy!

See whats funny is I didnt have to tell them to do it they are already on it!

Have a Nice Day!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I respect your opinion................but respectfully disagree. Since the beginning of time there have been the have's & the have nots, not perfect I agree. And not all CEO's make "thousands of times more than a janitor", I know I don't..........................maybe I need to charge more,pay less to achieve this. hmmmmmmmmmm that's the ticket 

Of course, you are right. In Japan, there are limits imposed upon CEO earnings. And, here, we are not taking about 'mom and pop' businesses or even businesses in which only hundreds of thousands or a few millions are earned in net profits. If I read you correctly, you work hard and deserve your earnings, while also enabling other people to attain self-dignity through work.

The real issue, however, is far greater and affects the entire economy. Everyone can be much more prosperous if the cumulative wealth generated by peoples' labor was not channeled towards, and then hoarded, by a few at 'the top'. Human prosperity, including your own, is being deliberately thwarted by greed, which has nothing to do with capitalism. Because capitalism allows for profits to be shared.  Doesn't it?

Bottom line, our economic focus is being intentionally misdirected so that we fight and argue amongst ourselves, while obscene wealth continues to be accumulated in the hands of a few.

Edited by Wayfarer

If they do not like the wage then quit.  I am sure there are many others who would love a second income of at least something. 

I also hear so much complaining about a CEO making 'thousand times' others.  What is the alternative?  Do you want the government to come in a force a cap on how much a person can make?  Think it through.  If I am motivated enough and capable enough to make the right decisions then there should be nothing to limit what I can make or do with MY money. 

Edited by desimo

If they do not like the wage then quit.  I am sure there are many others who would love a second income of at least something. 

I also hear so much complaining about a CEO making 'thousand times' others.  What is the alternative?  Do you want the government to come in a force a cap on how much a person can make?  Think it through.  If I am motivated enough and capable enough to make the right decisions then there should be nothing to limit what I can make or do with MY money. 

Absolutely correct!  But you seem to miss the point. Or maybe I wasn't clear.  A rising tide lifts all boats. More money can easily be infused into the economy if more people shared in the wealth THEY produce. Now, however, its being accumulated into a relative few hands. I mentioned profit sharing, which would help achieve that economic effect. Nothing revolutionary. Take IBM, for example. Many assembly line workers are millionaires.

So your business earnings can be considered YOUR money and YOURs alone if it is earned without employee labor...government funds...special concessions...etc.   

Just saying...

Edited by Wayfarer
  • Upvote 1

That is a major problem in business.  It is classic that they figure people such as secretaries are sub-human employees but it is the secretaries that keep the business going, not the executives who probably could not even answer their own phone.  It is a problem but the answer to that problem means government restriction and limitations on business. 

We could make a big difference by being more mindful of where we bank and where we spend our dollars...

while being very vocal about why.

We can and have changed policies by doing just that...

believe it or not... we are very powerful when we work together as a collective society.

The first step would be for us to STOP trying to protect greedy corporations so called "rights"...

the guberment does more than a fine job of that.

Sorry still can't edit very well :) pardon all the space.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2

Why doesn't she start her own business? She has the right to doesn't she?

Mc Donald's is not and has never been a career job unless one chooses to make minimum wages for life.

Money does not buy one happiness and happiness is not a right!

She has the right to pursue happiness and nothing more.

• Upvote 2

You got the capital to help her?

I came from a poor family. I had little to nothing out of high school. No college for me.

I found a low paying job and worked my but off. My work ethics found me a better paying job time and time again.

I saved my extra money where I could. While my friends where buying new cars I was happy with an old beater truck.

While my boss made money off of me I learned how to do just that. I studied at home at night while my friends were out bar hopping

Finally I took the State Test and passed. Kept working and SAVING . I took a huge scary step finally and quit my job and went out on my own. Many a night I ate Macaroni and cheese for dinner but I kept at it. Little by little I bought newer and better tools.

My client base grew over time. I kept saving and came up with an idea and got a patent. I again took all I had saved and started another business . So I know it can be done but it takes the will power to save.

I am not defending big corporations FlatDawg . I am just defending our constitution

Which I will do to the day I die. She has the opportunity to be something more than a slave to a corporation.

But if you take away our rights we will all just be slaves to the government

Is that what you want?

• Upvote 4

maybe I need to charge more,pay less to achieve this. hmmmmmmmmmm that's the ticket 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/164204-52-billion-mcdonalds-ceo-has-825-per-hour-mom-arrested/page-3#ixzz2iqhmHnNv

And just as you said there are the Have's and Have Not's now you know why they have Not!

Greedy folks who just dont care who they stomp on to gain there own finacial freedoms.

Yeah Rod I know there are not many like me out there I just want good folks to have the AMERICAN DREAM

not the American Nightmare caz.I listed my compensation package and I share the profits equally

because we are equals right in the eyes of God? Would you short God caz on his work

God Bless The GREEDY for they know not what they do but they do know what they do.

whats sad is you're proud of what you do to them.I wished your employees could see this post

Have a Nice Day!

Have a Nice Day!

I have never put forth my companies compensation & benefits package here or any public forum so again you have twisted things to fit your opinion. What you do for your employees is your business and if it fits your business model.........great, But if doesn't match others why condem them or call them greedy. As I DID say earlier I have many employees that have been with my/partners companies for many a year(some over 15 years) who are quite content, thank you very much. 

I came from a poor family. I had little to nothing out of high school. No college for me.

I found a low paying job and worked my but off. My work ethics found me a better paying job time and time again.

I saved my extra money where I could. While my friends where buying new cars I was happy with an old beater truck.

While my boss made money off of me I learned how to do just that. I studied at home at night while my friends were out bar hopping

Finally I took the State Test and passed. Kept working and SAVING . I took a huge scary step finally and quit my job and went out on my own. Many a night I ate Macaroni and cheese for dinner but I kept at it. Little by little I bought newer and better tools.

My client base grew over time. I kept saving and came up with an idea and got a patent. I again took all I had saved and started another business . So I know it can be done but it takes the will power to save.

I am not defending big corporations FlatDawg . I am just defending our constitution

Which I will do to the day I die. She has the opportunity to be something more than a slave to a corporation.

But if you take away our rights we will all just be slaves to the government

Is that what you want?

:bravo:  :bravo:  the American dream is alive & well for those who dream to achieve. As you pointed out hard work & sacrifice is a virtue. I too started with nothing,left home when I was 17. Went to college on a scholarship(baseball) that I worked very hard to achieve. Used said scholarship to earn a degree in Business/Finance & Marketing. Started off low man on totem pole in a wharehouse. I watched/learned and stayed late(without compensation) to gain the knowledge/experience I would need later in life. Am I greedy......................HELL YES I AM, and I don't apologize for it! Don't let anyone fool ya It's about GREED for everyone. 

• Upvote 1

That is a major problem in business.  It is classic that they figure people such as secretaries are sub-human employees but it is the secretaries that keep the business going, not the executives who probably could not even answer their own phone.  It is a problem but the answer to that problem means government restriction and limitations on business. 

May I humbly disagree. Business and corporate owners can make these necessary and equitable changes themselves, on their own.  Meaning,  voluntarily. Government isn't even necessary.

I think that CEO'S are WAY over paid, and the lady should't have been arrested, but SERIOUSLY, she's bitchin about making $8.52 an hour AFTER TEN YEARS? Either she has no ambition, or is plain stupid. What comes to mind is the phrase "the world needs ditch diggers too"...The blame is on her, not the conpany. She could have take a few classes to educate herself in order to move up in the corporate structure, or moved on to another job completely. And $15 an hour for fast food? GIMME A BREAK. A big Mac would cost $9!! When I was a kid fast food was a stepping stone to other career aspirations, I don't know one person I grew up with who is still working fast food. That said, I also believe that if you are going to make FF your career, then buddy you'd better hustle your butt and learn to become managemnet material and go after the big bucks. I am really sick of this "victim" "it's everyone else's fault" mentalilty...I know jobs are hard to come by and pay less these days, but this lady made her bed..she has to lie in it...

"I think that CEO's are WAY over paid"  who determines this? Be careful you're compensation could be next to be scutinized regardless of amount.

Well then I guess your gonna have to be your own boss and workforce

what your saying is if I worked for your company I am never going to get a raise?

My company works way differant than yours when I make a profit on the quarter

I make sure my employees get their medical paid for them, I give out raises,

and the ones that do the most get commision checks to boot.

I could'nt chase my employees away with a club!

May I buy you a bullwhip and some shackles for your company same as McDonalds?

making that kind of scratch and wont even pay there medical insurance or their

retirements?Not even a raise. wow I mean WOW and who is the greedy one here?

hmmmmm.cop out for sure

sounds like your only a taker and not a giver.

make your business out of a cardboard box so its easy to fold.

Good Luck to You

and God Bless!

Good Golly Gully,

Last time I checked, we are allowed to make our own choices about where and who we work for. That women complaining about her wage didn't start that company. She was hired at a certain wage amount and probably has recieved at least some increases in her compensation over the years.

I never had the pleasure of working in any kind of fast food industry, as there weren't any within 25 miles of where I grew up on a farm. I did work though for minimum wage detassling corn in the summer in addition to what I was expected to do on our own farm. That was 3.35 an hour back then. Guess what, I didn't stay there at that wage for ten years. I actually stayed in school and got a better paying gig in the military.

The point is, these companies are in the business of making money, not giving away money. If you or anyoine else feel that a company is abusing their employees, then by all means quit working for them and don't give them your business. The fast food industry is not a career oriented work environment bottom line. You yourself as much as admitted that by saying you used to work there. You understand that these companies aren't going to decrease their profits so the employees can live on fast food wages. They will increase the cost at the register and pass the increase onto the customer. $15.00 an hour wage may translate to $8.00 burgers. I say the employees need to make better choices on how they want to earn a living rather than trying to make employers give them charity wages. Some jobs just don't deserve higher wages. Leave the wages where they are and let the kids who live at home while going to school earn a little cash. The adults who are trying to make a living on a fast food career may want to entertain a second job to increase their income...I know, I know, how dare I put the responsibillity on the employee rather than the evil management that actually worked hard and accomplished something for themselves.

• Upvote 1

Well then I guess your gonna have to be your own boss and workforce

what your saying is if I worked for your company I am never going to get a raise?

My company works way differant than yours when I make a profit on the quarter

I make sure my employees get their medical paid for them, I give out raises,

and the ones that do the most get commision checks to boot.

I could'nt chase my employees away with a club!

May I buy you a bullwhip and some shackles for your company same as McDonalds?

making that kind of scratch and wont even pay there medical insurance or their

retirements?Not even a raise. wow I mean WOW and who is the greedy one here?

hmmmmm.cop out for sure

sounds like your only a taker and not a giver.

make your business out of a cardboard box so its easy to fold.

Good Luck to You

and God Bless!

Good Golly Gully,

Last time I checked, we are allowed to make our own choices about where and who we work for. That women complaining about her wage didn't start that company. She was hired at a certain wage amount and probably has recieved at least some increases in her compensation over the years.

I never had the pleasure of working in any kind of fast food industry, as there weren't any within 25 miles of where I grew up on a farm. I did work though for minimum wage detassling corn in the summer in addition to what I was expected to do on our own farm. That was 3.35 an hour back then. Guess what, I didn't stay there at that wage for ten years. I actually stayed in school and got a better paying gig in the military.

The point is, these companies are in the business of making money, not giving away money. If you or anyoine else feel that a company is abusing their employees, then by all means quit working for them and don't give them your business. The fast food industry is not a career oriented work environment bottom line. You yourself as much as admitted that by saying you used to work there. You understand that these companies aren't going to decrease their profits so the employees can live on fast food wages. They will increase the cost at the register and pass the increase onto the customer. $15.00 an hour wage may translate to $8.00 burgers. I say the employees need to make better choices on how they want to earn a living rather than trying to make employers give them charity wages. Some jobs just don't deserve higher wages. Leave the wages where they are and let the kids who live at home while going to school earn a little cash. The adults who are trying to make a living on a fast food career may want to entertain a second job to increase their income...I know, I know, how dare I put the responsibillity on the employee rather than the evil management that actually worked hard and accomplished something for themselves.

:bravo:  :bravo:  Hard work and determination to improve ones circumstance.....................BLASPHEMY!!!! How dare you accomplish something on your own without the guidance of the GOV. I'm not for or against Big Business for nothing is perfect...........but folks need to quit whining & blaming others for their circumstance.

• Upvote 2

The Freedom for an employer to pay whatever is feasible for any particular job and the freedom for the employee to except the job or reject it is how the capitalist system works. 

Capitalism is the only monetary system that has ever allowed people to prosper.  All other forms have always enslaved the people.  Jumping up and down to destroy capitalism........... may assure future generation babies starvation while flies crawl in and out of their nostrils.  

Edited by jonjon
  • Upvote 2

The Freedom for an employer to pay whatever is feasible for any particular job and the freedom for the employee to except the job or reject it is how the capitalist system works. 

Capitalism is the only monetary system that has ever allowed people to prosper.  All other forms have always enslaved the people.  Jumping up and down to destroy capitalism........... may assure future generation babies starvation while flies crawl in and out of their nostrils.  

:twothumbs: ................... :bravo: ...................... :tiphat:

:bravo:  :bravo:  simplistic really-excellent post

You got the capital to help her?

Why do some always look to others for assistance? Answer: It's what our gov has soiled our brains to believe, no one can succeed on their own.................sad. 

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

:bravo:  :bravo:  simplistic really-excellent post

Why do some always look to others for assistance? Answer: It's what our gov has soiled our brains to believe, no one can succeed on their own.................sad.

Yup.............it's called 'SLAVE MENTALITY'.

Massah ain't happy unless all the people are dependent on his administration so he can rule over them all.

• Upvote 2

Business's(big & small)  should be allowed to create a business model that fits its intended goals, and compensation is a part of said model. If an employee or owner is not satisfied with said compensation it can be either adjusted(via negotiation) or cancelled by the company or employee, and both can move forward. If a contract is in place both parties are obliged to honor or adjust the agreement and cannot arbitrarily individually change or cancel said agreement.  

• Upvote 1